Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 - 3 Red Lights

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭MrJetlag

Well my Xbox 360 died this morning with 3 RROD

Playing last night screen froze and went checkered

Then at boot up froze

Then managed to boot and when i put in a disk stayed at open tray then froze checkered

Then 3 RROD. DEAD

Its covered by warranty and MS are going to ship it to Frankfurt for repair

Problem is its an NTSC model and if they cant fix it they'll ship me a new PAL unit

This scenario sucks as i have a lot of games that will probably end up useless

Im thinking trade in for a new PS3 and ditching the games on Ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Quilly

anyone know the Irish support number that works, 20 mins of waiting on that +35312420758 is getting me no where

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭MrJetlag

Quilly wrote: »
    anyone know the Irish support number that works, 20 mins of waiting on that +35312420758 is getting me no where

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/support/contact/

1 800 509 186

Got through str8 away

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Got an e74 error on my console. It's manufacture date is back in april 06 but I think I bought it later. Trying to register it online to see my warranty (and chances) but they don't seem to be sending me my confirmation email. Did anyone elses take time?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Mikebyrne

I can fix all RROD errors and repair the console. Anyone interested just PM me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Can someone post the username of the regular user who fixes red rings? Think he was in Wexford or Wicklow or maybe Dublin. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

:(

RROD'ed on Thursday. Reg'ed it today, waiting on email from M$ now.

Thought their customer service was impeccable though, couldn't be nicer. Even threw in a few months Gold Live as well, can't remember how many offhand.

I wasn't too annoyed, was expecting it sometime soon, but herself (who got the Xbox for me for Chrimbo 07) was very ticked off, lots of F'ing and nastiness.

I was just sticking on a DVD, it had just started, there was a bit of a crack and sizzle, stall, RROD 3 lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 karro

I can fix all error on any console. repairs in cork. pm me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 trojan Fury

My xbox is showing one red ring, looked the issue up online, it says that its a general hardware failure. Is this covered by Mircosoft warrenty the console is a year and a half old

no. is one year warranty for xbox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

whats your error code?

maybe he have e74 "general hardware failure"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

exactly, which is covered by the 3 year extended warranty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Joker?

bought my xbox from gamestop a year ago, got the 3 red rings, on my ****ty lcd tv, then plugged it into my hd tv and it showed which error it was, e64, so i looked it up...was no easy fix and i didnt want to go down the microsoft route cus well you know there slow and you hve to pay p&p, so i went into gamestop with the hole bundle i bought, and they exchanged it no questions asked, for a new xbox with 60gb memory (my broken one had 20) all the accesorys you usually get, pro evo soccer...crap but bleh resident evil :eek: and 2000 microsoft points ,,,,, soundest people ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

My Xbox 360 just died. Cause: The red ring of death.

I noticed after the Xbox update on the 11th it had been freezing up if I left it unattended for a while. I thought this was a glitch in the update and it happened again today. When I rebooted it, it gave up the ghost.

karro wrote: »
    maybe he have e74 "general hardware failure"

Yup it was E74, its also covered by the 3 year warrenty, just towelled my box and got it working again temporarily and traded it in for a new Xbox 120GB sweet:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Yup it was E74, its also covered by the 3 year warrenty, just towelled my box and got it working again temporarily and traded it in for a new Xbox 120GB sweet:D

And someone will buy your broken xbox. Excellent!

Wish you will drop your new xbox in the car park and the 14-axle truck will drive over it!

docentore wrote: »
    And someone will buy your broken xbox. Excellent!

Wish you will drop your new xbox in the car park and the 14-axle truck will drive over it!

Haha; Hope your xbox gets the same error code and then you can do the samething i did. And don't say you wouldn't because you would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Haha; Hope your xbox gets the same error code and then you can do the samething i did. And don't say you wouldn't because you would.

you could send it to m$ and they would repair it for free.

and believe, I wouldn't. Not all people in the world are fraud like you

docentore wrote: »
    you could send it to m$ and they would repair it for free.

and believe, I wouldn't. Not all people in the world are fraud like you

haha good for you! here have a cookie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

Anyone have a contact number that works for these muppets, tried all the ones on CONTACTS to no avail.
    Anyone manage to find the "request a new repair" link cause I'm fooked if I can find it. 3rd time it has broke.

Device Information
    • Device: Xbox360 Hardware
    • Serial Number: ***************
    • Warranty Status: Standard Warranty Expired
    • Repair Status: No pending repair

Standard Warranty Expired: A three-year warranty applies to conditions indicated by three red lights. Please click "request a new repair" to proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Nice trojan, lets f**k someone else over. Why didn't you just send it back to Microsoft, and get a repair/replace?

:mad::mad::mad:

Good news though, mines on the way back already.

They received it yesterday, and its being shipped back today, hopefully have it back for Friday/Monday. Coupling that with my shiny new internet, I will be the l33t [EMAIL="g@m3r"]g@m3r[/EMAIL] b0i any time now, or something like that.

Thrilled, things working out, internet today, bargain router tomorrow, seXbox back Friday/Monday, yes yes.

:cool:

Edit: Smithzer call them on the 01 number, should get you straight through. Although I found the website has a glitch, that doesn't show the Get New Repair button, which I told them.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

Cheers I sent them a mail save on the phone bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

My Xbox 360 just died. Cause: The red ring of death.

I noticed after the Xbox update on the 11th it had been freezing up if I left it unattended for a while. I thought this was a glitch in the update and it happened again today. When I rebooted it, it gave up the ghost.

Exact same thing happened to me :mad: It was definitely something to do with the update, as it happened about 15min after the update was applied. Joke! My xbox is out of warranty aswell.. over 3 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

This is a great thread. I've been referring to it as my Xbox has just red-ringed. It started freezing maybe 2 months ago, when playing Rock Band 2. I never really have marathon sessions but maybe once a week we'd play it for 8 hours straight! I bought my Xbox 22 months ago. Surprised that my Xbox went before my friends', which he bought when it first came out in 2005.

It crashed a few times with Dead Space so I installed it to the HDD, and it was fine, until today, it just crashed and that was that. Really annoyed.

For anyone else that is starting to give up their 360 for repair....

I rang 1800509186 and told them my problem. He said they don't do over the phone send backs, it's all over the internet. So much for customer service!

They asked :
      • Name
      • Is there 3 red rings
      • What colour is the power supply light? (Mine was orange when plugged in, green when Xbox on & red rings)
      • Go to Xbox.com (+/- register, order repair)

I registered my Xbox at Xbox.com, which includes looking at the back of your Xbox for the Serial Number. You don't get a choice, they e-mail you the labels, and i reckon you have to find a box AND send it yourself! WTF!

Then went to https://service.xbox.com/servicehome.aspx?mkt=en-ie

Under "Manage registered devices (select one below)" it has
      Xbox360 Hardware (SN: ************). Click on that. On the right hand side, click "Request a new repair". It'll ask you to describe what happened in less than 500 characters, and separately, was the Error 74 or the 3 red rings.

Then click submit and it'll give you a "receipt" that you can print out if you like. NOTE THE Order Repair number!

So, order of events :
      July-August 09 - 360 stars crashing sometimes
      Aug 27 - 3 Red Rings for the first time
      Aug 28 - try out Xbox, actually working again
      Aug 29 - Red Ringed completely, register with Xbox and order repair.

So I'm at Stage 1 of getting my Xbox repaired :
      Stage 1 : Request Repair
      Stage 2 : Receive instructions on sending Xbox out/Sending Xbox off for repair
      Stage 3 : Xbox centre has it and are repairing it
      Stage 4 : Xbox repaired and sent back

I'll keep you guys updated about how it goes...I'm guessing Saturday afternoon is the worst time to crash! (well, maybe Friday night of a bank holiday monday!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 deniro

my sons xbox 360 got the 3 red lights two days ago,so i looked up all the tutorial videos i could find and,being quite good with my hands,set about stripping it down (the console is just outside its warranty,so i had nothing to lose).i found that most of the tutorials were just quick fixes,but went with the one i thought made the most sense.it took me approx one hour to get the console back to a state where i could test it.i spent 9 euros on materials needed.i got it back to the green lights (to the delight of my son) and had him test it for the entire day to make sure the heat wouldnt affect it as it did before.he's still playing it now so it thought i would let you all know that a fix is possible.if anyone wants instructions (and believe me,anyone can do it) just let me know...hope this brings help to any distraught gamers in cold turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Bill_Le_Viking

i've used the towel method before, it does work! And sure it can be temporary but ten again a repair from microsoft doesnt mean it'll last forever either. The towel trick can work for ages or a day

yes i know the towel method works,but like i said,a temporary solution,i reasoned out(with the help of scouring the different sites) what was causing the problem in the first place and so did a repair that would be permanent.when you think about it,having paid so much money for your console,its ridiculous that you should have to do this!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Thanks for the story of hope, deniro! Yes, I'd be interested in finding out what you've done, as I don't want to wait 3 weeks to get my Xbox back. I just finished exams and start next year in college in 4 weeks so it's really scuppered my plans!

My Xbox is just within the 3 year warranty but if this option seems viable i'll do it myself!

Do you have a link to the video you used? Could you tell me what tools you needed to buy?

Thanks, Jay

• Advertisement

did u get my pm jaykhunter?

Advertisement