Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 - 3 Red Lights

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

speedfreak wrote: »
    got mine back last Tuesday. Hardly played it.. RROD again Sunday. piece of $hit. new one on the way apparently when this one goes back plus offered free accessory or game because of failure no. 2. seriously considering a PS3 after this..

Ouch. I hope mine fares better. I'm already pricing ps3's. :D (In addition to, rather then to replace the xbox. Blueray is calling..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

What do they actually do when its set off to get fixed, do they replace the chip with the newer one that's in the current batch of 360's, or just give it a couple of shocks with a defibrillator?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

The clarify my story: This is my second xbox, first one died of GPU failure (causing artifacts, freezing)

My current xbox, which I have NEVER had trouble with, just gave me the three red rings. And I am almost certain the hd dvd drive caused it. Sounds retarded i know but wait, I have had the drive since xmas and use it often with no problems. Today, 5 mins after watching full metal jacket (which when finished, I powered down console)

I press eject on hd dvd drive, take out disc, put in another disc, THEN power on actual console, and bingo three red lights.

Yes, coincidences do happen, but WTF no way that that's a coincidence. Turning on the hd dvd drive first cleary freaked out my console and it burnt itself out or something.

Pretty annoyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Does anyone know what the dealio is with UPS? I got my labels, i know i need to call them to arrange collection and theres a number to call on it, 1800 575757, is that the right one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Yeah thats the right number. If you ring today they'll ask you if you are around all day tomorrow to hand over the box. They arrived at 10.30am for me down in Wicklow.

• Advertisement

Batesy wrote: »
    Yeah thats the right number. If you ring today they'll ask you if you are around all day tomorrow to hand over the box. They arrived at 10.30am for me down in Wicklow.

cheers, thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 sekelly

i am so pissed off waiting...UPS collected my xbox last thursday at lunch time. I rang them there to see what was the story and they told me that its hasnt arrived at the centre yet...wtf

After reading that sum people got there xbox within a week i was hoping to get it tomorrow!!icon9.gif

I am gona get my German friend to speak to microsoft, he sounds like terminator when he is mad...and he has really good skills when dealing with complaints!!

well the dude from ups just picked up my package, the first thing he said when looking at the box? (bear in mind its a plain cardboard box, nothing about xbox or MS on it)

"lemme guess, another bleedin xbox 360?" :D

Update:
    Rang MS last Tuesday.
    UPS picked it up Wednesday.
    Arrived Germany Monday
    Ready to be shipped back today. (awaiting UPS pick-up)

All and all I'm quite happy with the support. (Even thought the RROD should'nt have happened in the first place)

Hopefully I'll have it back for the weekend but more likely Monday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Damn.
    Get my Xbox back yesterday and was greeted with constant screen freezes. Another call to Xbox support and off it goes for another two weeks. Quick repair this time apparently :rolleyes: Honestly.

• Advertisement

It's a joke really isn't it.

If that happens to mine I'm gonna demand they send me a NEW one and not just repair it again.

I have to admit with Blu-ray having won the HD war the PS3 is starting to sound VERY tempting indeed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If that happens to mine I'm gonna demand they send me a NEW one and not just repair it again.

I have to admit with Blu-ray having won the HD war the PS3 is starting to sound VERY tempting indeed.

The reliability of the PS3 is certainly tempting. I think the 360 is a terrific console, but honestly I just want to play some games for an hour or two every night, and at this rate it just isn't happening. I will defend Microsoft and their excellent game system, but my patience is really being tested now.

I dont know about that....microsoft will never giv in, they have never lost a console war so it must feel weird!!! They might aswell admit that at the moment blu ray is the bomb...although microsoft will never go the blu ray route.
    I heard that in japan they have a team working on ultra HD that will be able to compete with blu ray?!? So the future is not that bleak for xbox gamers.......to be continued

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinlessgunner

I got the RRoD on mine the other night and there is a guy in Bray that fixes them for €60 odd. Mine is with him now said he would get back to me in a week or so. Saves sending it to Microsoft, you will be waiting ages for them to get it back to you. It's a joke anyway, I spent €500 on that machine and jut over a year later it dies on me. PS3 beckoning I think.

I got the RRoD on mine the other night and there is a guy in Bray that fixes them for €60 odd. Mine is with him now said he would get back to me in a week or so. Saves sending it to Microsoft, you will be waiting ages for them to get it back to you. It's a joke anyway, I spent €500 on that machine and jut over a year later it dies on me. PS3 beckoning I think.

Don't know about that mate. Sent mine off to MS in Germany last Wednesday for FREE and it's on its way back now. Should have it on Monday/Tuesday. That's a turnaround of less than 2 weeks for FREE!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Mine was sent off last monday, due back today. Again, less then two weeks and for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Just checking my UPS tracking NO. and looks like it was delivered yesterday to Germany :)

Probably get it back next Friday ;)

Yo Mamma wrote: »
    Just checking my UPS tracking NO. and looks like it was delivered yesterday to Germany :)

Probably get it back next Friday ;)

I am the same....I should be expecting it back today(wishful thinking) or else on Monday. I sent it away on the 7th of feb so if i get it back within 2 weeks then i will be happy!! Plus i heard that they are sending out new xbox 360's with hdmi port??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Dodgy leccy job in my new rented gaf made these red lights appear on my machine...broke one, never realized it was the leccy job until when my second one arrived (replacement from microsoft) it happened after a month. The following week my housemate plugged in an iron and the whole sockets in room went! Brought it into another room and it worked perfectly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Is there a way for me to set this return up online? I don't feel like sitting on hold...

• Advertisement

No, you have to ring mate. It does speed things up though if you register your console on xbox.com first.

I was only on hold for about a 2 minutes.

No, you have to ring mate. It does speed things up though if you register your console on xbox.com first.

I was only on hold for about a 2 minutes.

:( Damn. I'll do it tomorrow then.

:( Damn. I'll do it tomorrow then.

*EDIT* Feck! I hate talking on the phone... :(

My 360 arrived back about a half hour ago. :D

They said they found a problem with the motherboard and replaced the faulty part.
    I found this paragraph on the letter a bit strange:

'In the unlikely event you encounter further problems with your XBOX console, please carefully note the game title, level, number of players, and other circumstances surrounding the problem and call the XBOX Customer Care at the number in your manual. If you have the reference number from your previous call, please provide this to the Customer Care operative.'

This suggests to me that MS reckon that some GAMES are causing the 360 to RROD!! WTF!! :confused:

In total it was a 13 day turn around. Not too shabby at all IMO.

Fingers crossed it stays healthy now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

UPS just collected mine. Second xbox to have died. It RROD. Launch console died of GPU problems where games froze and artifacts. Hopefully they will replace it with newer model with hdmi output.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

RROD on mine on Saturday night, Phone call to Microsoft on sunday, collection on Monday afternoon. Console hopefully somewhere in Germany by now....
    Praying for the HDMI output model.........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Got mine back in 12 days, from collection to doorstep

Got mine back in 12 days, from collection to doorstep

did you get the hdmi model?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

i wouldnt be holding out for a new model. just got my original one back for the second time. new motherboard and dvd drive this time. just waiting for the next blow out..

• Advertisement

speedfreak wrote: »
    i wouldnt be holding out for a new model. just got my original one back for the second time. new motherboard and dvd drive this time. just waiting for the next blow out..

Got my xbox back yesterday...took 13 days, which wasnt too bad...all they did was put in a new motherboard...so its exactly the same, will have to start counting the days until it breaks again.

I'm really thinking bout trading in my 360 for a PS3....PS3 is the cheapest and best blu-ray dvd player on the market so it doubles up aswell cause it can do so much more.....although i really love my 360 and gears of war 2 out in november...what to do???

Also with toshiba announcing yesterday that they are not producing any more hd dvd...looks like blu-ray is here to stay!

Advertisement