Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 - 3 Red Lights

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭gizmo73

Hey guys,
    360 arcade after dying. It freezes up-wen`t through online thingy to try and repair it but no joy, its saying its a hardware prob that has to sent back.
    Tried to register online- and can`t get past that page due to postcode. What do i do for postcode????? i`ve tried putting in n/a and 0000 which usually works but no joy here.
    If i get it registered is there anyway of checking on warranty as i don`t have a receipt and not sure if i`m inside 3 years???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

gizmo73 wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    360 arcade after dying. It freezes up-wen`t through online thingy to try and repair it but no joy, its saying its a hardware prob that has to sent back.
    Tried to register online- and can`t get past that page due to postcode. What do i do for postcode????? i`ve tried putting in n/a and 0000 which usually works but no joy here.
    If i get it registered is there anyway of checking on warranty as i don`t have a receipt and not sure if i`m inside 3 years???

Make sure you have Ireland selected as your country in the top right corner.

Achilles wrote: »
    Make sure you have Ireland selected as your country in the top right corner.

Yeah I tried that already. Anytime I change to Ireland and go to register it automatically switches back to America. This whole set up is a bit of a joke

gizmo73 wrote: »
    Yeah I tried that already. Anytime I change to Ireland and go to register it automatically switches back to America. This whole set up is a bit of a joke

Call them. As far as I know they have a call centre based in Dublin now so it should be easy enough to get it sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hesho

I had the same issue man. The site always reverted back to America.
    Just ring them up, call center is in ireland so its not hassle at all. Complain about the website issue and they will sort you out with an xbox live gold trial. Worked for me anyway

• Advertisement

Hesho wrote: »
    I had the same issue man. The site always reverted back to America.
    Just ring them up, call center is in ireland so its not hassle at all. Complain about the website issue and they will sort you out with an xbox live gold trial. Worked for me anyway

I can't seem to find their number on any of their sites tho...

Achilles wrote: »
    I can't seem to find their number on any of their sites tho...

Yeah had the same prob, found the number after bit of searching.1800 509186.
    complained a bit about website, lack of info ect and all they said was they updated site few days ago and going through few probs......... Anyway my xbox was still in warranty for red light so i`m sending it off soon enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bonkeyfonkey

As a temporary solution the best thing to do it overheat it by wrapping it in towels!

As a temporary solution the best thing to do it overheat it by wrapping it in towels!

That towel trick is dangerous it damaged the entire motherboard.

Mr scientist says: http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Why+the+Towel+Trick+Works+and+Why+It+Will+Destroy+Your+Xbox-a01073922785

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

My X-Box isn't reading discs. Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

the disk drive is knackered happins alot if you want to sell it for parts pm me

Took the x box apart and cleaned it all out, but no joy. I guess the only option is to sell and buy a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

my sons xbox 360 basic has red lights flashing, its 3 yrs old, it was repaired 4 mths ago for €60, what's the best things to do, repair or replace?, what the best trade in/ offer?, thanks guys

ajeffares wrote: »
    Took the x box apart and cleaned it all out, but no joy. I guess the only option is to sell and buy a new one.

Actually that depends. I may be able to repair it for you.

I know this may sound unusual but can you take a pic of the disc drive tray for me so that I know which model it is?

Thanks!

Thanks, I'll put up a picture tomorrow

ajeffares wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll put up a picture tomorrow

Any update on this? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭cml387

The answer to the postcode question is to enter 000000 according to the XBOX man I was talking to over my RROD problem.I'm under warranty yippee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Think its just happened to me.
    Havent played/turned on xbox (elite) in a few weeks.
    Went to have a sneaky game of halo reach, upon booting up the game made a bit of a hissing sound and the scrren froze with blocks and graphics missing from the pic randomly.
    This happened the other night, but I rebooted and it was perfect again.
    Tonight though, rebooted and it didnt let me get as far in booting, next reboot, nothing!

Three rings of death!

Question is the following, bought from pc world 2 years past in sept. I still have receipt. (never throw them out!!!)

Do i have to register or anything with microsoft?
    If I head to pcw tomorrow with just xbox (no hard drive) and receipt, are they obliged to send of for repair, or Ive read earlier posts suggesting they may have to replace with a brand new one.
    If they have no Elites, will they have to give me a slim?

Looking for a quick and easy answer, new babies needing fed hece lack of xbox use lately!

Worth it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭cml387

Call the helpline number 1800 509186

Have the serial number of the unit ready (it's on the back).
    They will register it for you and check up the details.
    Mine failed last night.I bought it in March 2009 but it was still under warranty.
    They will then give you details of how to return it and give you a repair number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

Gucky wrote: »
    Think its just happened to me.
    Havent played/turned on xbox (elite) in a few weeks.
    Went to have a sneaky game of halo reach, upon booting up the game made a bit of a hissing sound and the scrren froze with blocks and graphics missing from the pic randomly.
    This happened the other night, but I rebooted and it was perfect again.
    Tonight though, rebooted and it didnt let me get as far in booting, next reboot, nothing!

Three rings of death!

Question is the following, bought from pc world 2 years past in sept. I still have receipt. (never throw them out!!!)

Do i have to register or anything with microsoft?
    If I head to pcw tomorrow with just xbox (no hard drive) and receipt, are they obliged to send of for repair, or Ive read earlier posts suggesting they may have to replace with a brand new one.
    If they have no Elites, will they have to give me a slim?

Looking for a quick and easy answer, new babies needing fed hece lack of xbox use lately!

Worth it though :D

PCW should replace it on the spot if you have a receipt, best bet is to go in an ask though, keep in mind that if you get a slimline you're old hard drive will not fit.....there are ways though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Viper_JB wrote: »
    PCW should replace it on the spot if you have a receipt, best bet is to go in an ask though, keep in mind that if you get a slimline you're old hard drive will not fit.....there are ways though.

Hi viper, would this apply even though its more than 2 years old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Consolepros

chris1970 wrote: »
    my sons xbox 360 basic has red lights flashing, its 3 yrs old, it was repaired 4 mths ago for €60, what's the best things to do, repair or replace?, what the best trade in/ offer?, thanks guys

Chris, have the console reballed ;) Its a permanent fix for this issue. If you get a new one you'll have the same problem sooner or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

Gucky wrote: »
    Hi viper, would this apply even though its more than 2 years old?

Sorry bout the delay in the response, I ended up getting mine replaced in the first year, which entitled me to a 3 year warrenty on the xbox after, which was used another 2 times :rolleyes: lol but, ya I'd say so these xboxs are returned a lot, so they should accept anything within 3 years really.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

My consoles warranty run out January 2010, but when registering for repair online, I got a response that my console has a warranty for the red light issue until Jan 2011 - sweet. I was trying to download the packaging / shipping instructions, but the link does not work - how do I pack the console (I've ordered the labels via email) :D

My consoles warranty run out January 2010, but when registering for repair online, I got a response that my console has a warranty for the red light issue until Jan 2011 - sweet. I was trying to download the packaging / shipping instructions, but the link does not work - how do I pack the console (I've ordered the labels via email) :D

I just got mine sent back yesterday, got a post box in newsagents, bubble wrap and stuffed few newspaper in the side of box. Print off labels from e mail and stick on box

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

I had my replacement box pack up with the lights of doom last night. I was on to MS and now have the box packed up and labelled waiting for pickup.

Anyone know what the typical turnaround time is these days? Hoping it wont be too long before I get back to Fallout NV. It was just getting interesting too....

Ah well, time to put some PS3 time in.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

And does DHL collect and deliver?

UPS collect and deliver, you can put in request online, should be in the e mail with labels ect! I put mine in 1st thing yesterday morning and was picked up in evening time. They told me on phone it will be 2-3 weeks again i have it back

• Registered Users Posts: 29 eskoflip

ElBarco wrote: »
    I had my replacement box pack up with the lights of doom last night. I was on to MS and now have the box packed up and labelled waiting for pickup.

Anyone know what the typical turnaround time is these days? Hoping it wont be too long before I get back to Fallout NV. It was just getting interesting too....

Ah well, time to put some PS3 time in.
    I sent mine off on a tuesday and had it back by the end of the next business week. they're fairly on the ball with the repairs. B
    RING BACK LEAD SOLDER!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

It's off to merry deutchland for my box then. I didn't realise that the label contained the tracking number. Maybe I'm alone on this but if not it's the long string starting with 1Z between the two barcodes.

And now to abuse the F5 button.

Advertisement