Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 - 3 Red Lights

Options

Comments

byrneno7 wrote: »
    My 20gb xbox keeps freezing 5mins after turning it on. Is the rrod on its way? Dont fancy the hassel sending it back to microsoft so how much dose a console repair place charge to have it fixed.

Connection between the GPU and HANA chip is being lost, best fix would be to Reflow with a Heatgun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 bk7

My Xbox 360 broke on me the other day, one red light comes up and on screen it says "Error E74"....has this happened to anyone else?

ive had the xbox for bout 2 years now, am I entitled for it to be replaced by microsoft or the place where i got it from??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

bk7 wrote: »
    My Xbox 360 broke on me the other day, one red light comes up and on screen it says "Error E74"....has this happened to anyone else?

ive had the xbox for bout 2 years now, am I entitled for it to be replaced by microsoft or the place where i got it from??

E74 error now has a 3 year warranty, so get onto microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Just sent my xbox away on the E74 warantee today, anyone with recent experience know how long MS should take?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Just sent my xbox away on the E74 warantee today, anyone with recent experience know how long MS should take?
    mate sent his off on wednsday and said it would be about 3-4 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I got an email telling me to give it 2-3 weeks, but i was under the assumption that 2-3 weeks was an over-estimation so i dont expect it in 2-3 days, basically to cover themselves if it takes a bit longer.

I would be upset if i dont have it back in 10 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wolfyben

I got the RRoD on mine the other night and there is a guy in Bray that fixes them for €60 odd. Mine is with him now said he would get back to me in a week or so. Saves sending it to Microsoft, you will be waiting ages for them to get it back to you. It's a joke anyway, I spent €500 on that machine and jut over a year later it dies on me. PS3 beckoning I think.
    where abouts in bray?its not that chinky man down the albert walk??or is it the oul lad at the top of the town?iv had mine a little over a year and the poxy thing broke when i was watching a dvd,one red light whatever that means.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

wolfyben wrote: »
    where abouts in bray?its not that chinky man down the albert walk??or is it the oul lad at the top of the town?iv had mine a little over a year and the poxy thing broke when i was watching a dvd,one red light whatever that means.

A year for a fixed console is a VERY good result. I would sell it on ebay, throw in few cents and buy Jasper one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

This has gotten interesting....

No its going to stop now. This is a thread for help with RROD not for people to take digs at each other buisnessess, any other posts on legal action or defamatory remarks will find themselves at the recieving end of a ban.

Decision made by cat mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

There was a no chatter warning in the very first post of this thread. Many ignored it. Posts have been deleted. The mods and myself will be keeping a close eye on this thread. Keep it on topic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Hey all, my xbox finally rrod'ed today, bought back in december 05, the warranty is for 3 years only? how much will it cost to get fixed by microsoft?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

My xbox got 3 red flashing lights today. Top left, bottom left and bottom right corners. I googled it and apparently its a power block problem, tried everything they suggested like removing all cables and reconnecting etc but I've had no luck. Is my xbox done in?? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

well if its a power block failure, you might be lucky in that its only your power block thats needing replacement.

If you have a friend with a 360, either bring over your block to his and try it with his 360 or try his block on your 360 and see what happens.

Tried a different power block today, still no luck. So I think I'm just going to buy a new xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I got my first RROD yesterday evening - I feel like a real XBOX owner :rolleyes:

My question is, do I have to keep trying it until it fails completely or should I send it back now, will Microsoft switch it on see it work and go nah thats fine??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭legend365

SECOND xbox has just froze itself. My first 1 microsoft did didily squat when i rang them twice. Twice they said they'd come out. Twice they didnt.

Man im done with xbox. Playstation from here on out i dont care.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Sagat06 wrote: »
    I got my first RROD yesterday evening - I feel like a real XBOX owner :rolleyes:

My question is, do I have to keep trying it until it fails completely or should I send it back now, will Microsoft switch it on see it work and go nah thats fine??

Nope send it back now give them a call tell them you have 3 red rings and that the light on your powerbrick is green, ask them to email out the labels to you and when they arrive ring UPS to pick a suitable day for picking up your console. Wait 3 weeks and you'll get it back with a new motherboard and DVD drive (think they are swapping out the drives for Liteons which are harder to flash)

This may sound like a stupid question, but when you're sending back your xbox to microsoft, do you have to package it yourself or does the courier supply the box? Also, does it cost to send it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Moiph wrote: »
    This may sound like a stupid question, but when you're sending back your xbox to microsoft, do you have to package it yourself or does the courier supply the box? Also, does it cost to send it back?

No you need to provide a box, don't use your original box either as you won't be getting that back, maybe check with your local supermarket to find a decent box, bubble wrap your console, and when you get it back, make sure you hang onto the packaging in case you have to return it again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

D'oh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 jabbathehurt

And *pop* goes my boards cherry!

*this is an edited version of an earlier post
    the post would be better suited to this thread

Please helps guys/gals!!!

I need help, my 360 has 2 red lights.
    I know what they mean thats not why im here.

Im here because I need to get it sent off to be repaired.
    But microsoft only extend warranty to 3 red lights

I need proof of purchase to show that I bought it this year.
    Alas I have of course lost mine!

Im hoping that somebody out there can send me a scan
    of a receipt for a core/arcade console in euros within the last year.

im not taking it back to the shop. Im sending it off to microsoft.

They ask for proof of purchase, if you say that it is within a year old but their serial number says it was made x time ago.

I used to work for gamestop and some consoles could be received and sit in the store for ages before being sold,
    thus in my case making my 360 over a year old.

In hindsight I wish i'd shook it or even just lied and said i got three rings.
    But i rang em and went through the process of registering the console already.
    now they have it on their system, that my console has the 2 red lights fault instead of 3 red lights fault.
    So im ****ed.

The console isnt even a year old and I can't prove that its not!mad.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Well, it's about time this old Core model went. Although lasting 2 years and 10 months from the original manufacturing date was impressive :)

My only main issue is that when I try to register it's serial number online, it keeps complaining that "a problem occured, and your request cannot be processed". Guess a phone call to MS is needed come Monday :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭sfhawke7w

hi guys hope u can help, got great arvice lat year over the 3 rings, my neighbour called in this evening, her sons x box has one red ring and is reading e73 error, she rang microsoft and they want a copy of the receipt, the credit card one is faded and she doesnt have a shop one, so the woman she spoke to has asked for her credit card bill to be faxed, now you can imagine not willing to do that.

so question is? is there a way to solve the e73 error and one red light? or does the xbox need to be sent off also

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

madrab wrote: »
    Hey all, my xbox finally rrod'ed today, bought back in december 05, the warranty is for 3 years only? how much will it cost to get fixed by microsoft?
    Thanks
    Mine rrod'ed last night (again) and like yours,it's out of warranty:( The guy quoted me €91.00 for Microsoft to fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 louie22

My xbox got the red rings yesterday and i dont know what to do. My extravision warrenty is gone and i dont have the receipt as i got it as a present. It is the elite model so it is less than 3 years old. Does every xbox get a warrenty from microsoft?

louie22 wrote: »
    My xbox got the red rings yesterday and i dont know what to do. My extravision warrenty is gone and i dont have the receipt as i got it as a present. It is the elite model so it is less than 3 years old. Does every xbox get a warrenty from microsoft?

Every console under three years have warranty for 3red lights and e74. Just ring them, you will be fine, no receipt needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭BCawley

It may have been answered before put 54 pages is a lot to search through :p

The 3 year warranty, is it from the manufacture date on the back of the xbox or the date of purchase?

If its purchase date and i dont have a receipt, how can i prove its less than 3 years old?

go to www.xbox.com , register or login for live, go to support, register your console and you will see straight away if you're eligeble for repair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭BCawley

docentore wrote: »
    go to www.xbox.com , register or login for live, go to support, register your console and you will see straight away if you're eligeble for repair

Thanks for that but I just wondered in theory was it manufacture date or purchase date. Writing a RROD Guide of Sorts.

Again I'm being awkward but the question doesnt merit its own thread..

Would A video cable and power supply bought at launch work on the recent xboxes (ie a new core or elite version?). Something tells me the Power Supply has changed since launch? :confused:

• Advertisement

the newer supplies have less wattage. But the old ones will still work on newer consoles. The console will draw as much power as it needs. So to answer your question, yes you can use both on newer console without any hassle, modifications etc. Plug and play ;)

Advertisement