Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 - 3 Red Lights

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

my console was picked up this morning by UPS (fault reported with MS yesterday) - great service.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Haunted. Absolutely haunted.

Have my 20GB pro 360 over 3 years. I remember buying it October 2007.
    Anyway I got the RROD yesterday. Bummer!

So I log onto xbox.com and my RROD warranty is valid till December 5th 2010!
    Waiting on UPS to email me the packing form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

jayteecork wrote: »
    Haunted. Absolutely haunted.

Have my 20GB pro 360 over 3 years. I remember buying it October 2007.
    Anyway I got the RROD yesterday. Bummer!

So I log onto xbox.com and my RROD warranty is valid till December 5th 2010!
    Waiting on UPS to email me the packing form.
    Yeah I bought mine in May 08 so knew I was in the clear anyway but they have me covered till JULY 2011 dunno where they got the extra 2 months from so it's always worth a try if you're a little bit out.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Phegasus

MyKeyG wrote: »
    Yeah I bought mine in May 08 so knew I was in the clear anyway but they have me covered till JULY 2011 dunno where they got the extra 2 months from so it's always worth a try if you're a little bit out.

The warranty is calculated by the date it's manufactured + 90 days to allow for logistics and sales. Chances are you bought a freshly delivered one.

my console was picked up this morning by UPS (fault reported with MS yesterday) - great service.

And the console was returned today - repaired and free of charge :D

• Advertisement

And the console was returned today - repaired and free of charge :D
    Just a quick question my neighbour said they gave him 6 free months Xbox live when they repaired his machine. Any such luck yerself with that or any other incentive to buy the XboX 4 or whatever the next one will be because to be honest I swore I'd never buy XboX again. Maybe I'm being a bit unfair but extending the warranty and repairing it was the least they could do considering they rolled out an inferior product just to get ahead of Sony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Just a quick question my neighbour said they gave him 6 free months Xbox live when they repaired his machine. Any such luck yerself with that or any other incentive to buy the XboX 4 or whatever the next one will be because to be honest I swore I'd never buy XboX again. Maybe I'm being a bit unfair but extending the warranty and repairing it was the least they could do considering they rolled out an inferior product just to get ahead of Sony.

Well Xbox 360 was already released before the PS3 so really it was Sony who had to play catch up and release the PS3, you'll find that the first generations of Xbox were the least reliable same with PS3 while the Xbox 360 had a higher failure rate. Not defending Microsoft or anything but with each successive Xbox 360 release(arcade, pro, elite, etc..) the reliability factor increased up to now with the Slim which has not seen any major faults as yet same goes for PS3.

justryan wrote: »
    Well Xbox 360 was already released before the PS3 so really it was Sony who had to play catch up and release the PS3, you'll find that the first generations of Xbox were the least reliable same with PS3 while the Xbox 360 had a higher failure rate. Not defending Microsoft or anything but with each successive Xbox 360 release(arcade, pro, elite, etc..) the reliability factor increased up to now with the Slim which has not seen any major faults as yet same goes for PS3.
    No Sony stayed on schedule and released a pristine machine. If they had to play catch-up then they did a damn good job. Microsoft realeased a piece of crap that they had to keep improving and Sony released a formidable machine right from the off.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭gizmo73

Got my repaired x box back from Germany, set it up this eve-and now the controller won`t connect(constant 4 flashing light). went through the process, batteries-wires-router ect ect but still no joy. Its set up in same place its been for last 2 years. Anybody else have this prob after getting console back??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

gizmo73 wrote: »
    Got my repaired x box back from Germany, set it up this eve-and now the controller won`t connect(constant 4 flashing light). went through the process, batteries-wires-router ect ect but still no joy. Its set up in same place its been for last 2 years. Anybody else have this prob after getting console back??

Resync the controller to the Xbox. Hold down the sync button on the Xbox until the lights near the power indicator start going around in a circle... then hold in the sync button on the controller itself.

If this doesn't work connect the controller to the console using the battery charging cable from your play and charge kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭gizmo73

Achilles wrote: »
    Resync the controller to the Xbox. Hold down the sync button on the Xbox until the lights near the power indicator start going around in a circle... then hold in the sync button on the controller itself.
    Ah cheers mate. We`re up and running again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

No Sony stayed on schedule and released a pristine machine. If they had to play catch-up then they did a damn good job. Microsoft realeased a piece of crap that they had to keep improving and Sony released a formidable machine right from the off.

Really..:rolleyes:

bryaner wrote: »
    Really..:rolleyes:
    You could offer an actual sensible retort instead of a childish sarcastic expression. Maybe I exagerrated the PS a little but at least it was released wireless ready with free online gaming, it didn't sound like a rocket launch when running games, it didn't risk vibrating the processor off the motherboard, it didn't overheat and melt inferior grade soldering, the controller came with a charge wire...AND it didn't burn the crap out of discs when you put it on it's side.

You could offer an actual sensible retort instead of a childish sarcastic expression. Maybe I exagerrated the PS a little but at least it was released wireless ready with free online gaming, it didn't sound like a rocket launch when running games, it didn't risk vibrating the processor off the motherboard, it didn't overheat and melt inferior grade soldering, the controller came with a charge wire...AND it didn't burn the crap out of discs when you put it on it's side.

Not worth it..

Not worth it..
    I'll take that as an admission of being completely wrong. In any case people don't want to come on a thread and see two yahoo's having at each other.

I'll take that as an admission of being completely wrong. In any case people don't want to come on a thread and see two yahoo's having at each other.

I think you forgot your tablet this morning.

You were the one that came on spouting

negative comments regarding x box's on a

forum with the aim of fixing the said machines.

Sort yourself out and stop trolling.

I think you forgot your tablet this morning.

You were the one that came on spouting

negative comments regarding x box's on a

forum with the aim of fixing the said machines.

Sort yourself out and stop trolling.
    How does me putting down Xbox make me a troll? I made an honest comparison between Xbox and PS and you took it personally. I'm entitled to my opinion but you don't think so. Microsoft rushed out a substandard product and everybody knows it, now they're reaping the whirlwind and rightly so.

Have you actually got anything constructive to say or are you going to keep making an arse out of yourself. Sort yourself out and stop trolling.

How does me putting down Xbox make me a troll? I made an honest comparison between Xbox and PS and you took it personally. I'm entitled to my opinion but you don't think so. Microsoft rushed out a substandard product and everybody knows it, now they're reaping the whirlwind and rightly so.

Have you actually got anything constructive to say or are you going to keep making an arse out of yourself. Sort yourself out and stop trolling.

The forum is for help in the process of fixing rrod x boxes not comparing them
    to ps3's.

Are you able to comprehend this? If you can there is no need to reply..

I won't report your post before you edited btw.

The forum is for help in the process of fixing rrod x boxes not comparing them
    to ps3's.

Are you able to comprehend this? If you can there is no need to reply..

I won't report your post before you edited btw.
    Conversations take different turns. I was having a conversation with an individual and OUR interaction took us to the comparison, why you stuck your oar in I swear to god I can't understand. Report my edit, I have the guts to take my lumps.

I edited it because you mentioned taking my tablet, you insensitive so an so. I took two tablets today one for depression and another for anxiety. That's what I mentioned but didn't want to give you the pleasure, so I edited it. If the mods choose to correct me so be it. It doesn't make you any less of a loser. Report away little boy!

Conversations take different turns. I was having a conversation with an individual and OUR interaction took us to the comparison, why you stuck your oar in I swear to god I can't understand. Report my edit, I have the guts to take my lumps.

I edited it because you mentioned taking my tablet, you insensitive so an so. I took two tablets today one for depression and another for anxiety. That's what I mentioned but didn't want to give you the pleasure, so I edited it. If the mods choose to correct me so be it. It doesn't make you any less of a loser. Report away little boy!

Na I don't do reporting, and keep on trowing your insults at me if it
    makes you feel better.

I know all about anti d's btw and for a lot longer than you..

• Advertisement

Na I don't do reporting, and keep on trowing your insults at me if it
    makes you feel better.

I know all about anti d's btw and for a lot longer than you..
    You started with the insults Bryan. And it was an incredible insult considering you claim to know all about it.

It's obvious you're extremely presumptious considering you assume to know more about it than me. I really think this conversation has gone beyond good taste so if you want to believe I'm the cause of our row then I will humbly accept it for the sake of common decency and for the topic at hand.

Though if you really knew AD's we both know you wouldn't have been so flippant about the subject.

You started with the insults Bryan. And it was an incredible insult considering you claim to know all about it.

It's obvious you're extremely presumptious considering you assume to know more about it than me. I really think this conversation has gone beyond good taste so if you want to believe I'm the cause of our row then I will humbly accept it for the sake of common decency and for the topic at hand.

Row what row??

Ball burst game over.

Take it handy dude.

Row what row??

Ball burst game over.

Take it handy dude.
    Awe man I started new meds today I didn't get it...ball burst game back on. So yo mama is so ugly she looks like mine...wait that's not right!!!

Though if you really knew AD's we both know you wouldn't have been so flippant about the subject.

Right whatever believe what you want.

Right whatever believe what you want.
    Thank you I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

UPS collected my Xbox today without me actually saying that I wanted it repaired (I was at school)

Anyways basically rang them up told them I had a problem my xbox halo edition was extremely loud then he asked for my serial number (then he hung up I think)

Had to ring again the lad took my address etc. and says there should be someone collecting it, I specifically said I want to leave it back to the shop and get refund/store credit and he says fine ring them then.. I says ok thats grand..

Rang GAME they said take it in on Saturday and then what do you know Xbox actually went ahead with the repair even though I never said to go ahead with it and took my Xbox while I was at school.. I am outraged with this.. I wanted my brother to finish AC 3 at least before leaving it back and now I have to wait about 2 - 3 weeks like WTF!!..

Anyways rang them there and the lad said that repair never should have happened but theres nothing he can do.. The one thing i'm worrying about is now they have them limited edition xbox and will probably give me the original if they can not fix it... In that case I will go mad.. This never should have happened..

Anyone else have issues with the xbox support?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

UPS just dropped off mine.

Will try it out in a minute.

I actually got a different xbox. Much newer and shinier looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

I just made my repair request today online. Was just wondering how long you guys would say before UPS collect it? Im in the South-East if that makes much difference. I've a feeling the snow here will delay it by a day or 2.

Bbbbolger wrote: »
    I just made my repair request today online. Was just wondering how long you guys would say before UPS collect it? Im in the South-East if that makes much difference. I've a feeling the snow here will delay it by a day or 2.

I made the repair request few weeks back at 9am and UPS collected my XBox at 11am - cannot complain :D

• Advertisement

Bbbbolger wrote: »
    Next business day tops. Mine is in Shannon at the moment. Can't wait.

Advertisement