Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 - 3 Red Lights

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭madheaded

The turn aorund is after improving in the last while i sent mine back last thursday evening it arrived in germany tuesday was fixed yesterday and is on its way back to me now should have it tuesday i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

docentore wrote: »
    If I understand it right the seal is gone from the Hard drive, not the console. Is that right? Then just take off the hard drive before sending off and you're ok!

Actually, no it was the dvd drive that went, not the HD, so the seal is gone on the console...

Registered for the repair so gonna ship it off and hope for the best...

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

trying to register my console online for repair, wont seem to accept it, think its the postcode thats going wrong, what do you put in?

EDIT**

called them direct, very good support agent dealt with, should have put in NA

wheres the best place to get a box to pack the xbox?

and should you take out the hard drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

LanceStorm wrote: »

Shoe shop ;)

Yes, you need to take out the hard drive. Just send the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

And now I can add mine to the list. It's served me well for 2 years and 8 months so at least it's still covered.

I had to phone them as it wouldn't accept my online attempt but they were grand. Is there any way to know when the courier will collect it? I've stuck down my work address so it should be handy enough no matter what day but I'd like to have some idea.

Also, how long does it generally take to have the label emailed out?

Thanks for any advice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

i'm posting here to put the blink on my box

the first time i posted in this thread (way back, approx 2 years ago) i can vaguely remember saying that my 1year+ old box was perfect and of course it was stricken with the RRoD inside a week of the post.

now, i'll have my box 3 years this november. it has been repaired for RRoD twice (motherboard done both times), it's been pretty consistant in it's RRoD intervals so it's overdue another a while now.

my issue is that i can feel the 3 year deadline getting ever closer. it will RRoD again, it's just a matter of time. i won't be accepting anything other than a replacement this time. i've got a 4 month window for it to die.

please, please give me the blink.

i'm gonna hit the button now, hopefully i see the 3 red lights. . .

AH NUTS. . .the waiting games continue. . .an all day session of Horde, anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Niall0 wrote: »
    Give them a ring i just got my xbox back today (took less than 2 weeks) you shouldnt need a receipt.

awesome...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Well, xbox has finally bitten the bullet.

Can't remember when my brother got it, christmas of some year. Might have been christmas 2009. It crashed twice today playing prototype, after the second time I got the 3 red rings.

I will ring microsoft tomorrow, seeing as it will most likely outside the 3 year period, is it worth my while pleading with them and saying that "by your estimates it was more than likely going to happen at some point, why should I pay because it was 7 months overdue?", or will Bill Gates laugh at me from his throne of skulls?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ive been away so i only got my hands on the returned xbox today. No HDMI port on it. The last 5 digits of the serial number are 91905. Is it a Jasper model?

I sent it off without a faceplate on and they gave me a new faceplate!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Looks like mine is on its way back even thought the UPS number doesn't seem to be working.
    My guarantee has now changed to 18/10/09.....any idea why? Thought it was 12 months or so guarantee after it has been repaired?!

• Advertisement

Reganovski wrote: »
    Looks like mine is on its way back even thought the UPS number doesn't seem to be working.
    My guarantee has now changed to 18/10/09.....any idea why? Thought it was 12 months or so guarantee after it has been repaired?!

It is 3 months guarantee for everything else, like drive or something, after that its back to 3 years for rrod.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

LanceStorm wrote: »

I sent it back in a Nintendo Wii box :p

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Jev/N wrote: »
    I sent it back in a Nintendo Wii box :p

Cheeky, i like it!!
    Manged to get one of the boxes gamestop use when they sell on consoles!!
    Wonder if UPS will call before they arrive, only at home till 11, maybe he'l come to work n pick it up seen as is only 5 mins away??

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

docentore wrote: »
    It is 3 months guarantee for everything else, like drive or something, after that its back to 3 years for rrod.

The 3 year guarantee for the RRoD is only from the time you purchased the original console, not from when you get the replacement.

The 3 year guarantee for the RRoD is only from the time you purchased the original console, not from when you get the replacement.

sorry I didn't express myself crearly but that what I meant by saying "back to 3 years warranty". ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Mine has just packed up again. Is this still confirmed to be the case - 3 years from purchase, irrespective if its been repaired once (or more) times already?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Turns out my xbox was manufactered on the 11th of october 2006, has rrod does this mean i am covered by the extended tired year warrenty? Console was registered but i have no idea what my log in details are *face palm*. Also can you just drop it into gamestop to get them to sort a replacement?

zero19 wrote: »
    Turns out my xbox was manufactered on the 11th of october 2006, has rrod does this mean i am covered by the extended tired year warrenty? Console was registered but i have no idea what my log in details are *face palm*. Also can you just drop it into gamestop to get them to sort a replacement?

lets see:
    11/10/2006 + 3 years = ???

You have to sort out by yourself, might be worth ringing MS maybe they can help you with the login stuff.
    GameStop wouldn't do anything like that

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭saffron22

I got onto them 2 weeks ago. They sent out a courier to my door who collected it and when they couldn't get it repaired they sent me a new console which arrived yesterday and is working perfectly. Just take off your power supplies etc and hard drive before you send it to them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I have to say, since getting my xbox back its VERY quiet! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Just a quick cheer. Phone call from UPS today, I shall bee getting my 360 back tomorrow.

I must admit the turnaround was unsettling quick.

I sent it off friday 2 weeks ago and I would have got it today iif I wasnt at work today and tomorrow :(

so just under a fortnight. I hope they havnt refused to fix it and sent it straight back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

got mine back yesterday 2 weeks on the dot.new console

Mine is due back tomorrow....it was picked up last Monday week.
    I never removed my hard drive....are you suppose to?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I did. And it says your meant to.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

Reganovski wrote: »
    Mine is due back tomorrow....it was picked up last Monday week.
    I never removed my hard drive....are you suppose to?

You are meant to yes!
    Although my friend sent his in with a custom faceplate recently, and to both our surprise, they sent it back to him with the replacement console.
    Mine has just packed up again. Is this still confirmed to be the case - 3 years from purchase, irrespective if its been repaired once (or more) times already?

Yup I had several people at MS support confirm this for me (I didnt believe the first agent :pac: ).
    Although, I was told (again by MS support themselves) if the console is repaired twice for the same thing; then on the third time they will repair it for free even if it's outside the warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

Looking good for me so far. Box was picked up on Monday afternoon and I see from there website that it's now back in the hands of UPS. I may be back up and running this time next week!

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I did. And it says your meant to.

Ops, the customer service guy never told me that :( I hope it will be alright....
    Anyways, mine arrived yesterday but there was noone at home so I now have to wait till Monday :( :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I have my xbox about 10 months now. My brother used it yesterday and said the red rings appeared. He said he unplugged it and tried to switch it back on again, and the red ring appeared again. I just tried it and the xbox switched on grand.

Should I be worried. What can I do? Can I contact MS and ask about getting it fixed even if it hasnt fully stopped operating from the red rings?

GBX wrote: »
    I have my xbox about 10 months now. My brother used it yesterday and said the red rings appeared. He said he unplugged it and tried to switch it back on again, and the red ring appeared again. I just tried it and the xbox switched on grand.

Should I be worried. What can I do? Can I contact MS and ask about getting it fixed even if it hasnt fully stopped operating from the red rings?

Assuming it was 3 red rings, then yeah it does that for a day or 2 before going completely.

• Advertisement

My launch-day 360 has finally succumbed to RROD :(

Guess it did pretty well to last over 3 years, based on some of the stories here. So obviously its out of any warranty, extended or otherwise. So I see my options as :

1. Microsoft repair - is that the 91 euro option?
    2. Get fixed by console repairs in bray - anyone any experience with them?
    3. Get a new Xbox Arcade and lash my old HD onto it

Self-fixing is not really an option, I am not good at that kind of thing!

Any advice?

Advertisement