Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 - 3 Red Lights

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Earthday

really?... oh good i was about to get a heart attack but thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

DingDong wrote: »
    Got my xbox back today they replaced the dvd drive and motherboard. Not a bad turn around for it being picked up on the 5th

It's surprising that they just didn't give you a new one like if they replaced two things in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Kabuto

Got the three red rings a few days ago when playing Fallout 3, but now when I power up the console they aren't showing, the sound is fine but it displays no picture. Will Microsoft try to charge me because the three red rings aren't showing anymore or will it still be a free repair?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭ixm1980

Kabuto wrote: »
    the sound is fine but it displays no picture. Will Microsoft try to charge me because the three red rings aren't showing anymore or will it still be a free repair?

It all depends if your Xbox is under warranty. I had the same problem about 2 weeks ago. My Xbox was just out of warranty. I rang Xbox Support and they said there would be a 90euro repair fee. I refused to pay it, spoke to a supervisor and the very kind lady changed the status from repair to warranty. Xbox is due back today... 10 working days so Happy Days!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

im...LOST wrote: »
    It's surprising that they just didn't give you a new one like if they replaced two things in it.

Yeah I thought I was going to be getting a new xbox its my second time to return it. It does seem a lot quieter with the new drive so I'm still happy with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dunie001

I had the THREE RED RINGS OF DEATH about three months ago. it was actually around hallowe'en now that i think about it!!!

I registered the xbox on the xbox support website and submitted a repair demand. My xbox 360 was over two years old, so I was nervous that i'd have to pay the repair fee.

I got a UPS label sent to me by email...printed it off stuck it on a box with my return address and stuffed the xbox 360 into the box along with all the bubble wrap I could find round the house and sent it on it's merry way to Germany to get fixed...just over two weeks later I got a new xbox 360 back!!! Happy Days!

I also got a 1 month xbox live membership to compensate for me not being able to play the xbox while it was getting repaired...Yippee!!!:)

Just one thing i'd mention about the return address...make damn sure you put somewhere that a UPS driver can find as the return address...my house is in the middle of nowhere so it ended up in the local Spar shop in town instead of at the house...such a bit of panicking i did worrying about where the bloody thing would end up!!:confused:

But the UPS Guy rang me up the next day and told me that he left it in the shop as he couldn't find the house! Lucky that I put my mobile number on the side of the box as well!!!!

It's great though...you can follow the package on the UPS website as it leaves Ireland and goes to Germany and again on the way back! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

you did well out of it getting a new one!

I am still waiting for mine back, it says shipped on xbox.com since friday but the UPS site hasnt updated at all, as my xbox is probably just sitting there in germany waiting to be picked up!!

The UPS website only updates deliveries in the evening so it's always one day behind...it's only a guideline really.

I was panicking for ages about my xbox because UPS was telling me that it was delivered and the xbox support page was saying that it hadn't arrived yet!!! I couldn't sleep for days coz of the nightmares!

If you want an accurate update, i highly recommend you ring xbox support directly and give them the repair status number thingy...then they'll tell you exactly what stage it's at (their pcs are updated every 5mins)...they told me it was already shipped back and that i'd either receive it that day or the day after...despite both websites saying that it was still being repaired.

dunie001 wrote: »
    The UPS website only updates deliveries in the evening so it's always one day behind...it's only a guideline really.

I think mine could be a bit more than a day behind or it aint been picked up yet!

The UPS site just says Billing Info Recieved and hasnt updated at all in the past 2 days.

all i can say is have patience...

you have to book online on the UPS website to arrange a pick up time and place for the package...i.e. your xbox.

forgot about that bit in my last post...D'Oh!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I shipped mine off on the 13th Jan, the ups site said there was some sort of issue with it so the delivery was delayed or something, just checked the email i got from MS and they have already shipped the repaired/replaced console back to me,.:)

Thats pretty good service that is!.,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

hey, mine red ringed and its on its way back to me. im just wondering., When it happened to any of you, did they repair or replace it?? as my xbox only seemed to be in the repair centre for about 3 hours or so...

Mine was in it for a few days, (and then sitting on a pallet for another few days)..but its due back tomorrow or friday, so i will post whether it was repaired or replaced as soon as i get it

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

my xbox landed there on monday..
    but I cna't seem to check the status of it.. i use the repair num,ber they gave me.. and i use "24" as my zip code as per my contact info.
    keeps saying they can't find any registered consoles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

Had mine since xmas and I find that sometimes it dosen't load properly when playing games that I have to reset as such. Also the noise out of it is horrible I can't even hear the game I'm playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Ugh, my dearly beloved bricked on me yesterday morning! A seemingly random failure as well because it certainly wasn't due to overheating and I wasn't using it much over the New Year!

I bought my 360 second hand from GameStop, so I'm hoping that doesn't cause any issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dexterm99

AdMMM wrote: »
    Ugh, my dearly beloved bricked on me yesterday morning! A seemingly random failure as well because it certainly wasn't due to overheating and I wasn't using it much over the New Year!

I bought my 360 second hand from GameStop, so I'm hoping that doesn't cause any issues!

Just as a matter of interest, was the 360 left plugged in or was it sitting on or under an electrical device?

It was left plugged in, but not turned on. It was on the ground (in a vertical position) and there were no other electrical items near it!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dexterm99

I'd the same issue as you. I hardy used mine and had it RROD twice. Both times I would leave them plugged in but not on. I now unplug it when it's not in use. To early to tell if it will prolong it's life but it appears to be the only thing that would explain overheating (during the consoles lifetime not just when you play a game).

Oh ffs! Turns out the previous owner of my console had registered his console with Microsoft meaning I now have to jump through hoops to try get a replacement. Why do I get the feeling that this is going to be one of those cases that falls through the cracks with neither party accepting responsibility, leaving me high and dry?

Just a hunch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

AdMMM wrote: »
    Oh ffs! Turns out the previous owner of my console had registered his console with Microsoft meaning I now have to jump through hoops to try get a replacement. Why do I get the feeling that this is going to be one of those cases that falls through the cracks with neither party accepting responsibility, leaving me high and dry?

Just a hunch.

yea I was thinking that. I had heard that ifyou buy a second hand console, and its registered to someone else ms will only get it repaired if the orgional owner rings up to get it fix..
    only option is to return it back to gamestop perhaps see if they have any luck getting it repaired through ms..
    from reading back your not going to get it repaired by ms because its not in your name..

Just got my elite back now, the motherboard was all that was replaced.

I havent tried it yet, as i got it delivered to work.

Good stuff.
    I can't seem to check the o9nline status of my repair?
    i got an email on wednesday saying they got it alright.. when I go to the repair page and put in my rep id, and use postcode 24 it says it could not find any repairs... ?

That repair ID didnt work for me either.

I had my console registered, so i just clicked on it on the support page and it brought me to repair status.

yea I have it registered too. but when I click on the s/n of the box it just brings me to "check warrenty status" and just says its expired..

Well if you got the email that it arrived there, about 5 days after that you should get a mail that its on the way back with a UPS code so you can track it.

Still not able to track it.. so gave them a ring anyway..
    its been repaired its on the way.. got the tracking number off them so it must only be sent today.. wonder if they replaced the cd drive on it or not.. cause its flashed

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

My 360 just got the red ring of death. This is the second time this has happened. Original bought in Dec 06, faulty in June 07 and replaced by store. Now, 18 months later the replacement is faulty and the store won't replace it saying to contact Microsoft. When i register my serial number it says the standard warranty has expired (11/05/07 - before i even got it) and won't allow me request a repair.

Am I going to have any luck phoneing them on this?

ya, they'll sort it when you ring!

And since you have the console registered already, the process might be a bit quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Where do you track location/status of your xbox? Is it on the Xbox site because I can't seem to find it?

Advertisement