Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 - 3 Red Lights

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

just rang them, they wont send me a box...**** me

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

Well my FOURTH console just died..... Less than a minute after I opened the UPS box. :mad: Words cant describe my infuriation. 30mins on phone to xbox support, will get back to me before monday 5pm, and let me know if "HO" approve a new console.

thats a disgrace

id be looking to speak to a manager and demanding an Elite

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

event wrote: »
    thats a disgrace

id be looking to speak to a manager and demanding an Elite

T'will be my first response when I get the call. If they try and convince me a refurb is all they can offer again that is.

30mins, put on hold THREE times before I got to speak to a supervisor. Outrageous. I aint backing down, if they dont gimme a brand new, never used before xbox I am driving to sandyford to punch some skulls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Got mine back there, seems to be working grand except the ****heads sent me out a 2-pin plug. What a shower of incompetent cnuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I sent mine off last week. I left a Pro Evo game in it by mistake, will I get it back ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

xbox.com support says mine is on its way back to me - better be brand new like i was told or there shall be comeuppance's :pac:

saw this today :D - jokes on us boys :o

[IMG]http://www.compuglobal.net/tempFiles/360 haha.jpg[/IMG]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Sweet, rang them back about the wrong power cable and wrong game they sent me, so they are sending out GOW and a new cable. Pretty happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

T'will be my first response when I get the call. If they try and convince me a refurb is all they can offer again that is.

30mins, put on hold THREE times before I got to speak to a supervisor. Outrageous. I aint backing down, if they dont gimme a brand new, never used before xbox I am driving to sandyford to punch some skulls.

any word on how you got on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Update: Sending me a brand new xbox + wireless controller. About ****ing time! Another 20minute phone call today after I never received a call from the supervisor I was speaking to on thursday. Terrible, terrible customer support, but its sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Good info lads should come in handy for me soon.

I got Error E71 after a few freezes/reboots on Saturday (one red light).
    Left it off for a while and it was working fine then.

Today playing COD 4 MP it froze and when I rebooted I got 3 RRoD, happened a few times.

Again it's working after I left it off for a while but I'm wondering should I send it back now as I'd say it will inevitably RRoD again soon enough. It'd probably be fine if they booted it up and just send it back.

I bought it on launch day and never had any problems with it apart from some 'Unplayable Disc' which was solved by opening/closing tray.

I just registered console on xbox.com and it says it's outta warranty on 12/28/2006 6:59:59 PM??? I presume this doesn't count for RRoD?

Bad time to break with GTA4 coming soon :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Gu3rr1lla

Keith186 wrote:
    Good info lads should come in handy for me soon.

Bad time to break with GTA4 coming soon :(

NooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOoOooooOoOOOooOoOOOOO !! :(:(:(

I'm just after getting the 3 red lights of death! What a time to happen with GTA4 coming out soon! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 49 TowlieMcD

God Damnit!!!!. does anybody know how long my xbox 360 will be in repair?. i sent it away 18 days ago and i haven't been able to play it for 24 days AAAAGGHHHH!!! withdrawals!!. i dont know what RROD is, but if that's part of the three red lights and my console freezin then that's what I had:(. please someone tell me how much longer i'll have to wait

He told me it normally takes 2/3 weeks until you get it back.

I'm still waiting on the email from them with the labels which the guy said is 'obviously faster' than getting them snail mailed. We'll wait and see. I'm gonna call tomorrow anyway and say I just renewed xbox live and I can't use it now, try get a free month of it anyway or new joypad would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Mirrorboy

TowlieMcD wrote: »
    God Damnit!!!!. does anybody know how long my xbox 360 will be in repair?. i sent it away 18 days ago and i haven't been able to play it for 24 days AAAAGGHHHH!!! withdrawals!!. i dont know what RROD is, but if that's part of the three red lights and my console freezin then that's what I had:(. please someone tell me how much longer i'll have to wait

I sent mine off and it took 10 days from the day i sent it off til i got it returned (with a new mother board as well a new DVD drive so solve the RROD). got it returned, turned it on n asked me to choose update. all was well, was playing my first game and within 5 minutes i got the 3 red rings AGAIN!:eek: so rang up xbox support, they gave me the usual story, send it off for repair this time it wil b quicker. told them i doubt they cud get it back to me in less than 10 days in fairness considering it has to be shipped to Germany.

anyway told them i wanted a new console seen as they obviously didnt do much of a ''repair'' on it last time....so they went off and spoke to the supervisor, told me they would ring me back within 72 hours to let me know if they can issue me with a new one?
    couldnt of come at a worse time with GTA IV out next week!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

A alss just got the RROD on my launch console over the weekend I've filled out the online repair form and am waiting on the emial with the shipping label.

I got the UPS label online and packed up the xbox in an a box which ended up being an old xbox 1 box as they don't send the return shipping crate out. dropped it off at UPS in finglas yesterday and according to the tracking number its still sitting there.

Furp wrote: »
    I got the UPS label online and packed up the xbox in an a box which ended up being an old xbox 1 box as they don't send the return shipping crate out. dropped it off at UPS in finglas yesterday and according to the tracking number its still sitting there.

Mine got picked up yesterday too and I think its still sitting there too. Status is 'Pick Up'. Thought it'd be nearly there (Germany) by now.

Keep an eye out here too when it gets to stage 3 we shouldn't have too long to wait.

My UPS status finally changed today to In Transit after two days of sitting in UPS, if yours has gone too Keith186 I'd say they probably keep them until they have a batch of them to send back.

Furp wrote: »
    My UPS status finally changed today to In Transit after two days of sitting in UPS, if yours has gone too Keith186 I'd say they probably keep them until they have a batch of them to send back.

Only changed status yesterday evening, now it looks like its reschedules
    d I think anyway.

ype: Package
    Rescheduled Delivery: 28/04/2008
    Shipped To: WEITERSTADT, DE
    Service: STANDARD
    Weight: 3.80 Kg

To view additional tracking information, please log in to My UPS.

Package Progress
    Location Date Local Time Description
    FRANKFURT,
    DE 26/04/2008 0:04 ARRIVAL SCAN
    HERNE-BOERNIG,
    DE 25/04/2008 20:59 DEPARTURE SCAN
    DUBLIN,
    IE 23/04/2008 12:02 COLLECTION SCAN
    DE 21/04/2008 8:11 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 26/04/2008 13:54 ET

Unlikely to have it back until after the bank holiday I think :(

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭thecheese

Aaarrggghh my 360 just bricked it too...

Almost 2 years old and then yesterday screen froze while playing pro evo. Have had screen freezes before but this time there were fuzzy lines across the screen. Think this might be linked to gpu failure from reading this forum?

Anyway tried to play again today and after 10 mins same thing happened. Then, after rebooting and configuring the network settings on my xbox, it shuts down and RROD appear for first time..

Problem is now though that the console is powering on and loading up fine but keeps freezing after several minutes or seconds (varies). No RROD, which leads me to believe that microsoft will not accept it as a RROD return :|

Will have to ring them tomorrow, this is mostly a vent but if there's any advice id love to hear lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

There is a three year warranty on RRoD cases, so if all else fails, pick up the console, shake vigourously and presto! Three red rings.

Will my 360 UPS status magically changed on Friday from exception in Dublin to in Transit and then delivery in Germany where it arrived at 9.30am.Of course the service.xbox.com page still say they are waiting to receive it.

the cheeese I would not worry about not getting ti repaired for free min will boot up first time but shut it down and reboot and it RROD's over and over again.

Having said that I will wait and see what happens with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭thecheese

the cheeese I would not worry about not getting ti repaired for free min will boot up first time but shut it down and reboot and it RROD's over and over again.

Yeah I kept trying to play it possibly in the hope of burning it out to get red ring again :o and found this was the case. Can't even imagine the stress people that have sent these back several times are going through, I'm bloody pissed off at them already and I have yet to experience their customer service lol

wish me luck :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

lol, I can't believe this. I just turned on my 360 to test it before GTA tomorrow, you know just in case by some freaky unbelievable bad luck it got RROD. And guess what?

RROD!!

It was working perfectly yesterday and I've never had so much as a single freeze before tonight.

Right now all I can do is laugh but I'm going to be so pissed in the morning when GTA IV arrives and I've nothing to play it on.

I don't think I can wait the 2 weeks/several months/whatever that it take MS to fix these things. Is it worth trying the towel trick?

I thinking of maybe picking up a new 360 tomorrow and trading in/selling the current one when it comes back from repair (if I can stop myself from smashing it to bits). Or maybe this is perfect excuse to get a PS3.

*sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

Turned my console on after not using it for a while and RROD last week. Not under warranty (firmware reasons!) so tried to fix it myself but it didn't go too well :D

Anyway went down and bought an Xbox 360 Arcade version today for 199 and made sure it had the 175watt for the falcon chip on the box which it did so hopefully reduced risk of RROD now!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

How do you know when your three yr warranty is up for the RROD?

I bought mine Christmas a year ago...so it will be two years old this Christmas and it says my warranty is up in a few months on xbox.com

How do they know the warranty when I have the receipt to show otherwise? Are they taking the piss out of me?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

cheesedude wrote: »

I bought mine Christmas a year ago...so it will be two years old this Christmas and it says my warranty is up in a few months on xbox.com

How do they know the warranty when I have the receipt to show otherwise? Are they taking the piss out of me?

The warranty that is shown on the site is the general one-year one. The RROD one is the specific, three year long warranty. Give them a call and when you tell them its the RRoD they will do it all free like. I'm pretty sure its impossible for any 360 to be out of Red Ring warranty in any case: was only released in November 2005 (?) so isn't three years old yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

cheesedude wrote: »

My warranty was wrong when I bought my XBOX and had to e-mail them a scan of my receipt for them to update it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Shamo wrote: »
    Anyway went down and bought an Xbox 360 Arcade version today for 199 and made sure it had the 175watt for the falcon chip on the box which it did so hopefully reduced risk of RROD now!
    Yeah I did the same yesterday. Just waiting on the UPS labels to send the old one off for repair.

The warranty on my first 360 was all messed up as well. Although I only managed to register it recently as the site didn't accepted the serial number when I bought it. Now it says it's been out of warranty since October 2007. I only bought it in the June.

• Advertisement

Just got an email from service.xbox.com and by Original Xbox is on the way back after being repaired. The ups tracking number is not active yet though.

Strange it only changed yesterday from waiting for device which according to UPS they had on Friday to Received. Now it says that its back in warranty and on the way back to me.

So thats 6 Business days since I dropped it off at UPS. seems longer.

Advertisement