Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 - 3 Red Lights

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

pipeliner wrote: »
    This happened me about 2 weeks ago and firstly I asked them to send a courier with the labels which I was told they would be there within 5 days.

The 5 days came and went with no sign of the courier. When I rang back, they told me that the labels were delivered to my address, which could not have been the case as I live in the sticks and I would have to give directions to where I live. So they put in a fresh order this time with the labels being labelled to me.

I am now panicking as you have all said that the labels take weeks to be sent to you. I hope I have it back for chrimbo or else I will be seriously p*ssed off.

I will ring them again tomorrow to see what is going on

Why not get the labels emailed to you and print them off?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Great thread for helping to get mine fixed, wish we never needed it in the 1st place though:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 dricko

I bought my xbox in August 2007 and I finally got the 3 Red Lights on Monday. Since there is an extended warranty of 3 years for RROD am I still entitled to a replacement/refund from the shop I bought it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 the mighty elk

I got the RROD on my 11 month old Xbox.
    I tried to return it to my local xtra vision but they didn't want anything to do with it although I still had my receipt.
    The attitude of the manager was appalling and for the sake of 1 Xbox they've lost a customer.
    He didn't even realise there was a 3 year warranty on the RROD and claimed that after 28 days it's nothing to do with xtra vision.
    I called Microsoft and it's currently on its way to Germany for repair.
    Has anyone had any success getting a refund or replacement from xtra vision?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Ok people....E74..Nearly 2 years old..Any chance of repair??:mad::pac:

EDIT...Just got off the phone....Xbox warrenty is 2 years in Ireland.....
    I Love Irish consumer law :)

They told me to send a scan of my receipt by email to them....How long do the labels take to come by email ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 dricko

ciano1 wrote: »
    How long do the labels take to come by email ??

Mine came within a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Just got off the phone....Xbox warrenty is 2 years in Ireland.....
    Indeed. I got the faulty disc drive on my Christmas 2006 console fixed back just before GTA came out. It had red-ringed July 2007, so it was the second time for it to go... It died this morning :(3rd time to head off to Germany now! I've not even been once!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Ok people....E74..Nearly 2 years old..Any chance of repair??:mad::pac:

EDIT...Just got off the phone....Xbox warrenty is 2 years in Ireland.....

They told me to send a scan of my receipt by email to them....How long do the labels take to come by email ??

The warranty for a RROD is 3 years covered by microsoft. Any other issues would be covered the the standard 2 year warranty.......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

my box isn't RROD, but every time i try to play a game the whole thing freezes and i have to reboot, usually happens about 3 mins in, whole thing just locks up. doesn't matter the game, even playing a music cd will do it. have left it on for hours hoping to red ring it, but no go. i bought the bo dec 2006, so unless i get it to RROD, i'm guessing it's offot buy an arcade for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

My Xbox has the Ring of Death at the moment. I rang Microsoft a couple of months back and they said it was 80 euro to repair. Are you sure there is a three year warrenty on this? (The 360 was released in Dec 05 right? That would mean every 360 is still in warrenty for this)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Indeed. I got the faulty disc drive on my Christmas 2006 console fixed back just before GTA came out. It had red-ringed July 2007, so it was the second time for it to go... It died this morning :(3rd time to head off to Germany now! I've not even been once!

mine is sitting in reception waiting to be collected to make what must be its 9th or 10th trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

mossym wrote: »
    my box isn't RROD, but every time i try to play a game the whole thing freezes and i have to reboot, usually happens about 3 mins in, whole thing just locks up. doesn't matter the game, even playing a music cd will do it. have left it on for hours hoping to red ring it, but no go. i bought the bo dec 2006, so unless i get it to RROD, i'm guessing it's offot buy an arcade for me...

Warrenty 2 years in Ireland for ALL faults
    Just ring microsoft and see what they can do...there usually helpful.

If not...Off to tesco and get a cheap arcade

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Warrenty 2 years in Ireland for ALL faults
    Just ring microsoft and see what they can do...there usually helpful.

If not...Off to tesco and get a cheap arcade

which i did, picked up an arcade in tesco for 130, added bonus of hdmi now as well...

then decided i'd move my old xbox to the sitting room and try and get it to rrod, which today it did..so back it will go now, and i'll have 2 360's..

felt strange hoping to see the RROD though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

NiSmO wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    When I called MS to have mine repaired,ther person told my xbox was showing up as out of warrenty on their systems

I had to email them a scan of my receipt to prove it was less than 2 years old

Its Been 10 days since i sent off my xbox now

I dunno if it has even been delivered...Should I get some kind of confirmation email from MS??

Heres my ups tracking screenie...What does 'Returned to shipper' mean ??
    tracking.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Posted an ad, but figured it might be worthwhile posting here, too. I'm looking for an RROD'ed Xbox to tool around with. If you've found yerself stuck with one, for warranty reasons or whatever, gimme a shout, and I'll give you a couple of quid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Posted an ad, but figured it might be worthwhile posting here, too. I'm looking for an RROD'ed Xbox to tool around with. If you've found yerself stuck with one, for warranty reasons or whatever, gimme a shout, and I'll give you a couple of quid for it.

have you looked on ebay? last time I was looking for xbox stuff there seemed to be load of RROD'ed 360's

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Mr Soft

Hi Lads,

Got Red rings earlier on in the week. Ive had a read over the last few pages but cant figure out for certain.

I have it since April 07, bought it in game. If i brought it back there can i get an exchange for a new one? Have original receipts and all that.

I assume that I cant but just thought id check to make sure.

Thanks for any help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

If it's past the first year, no, Game won't touch it. You'll have to contact Microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Mr Soft

Thought as much, cheers for confirming it for me.

Went onto the xbox site and they section for putting in repair requests is down, can they get anything right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Mr Soft wrote: »
    Went onto the xbox site and they section for putting in repair requests is down, can they get anything right!!

Yep they said it would be down till the 6th i think.

I sent my Xbox away on the 20 October and got a brand new one today, its says-mfr date 20-06-08. This was only the 1st time i got any faults wit my Xbox and they sent me out a new one instead of a repair, Did this happen with anyone else?

5T3PH3N wrote: »
    Yep they said it would be down till the 6th i think.

I sent my Xbox away on the 20 October and got a brand new one today, its says-mfr date 20-06-08. This was only the 1st time i got any faults wit my Xbox and they sent me out a new one instead of a repair, Did this happen with anyone else?

According to the site they repaired mine
    Ill check the serial when it gets back to me

My xbox is in ireland now on its way back.....Do ups deliver saturday ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

Hi Guys,
    I bought an xbox 360 elite 13 months ago and it just got ROD. The thing is i got it insured under Currys "Coverplan" which covers repairs , accidental damage and etc.

1. has anyone had experience of how currys people fix the xbox 360's???
    2. Is there a certain time period where if they don;t have it fixed i get a brand new one??

Thanks

Hi guys me again if i go with sending 2 microsoft myself ..which is the best way to send it off .. In its original box??is it just the main console i send??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Will a store replace my red-ringed 360 after 14 months (28/08/07)? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

heymayo wrote: »
    Hi guys me again if i go with sending 2 microsoft myself ..which is the best way to send it off .. In its original box??is it just the main console i send??
    Check with Currys first. If you paid extra for an extended warranty with them, then it's best to go down that route.

If Currys don't entertain you (they really should if you paid extra), then give Microsoft a call. They'll email you shipping labels that you've to stick on to a plain box that doesn't say Microsoft or Xbox on the outside. They usually just want the console excluding wires, HDD, PSU etc., but I was asked for my PSU the second time, so it might depend on the problem.

Once you've the Xbox all packed up (with plenty of padding), then you give UPS a call to come and collect it. Or, if you prefer, you can drop it in to them.

Call Microsoft on the following:

1800 509 186
    9am - 10pm Mon-Fri
    9am - 8pm Sat
    9am - 5pm Sun

Have your serial number and other details handy.
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    Will a store replace my red-ringed 360 after 14 months (28/08/07)? :mad:
    Depends on the store, but probably not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭travis1976

I sent my Xbox away on the 20 October and got a brand new one today, its says-mfr date 20-06-08. This was only the 1st time i got any faults wit my Xbox and they sent me out a new one instead of a repair, Did this happen with anyone else?[/quote]

I've had the exact same thing happe, same dates and everything...funny that. My mfr date is 16-10-08. Thank God

• Advertisement

Once you've the Xbox all packed up (with plenty of padding), then you give UPS a call to come and collect it. Or, if you prefer, you can drop it in to them.
    Great so if i put it in a plain box with bubble wrap will it be ok?

Is it just an A4 sheet i put on it??

Advertisement