Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 - 3 Red Lights

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭madheaded

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I dont know. I just requested my repair online without any issue. The phonecall just told me to go to the website so I didnt see any alternative.

what trouble are you having?

it told me to contact customer case request could not be processed i rang up again and got it posted sending out labels by e-mail within 24hours all's well for now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭ronrar

I just got the 3 red lights. I've had the xbox around 2 years and barely even used it.

I'm not sure I still have the receipt, will that matter? The box still has some of the tags on it.

So, do I ring the number or will they just tell me to go here -

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/contact/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ronrar wrote: »
    I just got the 3 red lights. I've had the xbox around 2 years and barely even used it.

I'm not sure I still have the receipt, will that matter? The box still has some of the tags on it.

So, do I ring the number or will they just tell me to go here -

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/contact/

You don't need any kind of receipt, just the serial number of your 360 (white label on the back of it)
    From my experience, you're better off trying to do it online before putting yourself through the torture of their phone support...

Sent mine off recently and it was back to me just under a week later, so their turnaround seems to have improved recently :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

tman wrote: »
    You don't need any kind of receipt, just the serial number of your 360 (white label on the back of it)
    From my experience, you're better off trying to do it online before putting yourself through the torture of their phone support...

Sent mine off recently and it was back to me just under a week later, so their turnaround seems to have improved recently :)
    when i rang them last week i did not have to wait at all.mine was picked up today so i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Lads, just got RROD. Trying to register my xbox but I keep getting the following message "First correct the following errors and click submit"....even though it doesn't tell me what the error is?! I have put 000000 in for post code. Any ideas?

Finally got registered but now its telling me my warranty status is Expired!! I only bought it last July??? Will I have to pay for repair now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

what's the production date? it still should say that it is under 3 years RROD warranty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 HitmanSB07

i'm getting an elite in a few days and i was wondering,what do you get with it exactly?i'm getting it in smiths toy store.also,if it is not a jasper model how will i know and what can i do if it's not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

I sent mine off last friday, got an email this morning saying its at the service centre, went to check to status again later and now it says:

• Repair Status: No pending repair
    :confused:

What?

Shouldnt it say fixed or dispatched or somehing, i dont like this. Please God dont say i have to ring the helpline again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

I'm just wondering if I'm still covered?,it says online that my Standard Warranty Expired,11/23/2007

Perrin wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if I'm still covered?,it says online that my Standard Warranty Expired,11/23/2007
    When did you buy the console?
    You should have 3 years after the day you bought it for RRODs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Plasmoid

My Elite (Sept 2007) red ringed an i returned it.

Had to call support to because the website gave me an error. Apparently it autodected me as being in Cork City, County Connaught.

UPS arrived the next day with the labels and the got it back to me after 2 weeks. And the driver called me, so i now love UPS.

According to the thingy in with my console my dvd drive was faulty and, shock horror, had to replaced with a new unflashable dvd drive. Sneaky.

Looks like i got 2 big ass fans just inside the rear of my 360 now, and its a little noiser.... bah!

docentore wrote: »
    what's the production date? it still should say that it is under 3 years RROD warranty

It's an 07 production date so it's still covered TBG.

Rang em today and got the labels for UPS emailed to me cos your man told me it wouldn't recognise my address or something.
    What kinda box did ye use to put the labels on and xbox into?
    I thought they'd supply that too :-( I'm struggling to find a box that fits :mad:

Another question I have is whether my xbox will be guaranteed from the day it's fixed or still from the production date?

Plasmoid wrote: »
    My Elite (Sept 2007) red ringed an i returned it.

Had to call support to because the website gave me an error. Apparently it autodected me as being in Cork City, County Connaught.

Had the same problem today with county Cork. When I registered it registered as County Connaught! Stupid Microsoft!! :)

The page updated now and i have a ups tracking number that doesnt work. Is this normal? will it become active later or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Niall0 wrote: »
    The page updated now and i have a ups tracking number that doesnt work. Is this normal? will it become active later or something?
    Yeah that's normal, it took a few hours (possibly a day) to update.

So I got my 360 back from MS and I was playing for about 5 minutes and I got the 3 Red Rings again but it seems to be working now. I was so annoyed.

My problem is with the power supply, apparently. I have the 3 red lights and the orange light on the power supply unit. I am supposed to send my power supply to the Czech Republic, when they receive it they will send a new one to me.

Does anyone know the address of the Czech Republic centre? I wrote down when he was calling out on the phone but I was in a rush and I want to be sure that it's correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭HighWire

What the h*ll is going on ?
    According to the MS site my Xbox is fixed and gave me a UPS number.
    So had a look to see if it left Germany.
    Left Frankfurt yesterday and went to................Brussels.
    Then left Brussels this morning and went to............Barking in the UK
    Can they not go Germany->Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

HighWire wrote: »
    What the h*ll is going on ?
    According to the MS site my Xbox is fixed and gave me a UPS number.
    So had a look to see if it left Germany.
    Left Frankfurt yesterday and went to................Brussels.
    Then left Brussels this morning and went to............Barking in the UK
    Can they not go Germany->Ireland?
    That's what happened to mine too.

ronrar wrote: »
    My problem is with the power supply, apparently. I have the 3 red lights and the orange light on the power supply unit. I am supposed to send my power supply to the Czech Republic, when they receive it they will send a new one to me.

Does anyone know the address of the Czech Republic centre? I wrote down when he was calling out on the phone but I was in a rush and I want to be sure that it's correct.

Fcuk it. I'll just do it again through their site, it's working for me now.

I'm sure there is an easier way to do it than the guy on the phone said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

Niall0 wrote: »
    When did you buy the console?
    You should have 3 years after the day you bought it for RRODs.

It was got second hand so I dunno when it was bought but I thought if my
    standard warranty expired,11/23/2007 then I should be covered for the rrod till this november?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

Whats the story with the warranty and a replaced xbox?
    I bought the console at launch and have had one RRoD since then, just got another last night; does the warranty only cover me for 3 years since I originally bought it or does it get renewed since they replaced it?

I called MS support and they said it only covers from the time I bought it, not since they replaced it. He was a on the 'dopy' side, so I'm not really inclined to take his word for it.
    Anybody have experience of one way or the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Lads i have a fairly old broken rrod xbox at home, its about four years old i think? My brother didn't bother getting it replaced and bought a new one, Anyway i have moved out from home and was wondering if i could get the old xbox refurbished for free or would i have to pay now?

Whats the story with the warranty and a replaced xbox?
    I bought the console at launch and have had one RRoD since then, just got another last night; does the warranty only cover me for 3 years since I originally bought it or does it get renewed since they replaced it?

I called MS support and they said it only covers from the time I bought it, not since they replaced it. He was a on the 'dopy' side, so I'm not really inclined to take his word for it.
    Anybody have experience of one way or the other?
    When i sent mine back to get fixed a few weeks ago they said i should get another 12 months warranty when i get it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I got this last night 3 rings, so i switched it of, and did a few other thing's...

when the xbox360 is off the power supply light is orange
    when I switch it of the the power supply light, is green.

Its been made in 2005 and has been back before with I think the same problem I buaght it off a mate who went travelling, so I have no receipt for it :(...
    Its got two big fans in the back, any one no weather i phone Microsoft or what ?

I got this last night 3 rings, so i switched it of, and did a few other thing's...

when the xbox360 is off the power supply light is orange
    when I switch it of the the power supply light, is green.

Its been made in 2005 and has been back before with I think the same problem I buaght it off a mate who went travelling, so I have no receipt for it :(...
    Its got two big fans in the back, any one no weather i phone Microsoft or what ?
    Give them a ring i just got my xbox back today (took less than 2 weeks) you shouldnt need a receipt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 TheMeatMan

i sent mine away last thursday (6th time my elite broke) i got it back this afternoon. speedy or wha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Hey lads,

My bro's xbox just got the 3 red lights. Its within 3 years of purchase so it should be covered by the warranty, but about a year ago the hard drive went and had to be replaced (as it was out of warranty at this time also he had it repaired privately and so the security sticker is gone).

Technically this voids the warranty, but what are his chances of microsoft repairing it under the extended warranty?

Seems a bit silly that if anything else went wrong between the end of the original warranty and the end of the extended one that you should not be able to avail of it...

Cheers,
    Cionád

TheMeatMan wrote: »
    i sent mine away last thursday (6th time my elite broke) i got it back this afternoon. speedy or wha :D

That was quick...mine was collected Monday morning but only arrived today so I doubt I'll have it back Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Cionád wrote: »
    Hey lads,

My bro's xbox just got the 3 red lights. Its within 3 years of purchase so it should be covered by the warranty, but about a year ago the hard drive went and had to be replaced (as it was out of warranty at this time also he had it repaired privately and so the security sticker is gone).

Technically this voids the warranty, but what are his chances of microsoft repairing it under the extended warranty?

Seems a bit silly that if anything else went wrong between the end of the original warranty and the end of the extended one that you should not be able to avail of it...

Cheers,
    Cionád

If I understand it right the seal is gone from the Hard drive, not the console. Is that right? Then just take off the hard drive before sending off and you're ok!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 TheMeatMan

Reganovski wrote: »
    That was quick...mine was collected Monday morning but only arrived today so I doubt I'll have it back Monday!

id say it was just a once off because the last couple of times i was waiting nearly a month!

Advertisement