Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 - 3 Red Lights

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭peejay01

Hi guys,

Just joined the RROD club last night! Have had my 360 for nearly 4 years now so was just wondering has anyone here got one this old repaired by microsoft even though the warranty for RROD is only 3 years??

Am I going to get to screwed for a repair here? :confused:Would I just be better off going out and buying a new model?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭peejay01

Tried to submit a repair request online but I got an error so I decided to call the help line.

Gave them all the necessary details and they said a courier will be coming to pick up the unit in 2 working days and have it sent off for repair or replacement if it cant be repaired, free of charge.

The guy never mentioned that it was past the 3 year warranty.

Hope it all goes to plan now!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

My xbox is around 4 years old and I rang up the support line last week to chance my arm and the chap on the phone said mine was in warranty..

Donno how but i didnt argue.

Give them a buzz and just say your checking to see if your gonna be charged..

Worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

I sent my broken elite off last Monday 2/11. Microsoft received it on the Friday and it looks like it's being shipped today. Pretty quick turnaround so I'm happy enough. Might pick up MW2 this week after all...

Fingers crossed I get a new console rather than a refurb. I noticed that the console serial number changed when I logged in today so looks like I'm not getting the same one back.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

UPS collected my Elite before lunch there. Only had it for 14 months and got RROD last Thursday. Some balls with Modern Warfare 2 out now.

Hoping for a new console also instead of a refurb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

got mw2 today ......was delighted being off school.....played it for about 2 hours and BOOM ...the 3 red lights...

felt like crying...

had my xbox only since last christmas too...faulty piece of ****....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just got my sons 360 back today [well they replaced it with a new one :)]
    It only took nine working days as i shipped it off Monday last week.
    Pretty happy with the way MS replaced the console plus they gave 30 days to xbox live gold.
    Just had a quick game of MW2 with the two of us in a party was great craic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ninjaBob

I've tried Request a New Repair online, but I get an error message. It then gives me the contact details for the supportlines:
    A problem occurred, and your request cannot be completed.
    Please contact support to complete your request.

For further help, please contact a support representative.

Hours of Operation:
    Monday-Friday: 09:00-22:00Saturday: 09:00-20:00Sunday: 09:00-17:00

# Call 1 800 509 186
    # Mobile phone, call 353 12420758
    # Hearing Impaired (TTY):1 800 509 197

I've been calling the numbers all day but can't get through. Has anyone else encountered ths issue or managed to get through to support?

ninjabob its hard to make out what shes saying on the phone but theres a women saying the lines are extremely busy or down or somehting like that, be patient and you'll get through :)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

can anyone help me there is one red light on my x box and error 74 is on the screen any advice ?

• Advertisement

deise48 one red light means a general hardware failure, im not actually sure exactly what it means but its somewhat similar to 3red lights......

you're gonna have to send it to microsoft for repair.

ring them up and give them your details , they will send you postage stamps which you stick on the box you want to send your xbox away in. along with the stamps is a number for fedex. ring them and theyll take it away for free.

xbox support number is 1800 509 186

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭robbie brazel

JUST GOT THE RROD WHAT SHALL I DO I AMENT SURE IF I STILL HAVE THE RECIPT EVEN IF I DO WILL THEY TAKE IT BACK

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ring the number above,tell them the serial number and they will tell you if its in warranty or not.
    No need for receipt.

how do i know the serial number

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

how do i know the serial number

Its printed on the back of the xbox, over the barcode, ring them give them the serial number tell them the light is green on the power supply and that the 3 red lights are flashing on the front and they will put through the repair order, get them to email the labels and got a box (not the original packaging) take out any games in it and remove the harddrive, wrap it in bubble wrap or papers if you don't have bubblewrap and pack it in the box, print off the labels and attach to box ring UPS to arrange collection

xbox360sn_Full.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

random question..

i submitted the repair req etc with home address. i rang and got them to arrange pickup instead from work. will they ship it back there or to home address i originally signed up as?

just wiondered if anyone has done same? top boffins are working on it as we speak... xbox-less weekends suck!! :)

random question..

i submitted the repair req etc with home address. i rang and got them to arrange pickup instead from work. will they ship it back there or to home address i originally signed up as?

just wiondered if anyone has done same? top boffins are working on it as we speak... xbox-less weekends suck!! :)

I'd say it will probably hit your home address, if you need it to go to your workplace, when you get the mail to say your xbox has been dispatched, it should give you a UPS tracking number, you could ring them and ask to deliver to your place of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

I got the e74 today, but when i have it on without the av cable in it doesnt come up the e74 :S
    Does that mean only the cable is dodgy ?

ring microsoft , google it or youtube it.

is there anyplace in dublin that can fix he red rings

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Whats the turnaround time for RROD repair? ~2 weeks I see from reading back thru posts, not too bad.

I've been told that my first gen elite has gone tits up :(

ffs, stupid xbox.com support section - it looks like it's accepting my info but it doesn't save my personal info or my console info :(

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

ok my xbox got the FOUR red rings... apparantly that means its f*cked beyond repair at that stage. i tried getting it repaired through xbox's website but it just kept saying error. its out of warranty anyways but i just did the towel trick and now its working just fine! so far ive seen it with one, two, three and four lights... i dont know how its still working. but it is! :D

ok my xbox got the FOUR red rings... apparantly that means its f*cked beyond repair at that stage. i tried getting it repaired through xbox's website but it just kept saying error. its out of warranty anyways but i just did the towel trick and now its working just fine! so far ive seen it with one, two, three and four lights... i dont know how its still working. but it is! :D

your luck will run out eventually.:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Got mine back today, a new one, July 09 build, no hdmi (awww)

It won't play xvids or avis anymore!(http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63077729#post63077729)

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    your luck will run out eventually.:D:D:D:D:D

yup! just did! now when i turn it on i dont even get an red or green lights. the on/off symbol turns green but none of the surrounding lights turn on... anyone any ideas what that means? xbox themselves seem pretty stumped :rolleyes::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

nuts currently on hold with the support line. my xbox isnt displaying the picture but is throwing out audio and it definitely isnt a cable issue or a TV issue. id say the lad on the phone is struggling to come up with the answer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

oh goody apparently it will cost 81 pounds for me to post it away for repair. i reckon ill be buying a xbox arcade for chrimbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I'm a new member of the 3 ring club as of half an hour ago and I was wondering will I get the labels to ship off my xbox quicker if I fill in the repair request form online now or wait until tomorrow to ring them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I bought a RRoD xbox off ebay there - checked it all out with the seller that they didn't open it, mod it, get it banned off live etc etc so if they lied to me I'll just claim it back off Paypal - I wonder if MS will repair it because it's Manufactured in June 2006. The guy says he's selling it because he got a newer model and it's been back for RRoD repair once before..

If MS don't want to deal with me I think I'll crack it open and give it the cpu/gpu repasting treatment and take it from there - is there anybody here who can do RRoD repairs without having to return the xbox to MS?

And yes, I am cheap :D

• Advertisement

I bought a RRoD xbox off ebay there - checked it all out with the seller that they didn't open it, mod it, get it banned off live etc etc so if they lied to me I'll just claim it back off Paypal - I wonder if MS will repair it because it's Manufactured in June 2006. The guy says he's selling it because he got a newer model and it's been back for RRoD repair once before..

If MS don't want to deal with me I think I'll crack it open and give it the cpu/gpu repasting treatment and take it from there - is there anybody here who can do RRoD repairs without having to return the xbox to MS?

And yes, I am cheap :D

Sounds like the guy on ebay had sent it in to Microsoft to be fixed before so it will be registered under his name, you will need to get it re-registered under your name before you can do anything, so contact the seller and ask him to either ring Microsoft and get the console transferred to your name or email on his details to you and you can try and change it with Microsoft, I would give it a week or two after re-registering it as Microsoft might smell a rat if you claim a repair the minute you register it in your name.

Advertisement