Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 - 3 Red Lights

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

thanks for quick reply. hmm tracking still says billing info recieved, 10days :o ill have to mow the grass too so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

my xbox rrod'ed last friday, ups just collected it now :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

The section of xbox.com where you register your console for repair isn't working. Do I just ring them up and get them to do it or can I e-mail in my details?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

EGriff wrote: »
    The section of xbox.com where you register your console for repair isn't working. Do I just ring them up and get them to do it or can I e-mail in my details?

Make sure you're on the Irish site and not the American site. The American site doesn't work for us for some reason just ends up going around in a loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Cheers for that, worked first time when I changed location.

• Advertisement

on its way back :D ~goes out and buys Red Dead Redemption~

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Got it about an hour ago, left it for a few minutes, turned off the xbox, came back a few minutes later, and turned on the xbox and its running grand. But I've heard from a few people that once you get it, its very likely to keep occuring, more frequently each time.
    So would I be able to get a repair , even though it happened and now the xbox is working again[for the time being at least]?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

MiCr0 wrote: »
    my xbox rrod'ed last friday, ups just collected it now :-(

and now on the way back :-)

You're a charming fellow aren't you?

Tell me how one becomes a professional at repairing consoles? Can you get a degree in it?

Would you consider a professional the only people who are designated as an official Xbox Repair technician by microsoft or are an authorised repair centre? There aren't any of them y'know... that's why they get sent off to Germany.

You don't have to avail of my service and that's fair enough but there's no need to be rude.

What happened there? Mod edit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Achilles wrote: »
    What happened there? Mod edit?

There was no edit, more a ninja-delete ;)

Why? Because he was bad mouthing me or pimping a shop he quite possibly works in?

General trolling and shillery? Perhaps a moderator might shed some light :)

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

Guys, where do you get the option for ups to collect? All I see in the process are instructions for me to send it to them?

Pixelcraft wrote: »
    Guys, where do you get the option for ups to collect? All I see in the process are instructions for me to send it to them?

Make sure you've collected Ireland as your country in the top right hand corner otherwise the ordering process won't work correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Splendid

So my xbox got the RROD the other day. I think I bought this week three years ago.

When I try to get a repair on the xbox site, I get through to the select problem and add a description page, when I click submit I get this "A problem occurred, and your request cannot be completed."

I've tried ringing but it just tells me to use the website.

Anyone any ideas? Cheers.

Splendid wrote: »
    So my xbox got the RROD the other day. I think I bought this week three years ago.

When I try to get a repair on the xbox site, I get through to the select problem and add a description page, when I click submit I get this "A problem occurred, and your request cannot be completed."

I've tried ringing but it just tells me to use the website.

Anyone any ideas? Cheers.

Are you sure you're on the European website with Ireland selected as your country? Trying to do it via the American website causes problems. Besides seeing as you bought it three years ago you're not entitled to a repair as it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Hi!

Not a usual XBox guy, but my mum's friend's kid's machine "was broken". The 10 year old takes a screwdriver to it and voids the warranty. So it was offered to me to see what I can do... And lo and behold, it has the 3 red lights...

Anything I can do, or am I best just stripping it down for parts?

tolosenc wrote: »
    Hi!

Not a usual XBox guy, but my mum's friend's kid's machine "was broken". The 10 year old takes a screwdriver to it and voids the warranty. So it was offered to me to see what I can do... And lo and behold, it has the 3 red lights...

Anything I can do, or am I best just stripping it down for parts?

That depends on the secondary error code.

Press the sync and eject buttons four times in a row.

4 lights = 0, 1 = 1 etc.

If you can tell me what the secondary code is I can tell you roughly wether it's worth the repair or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

hi i got on to microsoft about sending xbox for repairs, that was at start of may, never got round to sending it, was going to do it today and noticed the date on it was start of may, will this make a difference or will i have to get a new one

• Advertisement

got mine back wednesday, a new 2010 one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Well my original Xbox 360 just got the RROD I suppose it was just a matter of time it was one of the original ones, and this is the second time for it to get the RROD, it was fixed by MS in 2008 so its well out of warranty now. Plus last year it overheated was was opened up badly to remove the dust that had completly clogged it up. I guess it might be time to buy a new one.

Although the timing of the RROD is ironic a day before E3 starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Any numbers I should call to find out where to send? Or do I just post it straight off?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i put in COD4 and it flashed red rings, so restarted and it was gone

week later it red ringed and restarted did nothing, stayed red.

now 3 weeks laters i turned it on and its working fine?

On it's way out I'd say dude, next time give MS a call and send it back with a note.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Placebo wrote: »
    i put in COD4 and it flashed red rings, so restarted and it was gone

week later it red ringed and restarted did nothing, stayed red.

now 3 weeks laters i turned it on and its working fine?

I'd advise fixing it now, that's exactly what happened to mine, then after a while I'd try as I liked, but would only boot for 3 mins, then freeze, restart and RROD.

I got the Advanced Hybrid kit and repaired it myself, working perfect since! That's a couple months ago now fwiw, and I've been abusing it to 'test' it's performance - working perfect!

Although every box is different, it cost me €22 delivered including everything for the job + Southbridge clamp (which most won't need).

I've overclocked the GPU fan to 12v, and added another fan on the outter casing to keep it frosty. Even without the extra fan it works for hours! Although it's a little noisier (they're always loud anyway) it's better than the complete silence it offered me before! But if it's annoying, move it somewhere else if you've a wireless controller, or turn up your volume! ;)

I also do the odd repair for anyone needing it, on a no fix - no fee basis! Warranty will be void though, but if it's already gone, what's that matter!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

UPS collected mine yesterday was funny when I rang MS though. ''Have you ever done this thing before?'' I replied saying ''No, it's the first time'' then he says ''I know you're lying but it's okay''.

I'm really lucky aswell because mine was way out of warranty. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Haha, hate those awkward moments!

Just thought I'd add, was given a RROD E74 box over the weekend and got it working real quick! Wouldn't even show me E74 at first.. One of the fans stopped working, that's right in a 360 that struggles to run with both running!

There's heat marks all over the inside of it, sounded like a rough engine when I turned it on first! Cleaned out the dust, hoovered all over it, proper cleaned the fans, 12v'd the GPU fan and most importantly I ground down the standoffs in the middle of the metal tray (apparently stick up 0.75 of a mm too high on older boxes). I then X-clamp fixed it, using a new method involving flipping the clamps over and grinding the hooks off. I used the small black screws (the 8 of them) to hold the H/S onto the chips, while being supported by the modded clamp to stop it coming down too far and bending the board in the opposite direction it was warped.

First time I tried it after all this, it E74'd.. I let it run for a few secs while I thought "what next..?" tried once more for luck, before changing tension on screws and hey presto!! Once I saw the GLOL I was delighted, I'm sure some of ya's know the feeling!

I then went over to System info, and wouldn't ya know, 7357!!! :D

Just gotta save now and get someone with skillz0rs to solder my cables in (just can't pierce the lead-free solder)! My fingers are burned to bits from trying earlier..

Wez wrote: »
    Just gotta save now and get someone with skillz0rs to solder my cables in (just can't pierce the lead-free solder)! My fingers are burned to bits from trying earlier..

*coughs* ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Musoabuso

UPS collect mine just there...I wonder will they send back a brand spanking new one... The whole inside of it must be melted after I wrapped it in towles. :D

Advertisement