Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 - 3 Red Lights

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

did u keep the tracing reference thats on the email that they send u.
    you can sign up to ups and log the tracking number.mineis in the repair center they collected it last friday was there on tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

My Xbox was also picked up on Monday and according to the UPS website it is scheduled to arrive at the MS repair centre tomorrow, 5th February.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

About 4 working days each way, it's just standard UPS Parcel shipping, not 2 day express ;)

My Xbox was delivered to MS on Friday the 5th but they didn't get to it until today, the 8th. I woke up to find that "they had received my device" and then around 6pm or so the status changed to "Device shipped to customer - Your console has been repaired or replaced. We are shipping it back to you."

They gave me the new UPS tracking code but it's not working at the moment but I'll give it a day before I start worrying.

Also, the fact that my Xbox was "repaired" so quickly could only mean two things, right?

1) They're sending it straight back because there's a problem

or

2) They just sent me a new console

My Xbox was delivered to MS on Friday the 5th but they didn't get to it until today, the 8th. I woke up to find that "they had received my device" and then around 6pm or so the status changed to "Device shipped to customer - Your console has been repaired or replaced. We are shipping it back to you."

They gave me the new UPS tracking code but it's not working at the moment but I'll give it a day before I start worrying.

Also, the fact that my Xbox was "repaired" so quickly could only mean two things, right?

or

No, repair only takes a day anyways, no matter if it gets thrown on a pile and you get a refurb or they swap the clamps.

Your code won't work because pickup isn't until around 8pm in the evening and it needs an hour or two to update. Tomorrow you'll see it works ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

I think theres a trip coming on for my auld 360 in the next few weeks....drive wont read games first 3-10 times :/ Oh well atleast im still under warranty :) and i can still play if i want to... Might consider selling it after its repaired

What's with all the nerd's who can't stand to face 2-3 weeks without there Xbox....That is pretty Sad!! I'm sure you can find something else to do :roll:

I actully remember when i was addicted to the Xbox.....Was horrible!! Spent hour's on it and couldn't believe it stoped working! Didn't know what to do when i sent it away ha how sad!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Does anyone know the gamestop policy for Xbox return in the 1 year warranty they offer?

My xbox has stopped reading disks and was told over the phone to bring the console into the store but when I did this they told me to contact microsoft instead and bring the console back with the return number.

Any help greatly appreciated.

smk89 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the gamestop policy for Xbox return in the 1 year warranty they offer?

My xbox has stopped reading disks and was told over the phone to bring the console into the store but when I did this they told me to contact microsoft instead and bring the console back with the return number.

Any help greatly appreciated.

This is a question for the "consumer issues" forum tbh (Biz->Consumer->Consumer Issues).

You can return the console, but if Gamestop put their foot down it could be a lengthy thing to make them take it. You could just be better off getting a new DVD drive off Microsoft (free repair within 2 years or so I'm led to believe).

@SmartlyDressed: A way to find out if you've got a refurb is a quick check on the serial number they will have assigned to your account by now. They are probably still in the 91xxxxx or 92xxxxx, pretty sure if you got one of those it's a refurb. Another thing is obviously if it doesn't match what you sent in then you got a refurb ;)

mine has arrived in dublin hope to have it late thursday friday moring.will they ring to let me no so i can be at home when they call??

They never called me tbh, they could call if you're not there but most likely they'll leave a notice of failed delivery attempt.

You can call them and ask them to drop the package to a place of work if that helps.

• Advertisement

i got it to day which is great is a new one as well and 1month free xbox live.it only took 7 days including the wekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭cole9

Hi

I have a RROD problem with my xbox. However I have checked and my console is no longer covered by the warranty. Does anyone know somewhere or someone that can repair my Xbox? I am in Dublin city centre. ALso if you could tell me what the standard price for such a repair is, that would be great.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

One time I got one red light and I paniced...

I feared the worst...

But I just turned it off and reconnected all the connections..

Worked fine...

Phew :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

cole9 wrote: »
    Hi

I have a RROD problem with my xbox. However I have checked and my console is no longer covered by the warranty. Does anyone know somewhere or someone that can repair my Xbox? I am in Dublin city centre. ALso if you could tell me what the standard price for such a repair is, that would be great.

Thanks

Theres a place out in Bray, they fix xbox360s and PS3s and stuff...

Maybe give them a go..?

My Xbox arrived in Dublin today but I got this message:

"The address is in a remote area and deliveries are not made daily / delivery rescheduled."

Anyone know how much of a delay this is likely to cause? I mean, it's not like I live on a desert island. I hear they give it to a sub-contractor but there's no guarantee of when it might arrive and could be another couple of weeks.

cole9 wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks

How did you check? Did you call Microsoft to check or are you just counting on 3 years from the date on the back? Call Microsoft to make absolutely 100% sure you're out of warranty if you havn't done so. Then come back and take it from there ;)

"The address is in a remote area and deliveries are not made daily / delivery rescheduled."

Anyone know how much of a delay this is likely to cause? I mean, it's not like I live on a desert island. I hear they give it to a sub-contractor but there's no guarantee of when it might arrive and could be another couple of weeks.

Nice :( Call UPS and ask, have your tracking number ready. 1890 99 55 00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

or

How do i get this, on xbox.com it says its been shipped back to me, but the original UPS code doesnt work anymore, and I havnt got an email about a new code yet? What do I do?

It's on the progress page after you log into xbox.com .... the page where you see your repair progress

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Got RROD today (troubleshhoted and found out it is the power supply). I'm still under warranty. However I worried about UPS- they're so crap. When I signed up for the upgrade offer to get a harddrive, UPS sent mine to Waterford when I'm from a totally different county. They totally messed up my address. I contacted them, they said contact Microsoft and vice versa. Got it about 3 weeks later thanks to An Post! Has this happened to anyone before?

kaji wrote: »
    Got RROD today (troubleshhoted and found out it is the power supply). I'm still under warranty. However I worried about UPS- they're so crap. When I signed up for the upgrade offer to get a harddrive, UPS sent mine to Waterford when I'm from a totally different county. They totally messed up my address. I contacted them, they said contact Microsoft and vice versa. Got it about 3 weeks later thanks to An Post! Has this happened to anyone before?

Yes, this is possible, they put me in Kerry even though I nato alphabet'd my actual county so my first set of shipping labels never got to me.

Before you send it back, log in to xbox.com support with your email address & password associated with your gamertag. Your console should appear under "Manage Devices" heading. If it doesn't, go ahead and add it using the link. Enter your contact details properly.

If the device is there already, look for a link for editing or changing your contact details. Ensure all details are correct, including county. Then request your repair online or call them. They can't mess it up if you've not let them put your address in themselves :D

• Advertisement

Just got my Xbox back. It's the same unit.

And guess what.. it doesn't work. Just turned it on and the red rings are flashing. Don't they test it after "repairing" it??

Update: It appears to be working now but the fact that I initially got the 3 RRoD the first time I turned it on surely indicates it's only half fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

yes its only half fixed if you can even call it that - they obviously don't fix them.

the only solution to this is to take your griveance with the RETAILER seriously I got legal advice on this and after wrangling with game got satisfaction (although too late since I had already sold the god damn broken box)

If/When my next one goes kamblamoo you can be certain i'll take it back to the retailer whether in warranty or not. if no satisfaction I will be taking them to small claims court no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Quick question (that I'm sure I won't like the answer of!). But the lil bro had an original 360 (he's since bought an elite!).

Anyways the original red ringed and I was wondering would I still be able to call them up and get it collected? I think it was bought three years ago.

Cheers.

chin_grin wrote: »
    Quick question (that I'm sure I won't like the answer of!). But the lil bro had an original 360 (he's since bought an elite!).

Anyways the original red ringed and I was wondering would I still be able to call them up and get it collected? I think it was bought three years ago.

Cheers.

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭sexpot

My Xbox just got the RROD. What're the chances of getting an out of warranty fix if I kick up a fuss about not fit for purpose, common fault etc?

chin_grin wrote: »

Cheers.
    check through the xbox.com site cos i thought mine was out of warrenty untill i checked go throught all the steps and it will say if you need to pay to get it fixed or not

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Hey, purchased my Xbox in 2006 got RROD in 2007 , was repaired on 15/05/2007. Now it's 2010 and I've just gotten the RROD again - am I still covered through this 3 year warranty extension (should bring me up to 15/05/2010 surely?)

Don't have the original receipt though, it's been 4 years.. I'll prob just go buy a new one if I'm not covered.

My console didn't appear under devices and I tried to add one, says 'a problem occured' and asked me to phone them..weird.

edit: still covered under warranty, arranging collection this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Mark92

yeh i got that message too when mine was being repaired. it arrived 2 or 3 days after so i doubt there will be much delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

funkyflea wrote: »
    Hey, purchased my Xbox in 2006 got RROD in 2007 , was repaired on 15/05/2007. Now it's 2010 and I've just gotten the RROD again - am I still covered through this 3 year warranty extension (should bring me up to 15/05/2010 surely?)

Don't have the original receipt though, it's been 4 years.. I'll prob just go buy a new one if I'm not covered.

My console didn't appear under devices and I tried to add one, says 'a problem occured' and asked me to phone them..weird.

edit: still covered under warranty, arranging collection this week.

Hey, just wanted to ask you cos im in a similar situation myself. Just had the xbox fixed for rrod last year, but im worried that it will happen again with the hours im putting in on it at the moment. so is it for every console they repair you get another extended 3 years for rrod? i mean, thats the way it should be, but you know what ms can be like!

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭brk3

Guys can someone tell me what box you used to pack it for collection?

I asked my girlfriend to pick me up one when she was in the post office recently and they didn't have one near big enough :confused:

Advertisement