Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 - 3 Red Lights

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

just as well to sell imo to remove the hard drive, sell the broken console (should get about €50) and the drive (about €30), then buy a 60gb for €229 max with games, sell the games, you'll end up paying very little in the end,

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snaggerman

Sent mine away last week and got the email confirmation from xbox on friday. Tried to 'track' the status of the repair via the ink in that mail, but couldn't log in as they're looking for a postcode. Tried 'IRL', 'Default' , 'N/A' etc but no joy. Anyone any ideas? TIA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rovertime90

Snaggerman wrote: »
    Sent mine away last week and got the email confirmation from xbox on friday. Tried to 'track' the status of the repair via the ink in that mail, but couldn't log in as they're looking for a postcode. Tried 'IRL', 'Default' , 'N/A' etc but no joy. Anyone any ideas? TIA

try putting nk, for not known, i was just on the phone to them and thats what they told me. Hopefully it works for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Random1

Snaggerman wrote: »

Use "NA", that should work, just tested it on my own. Don't use the "/" key

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Didnt really know what to do with the label so ended up just taping the printed page to the box.

Right then rang ups yesterday morning. Could barely understand your one on the phone. Then she asked me when would I like it to be collected I said tuesday (today). So far no word from there or nothing...

Can someone tell me do they collect at any time of the day or is it just mornings? Im pissed off enough with this whole process as it is.

Should I ring them now or just give them the rest of the day to collect it?

Btw do microsoft give any freebies in return for this fault? Should i email them in disgust or anything? Any advice would be great thanks.

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    Didnt really know what to do with the label so ended up just taping the printed page to the box.

Right then rang ups yesterday morning. Could barely understand your one on the phone. Then she asked me when would I like it to be collected I said tuesday (today). So far no word from there or nothing...

Can someone tell me do they collect at any time of the day or is it just mornings? Im pissed off enough with this whole process as it is.

Should I ring them now or just give them the rest of the day to collect it?

Btw do microsoft give any freebies in return for this fault? Should i email them in disgust or anything? Any advice would be great thanks.

don't bother ringing them, schedule a collection online, all this info was in the email they sent u. here's the link to schedule https://wwwapps.ups.com/pickup/schedule?loc=en_IE&WT.svl=PNRO_L1

i did that & they collected it 2 hours later

Random1 wrote: »
    don't bother ringing them, schedule a collection online, all this info was in the email they sent u. here's the link to schedule https://wwwapps.ups.com/pickup/schedule?loc=en_IE&WT.svl=PNRO_L1

i did that & they collected it 2 hours later

Well i thought ringing them would be quicker so thats what i did...Should i give them the rest of the day or just do the order now online even though ive already rang?

UPDATE: Just got a call from ups saying there collecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

LOL, if they give us freebies for every rrod, Bill Gates would have to stand in q every week for social.
    I've send mine with broken faceplate and got brand new one (faceplate not xbox) and brand new Liteon drive.

docentore wrote: »
    LOL, if they give us freebies for every rrod, Bill Gates would have to stand in q every week for social.
    I've send mine with broken faceplate and got brand new one (faceplate not xbox) and brand new Liteon drive.

Well ive heard people mention they recieved 3 months free subscription to xbox live, a free game etc. Just wondering is it randomly done or did they make an issue of the bother of sending it away, this not being good enough etc?

Which it isnt. Its little over a year old and its broken. And christmas is one of those times of year when you actually have time to sit round and play a bit in peace.

Ive just realised I never wrote the return address on the box. On the label that I taped on it has the germany address and my address is in the top corner of the label in small print but after reading through the email again I never noticed it said to actually write your address on the box.

Anyone as stupid as me? Packing a broken xbox in a pissed off mood while in a rush is never a good idea. Have I created a massive problem for myself?

On a side note when i log into my xbox account and check repairs it says theres no system registered to me (even though ur man on the phone did it) and when i enter the ref number i was given it says theres an error??

:(

• Advertisement

i woildn't worry too much. i think most important is ref number, if you have it ur sorted. if they'll loose ur console or something you might get new one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

I shall join the list, just under2 years old...
    ups to collect tomorrow, with the 3 week turn aroound i will have been without for a month. do they cover your xboxlive gold for that time:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Karma wrote: »
    do they cover your xboxlive gold for that time:(

Each time I sent a 360 off and got it back ( 3 times in all ) there has always been a one month code card for xbox live in with the console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 enda50

:mad:just happened today!!!! very annoyed, just got end war and tomb raider!!!:mad:

any one else wishing that apple would bring out a games console:D?

enda50 wrote: »
    :mad:just happened today!!!! very annoyed, just got end war and tomb raider!!!:mad:

any one else wishing that apple would bring out a games console:D?

;) not really, i have 3 ibooks with EXACTLY the same problem as x360 - ati graphic chip got desoldered, very common fault with ibooks g3, as common as rrod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 enda50

just rang ups

2 qs

do u have to leave the box open?

do you have to put a return address on it?

my service number is still not working it says it doesnt exist?? Is there any way to track your package through ups?

for the sake of all our sanities, if your returning your xbox via the email labels do this:

"When you receive an electronic mailing label
    · You should receive a separate e-mail notification with instructions for printing the label. Follow the instructions below to ship your console to us using the electronic label. You have the option of calling UPS to arrange collection or you can schedule a collection online:
    · Schedule a collection in Ireland (https://wwwapps.ups.com/pickup/schedule?loc=en_IE&WT.svl=PNRO_L1)
    · If you have not received your electronic label in your e-mail after 24 hours, please check your "junk mail" or "spam" folders in your email application. If the shipping label email is not present, please contact Xbox Support to verify your email address, or request an alternative shipping label.
    · Use a sturdy package that is well padded to help protect the contents during the shipping process. The service centre will return the repaired or replaced components to you in our own packaging.
    · Write your full return address and the Service Request number on the outside of the package.

What to do next
    · Remove the Hard Drive if attached (Xbox 360 only). For more information on how to do this, see KB Article 906204.
    · Remove any custom faceplates (Xbox 360 only). For more information on how to do this, see KB article 907331
    · Remove any discs from the disc tray. For more information, see KB article 907532 or KB article 906935. For the original Xbox, see KB article 817396.
    · If you have already sent your console in for repair you can disregard the shipping instructions in this email.

Do not:
    · Do not write Xbox or Microsoft on the outside of the package.
    · Do not use your original Xbox or Xbox 360 packaging to send your console to our Service Centre, as it will not be returned.
    · Do not include any Games, Hard Drives, AV cables, Controllers or any other accessories with the console unless instructed by an Xbox Service Agent.

How to check on the status of your console repair?
    You can do this quickly and easily by signing in at https://service.xbox.com/servicesignin.aspx. Once you have logged in, click on the relevant device and then click on "Review your repair status". Type "NA" for postcode for Ireland"

Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Ack happened mine today :( And I'm literally one week outside the one year warrenty (console was an xmas gift last year). I guess I have no chance of gamestop replacing it but will try tomorrow. Otherwise I'll be ringing MS...

I tried to register the console online today but it says "The chosen country is not currently supported." for Ireland, anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: I couldn't register cause I was on the American version of xbox.com woops.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Maddzy wrote: »
    Ack happened mine today :( And I'm literally one week outside the one year warrenty (console was an xmas gift last year). I guess I have no chance of gamestop replacing it but will try tomorrow. Otherwise I'll be ringing MS...

I tried to register the console online today but it says "The chosen country is not currently supported." for Ireland, anyone else have this problem?

Just ring M$ and they'll register it with you on the phone, its pretty painless process, but be prepared to be without it for 3 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dexterm99

This is the second time it's happened on me. I brought the first one back to Virgin 6-7 months ago and they replaced it. Just got the RROD again yesterday. I don't really use it unless it's to watch a movie but my kids love it. All I can say is thanks be to Jaysus they didn't ask for a 360 game from Santa or I would really be panicking now...

I can't find any European support number. Is global support just out of the US? If so that is a pain in the arse as they don't provide 24x7 support.

I rang Zavvi and they told me to ring MS. Would I have any luck if I turned up at Zavvi with my two year old xbox and asked for a replacement?

Dexterm99 wrote: »

I rang Zavvi and they told me to ring MS. Would I have any luck if I turned up at Zavvi with my two year old xbox and asked for a replacement?

no chance unfortunately

When i sign into xbox to check my repair status it STILL says theres no registered items on this account and when i type in the service number it says it doesnt exist!?

Im getting emails so I know im registered. Whats goin on??

My xbox doesn't seem to have a full on RRoD, it will turn on for about 10 mins then freeze up and when i turn it off/on it will have RRoD. Leaving it off for 15 minutes and going back it won't do the RRoD again but will freeze up.... Does this count as proper RRoD? I don't wanna send it to MS only to have it sent back when they turn it on and it starts up...

Anyone sent an xbox with a similar issue to mine?
    When i sign into xbox to check my repair status it STILL says theres no registered items on this account and when i type in the service number it says it doesnt exist!?

Im getting emails so I know im registered. Whats goin on??

Make sure you're logged into the Irish version of xbox.com: http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/

It doesn't show my registration details when I'm logged into the default American one...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got mine back today (10 days all in) and its a brand new console and its quieter :confused: got a little letter saying my serial was differnet but its in a new case.

is this normal or was my old one super fubared? RROD was reason i sent it away.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I got a new 1 as well, made the 28th of October 2008, not too bad considering that my old 1 was made Jan 06, it's also quiter.

Pain that I've to set everything up all over again, although I was thinking of setting up a new Live account also. Nice of M$ to throw in a months free live subscription as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

i got mine back yesterday, not replaced but repaired again (dvd drive and motherboard issues according to the accompanying letter + another pissy month of Live Gold). that's 2 repairs in the space of 8 months, i'm not happy, i was expacting a newbie. when it goes again i'll be in touch with the small claims court - i've another full year of RRoD warranty

Nope tried it. Tried signing in and it says ive no devices registered and when i just type in the service repair number it says none exists.

Saying all this though I recieved an email yesterday they have recieved my xbox and its in repair and telling me I can track its progress??

You can track the process using your ref number and area code, or by ringing them with ref number according to the customer service chick I spoke to.

Speaking of which, she was the nicest most polite cust service rep I have ever dealth with, and on Christmas Eve as well. I hope the rest of my little MS customer service RRoD adventure continues as pleasently as it has started cause she was awesome.

• Advertisement

Maddzy wrote: »
    You can track the process using your ref number and area code, or by ringing them with ref number according to the customer service chick I spoke to.

Speaking of which, she was the nicest most polite cust service rep I have ever dealth with, and on Christmas Eve as well. I hope the rest of my little MS customer service RRoD adventure continues as pleasently as it has started cause she was awesome.

Yeah I rang up and told the service rep my ref number and he told me they have all my details. Said that the website is a little slow to update sometimes but my xbox has been gone for over a week now. Cant say im enjoying my RROD adventure. Especially at christmas time!

Advertisement