Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 - 3 Red Lights

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

joe123 wrote: »
    It says ive a replacement and I had a quick look at i think the manufactured date is 2008!

A replacement, not so bad....

Waiting for mine to get picked up today, hope i'll be as lucky to get a replacement!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Rang them earlier. Getting the yolkies mailed to me. Said it would take 48 hours.

im...LOST wrote: »
    Rang them earlier. Getting the yolkies mailed to me. Said it would take 48 hours.

Just to get the shipping label mailed to ya? 48 hours?

I rang them yesterday, and UPS picked up the xbox this morning, all smooth so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Yeah, just the labels.

How'd you get it sorted so quick?

Good question!

I just rang them, and explained it was the 3 red lights and he said they would send UPS out within 3 working days to pick it up and they would have the shipping labels, all i had to do was pack the xbox up.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Could someone post the number to call microsoft up for me please?
    I have a 360 that went funny with the RROD a few months ago, its date on the back is 2006-01-03, Is that still covered under warrenty? it was purchased on the 21st of jan 2006 from the receipt here,

also, i have the box off the second one i bought, would that be fine to return it in? and what do they pack the new/repaired one in?

Im not sure if someone already thought of it, but it might be a good idea to have a thread like this one, only have it locked so the info is much easier to get hold of.,

cheers!.,:)

EDIT: i found the site to register the console, but for some reason its saying this country isn't currently supported? I found this number too, 1800 509186, i'll give that a bash tomorrow and see how that works out.,:)

I sent mine back this week, ya ring that number from a landline, and they arrange it to be picked up and fixed if its still in the 3 years warrenty.

I tried to arrange the repair on the website 1st but the page kept erroring, so i just registered the console then rang them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 enda50

just got mine back! well got a new console! happy days cause i bought it second hand in the first place! and it was scraped and all dirty!

glad now it happened over christmas cause at-least i was occupied every day!
    could have been worse, could have happened when i was board outta my tree and i would have really noticed it missing!

heres hoping i get a new console too.

Do you get a report back with the xbox, telling you what was wrong with the old one and they've given you a new one, or did ya check the serial and it was a new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 buttersbrady

With the rrod do microsoft just send people new 360's at this stage?

• Advertisement

With the rrod do microsoft just send people new 360's at this stage?

here's hoping!

If they sent out a new one, and it has a different board, do they send out new power supplies too?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Trevor O

Nope. All you send back is the console itself and that's all they replace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

A mate of mine is fixing his himself. Most of the parts can be found in DIY stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Trevor O

That's grand if your an electronic engineer and know what's wrong with it! :p If you ask Microsoft they tell you that the RROD is a sign of a "General Hardware Fault". i.e. It could be ANYTHING from the power supply to a loose piece of soldering internally! :eek: :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

JUst got the red rings there myself.. xbox has been opened and flashed. i cleaned the holgram off i did.. will i bother sending it away? also what is the irish law on electronics.. its under 2 years since i got it.. also if they send me a new one is that covered for another 3 years?

If ya opened it then they wont honour the warranty., Its 1 year with the seller and 3 years with Microsoft.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

Sending it back would be the best option I would say. To microsoft that is. It's worth the wait.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yea I was reading online about people sending back flashed drives and just getting sent out a replacement.. I totally rubbed the sticker off it I did to make it look like it never had one. whats the worst that can happen i was thinking.. maybe they charge me a rip off price for the pickup and delivery of it.. I must have been thinking somewere that all electronical goods is two years.. might just go out an buy one aswell in the meantime and give the repaired unit to the nephew..

Up in Newry they were doing pound for euro and the arcade console was only 80euro.,

vtec wrote: »
    Up in Newry they were doing pound for euro and the arcade console was only 80euro.,
    last time i was up there everyone told me loads of places did that. didnt see 1 shop!
    not worth it going up, toll 10euro, 15-20quid petrol and about 3-4 hours of time. starting 2 annoy me at this stage, everyones response "such and such newry"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

sekelly wrote: »
    I am gona get my German friend to speak to microsoft, he sounds like terminator when he is mad...and he has really good skills when dealing with complaints!!
    LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭yogicolly

just got the red rings there yesterday and I am going to ring Microsoft today, just wondering what is the situation on a replacement should I receive one. My model is the 20gb with hdmi port. would the replacement be brand new and if so how can you tell, I don't want some refurbished piece of crap, either my one fixed or a brand new one. also if it is brand new does it come in the xbox packaging, like including the cables and controller?

i only bought it 8 months ago and think it ridiculous that Xtravision will not take care of this if it is within the first year and if receipt is shown. they should give a replacement on the spot.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

yogicolly wrote: »
    just got the red rings there yesterday and I am going to ring Microsoft today, just wondering what is the situation on a replacement should I receive one. My model is the 20gb with hdmi port. would the replacement be brand new and if so how can you tell, I don't want some refurbished piece of crap, either my one fixed or a brand new one. also if it is brand new does it come in the xbox packaging, like including the cables and controller?

i only bought it 8 months ago and think it ridiculous that Xtravision will not take care of this if it is within the first year and if receipt is shown. they should give a replacement on the spot.

cheers

When you get it back it will be a different serial number on the machine and they usually tell you on a letter that its a replacement unit. If its not then they will swap out the motherboard adn the DVD drive, you might actually get a Jasper, which is supposed to cure the 3ROD :)

yog, if its only 8 months old, the law states that your contract is with xtravision themselfs, and not ms. you should go back state to them that you want either a replacement, repair or refund.
    register the xbox in your name you should.. and then they would have problems sending it back to ms themself to get it repaired as they're not the registered owner.

yogicolly wrote: »

Xtravision should give you a new one as its still within the ones years warrenty. Its the law, i'd go back into them and try again, there is a decent website supposedly about consumer rights, cant rememeber the name of it now, but there does be adds on the radio for it.

Yea its not the first time I've heard of gamestop/xtravision trying to pull this trick yea know nearly all places would replace an electrical item if its within the 1 year warrenty instead of trying ot fob you off to ms.. check out the consumer issues forum..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Lenny wrote: »
    Yea its not the first time I've heard of gamestop/xtravision trying to pull this trick yea know nearly all places would replace an electrical item if its within the 1 year warrenty instead of trying ot fob you off to ms.. check out the consumer issues forum..

I dunno about that I think legally they can offer to repair it for you or send it back to M$ for repair for you, had the same crap with smyths in fonthill, had the know issue of cracked right hand hing on daughters Nintendo, argued with the bloke that it should be replaced, he wouldn't budge, so rather then having to deal with them I had to go direct to Nintendo to send it back to them :(

http://www.consumerassociation.ie/rights_knowrights.html

Have a read and think about going back into xtravision...

mine was just over the year when it RROD'd so i have to sent it back to MS, I got in Gamestop, and they would have given me a new one if it was within the years warrenty according to a friend of mine who works there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 enda50

CKWPORT wrote: »
    heres hoping i get a new console too.

Do you get a report back with the xbox, telling you what was wrong with the old one and they've given you a new one, or did ya check the serial and it was a new one?

yea they sent a teller tooo! sayin they replaced the xbox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭yogicolly

Just wondering after reading this entire thread! Has anybody at all been successful with getting a refund or replacement off Xtravision! It seems they are completely unwilling ever to refund or replace the Xbox, even though it less than a year! All they offer is a repair!

Advertisement