Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 - 3 Red Lights

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Just got mine back. Two weeks almost to the hour. They threw in a months Gold membership and it seems quieter. The flappy bit at the front hiding the USB ports is gone but that was always a nuisance anyway. Happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Thanks guys. And just one more thing...will UPS collect it from my house or do I have to ring them and arrange a collection like the UPS website says?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

I need a new power supply. if i ring MS how long will it take to get one delivered? Im in Dublin btw.

Bbbbolger wrote: »
    Thanks guys. And just one more thing...will UPS collect it from my house or do I have to ring them and arrange a collection like the UPS website says?
    UPS will do all the work...don't worry...

Made my request Sunday evening and Im still waiting for it to get collected! Anyone else ever have this problem as from what I've read in this thread UPS are generally on the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Expect delays due whether conditions.

Made my request Sunday evening and Im still waiting for it to get collected! Anyone else ever have this problem as from what I've read in this thread UPS are generally on the ball.
    So close to Christmas doesn't help either.

You're tellin' me. Was really hoping on having it home and working for Christmas...looking at needing a miracle now :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sing when your winnin

when a repair is set up, you will need to contact UPS and organise a collection time once you recieved the e-mail (or post, whichever you requested). they'l come and pick it up for you..... you should allow a week due to the bad weather

You're tellin' me. Was really hoping on having it home and working for Christmas...looking at needing a miracle now :rolleyes:
    How did you make the request? I did it online and it was collected.

• Advertisement

Did it online. Rang UPS today to see what the story is and they said that I should ring back Monday due to the weather down here. Emailed Xbox too and they said I had to arrange it with UPS myself. Just gotta wait until Monday and hope the snow clears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

when a repair is set up, you will need to contact UPS and organise a collection time once you recieved the e-mail (or post, whichever you requested). they'l come and pick it up for you..... you should allow a week due to the bad weather

i never contacted UPS at all yet they just landed at my house?.. i didnt even want a repair yet microsoft went ahead and booked it for repair..

just off phone to them.. for the passed week its said "returned to shipper" and they said it should be on the way back to me and i should get it in few days.. im confused because on UPS its status has been the same for a week..

i never contacted UPS at all yet they just landed at my house?.. i didnt even want a repair yet microsoft went ahead and booked it for repair..

just off phone to them.. for the passed week its said "returned to shipper" and they said it should be on the way back to me and i should get it in few days.. im confused because on UPS its status has been the same for a week..
    Did you receive a tracking number by email? I was able to check exactly where and at what time to the minute it reached and departed various depots, through Germany, Belgium and the UK all the way to Shannon.

MyKeyG wrote: »
    Did you receive a tracking number by email? I was able to check exactly where and at what time to the minute it reached and departed various depots, through Germany, Belgium and the UK all the way to Shannon.

my dad was left with tracking number.. about a week and half ago it was in germany and now its status is just "returned to shipper" .. that was from 29/11 till now.. i rang up and tracked and it says on phone delivered to receiver in germany with some weird name that aint even microsoft

my dad was left with tracking number.. about a week and half ago it was in germany and now its status is just "returned to shipper" .. that was from 29/11 till now.. i rang up and tracked and it says on phone delivered to receiver in germany with some weird name that aint even microsoft
    It's just speculation but they may be outsourcing the repair to a third party or to an affiliate company, that's perfectly normal, I wouldn't worry about that. I've seen a couple of people say that UPS are a little slow these days. It could be the Christmas rush.

Update:

i rang UPS they said to ring microsoft.. so rang them and he got the info and said it was a new console.. i near went mad as i specifically told them several times that i did not want another console. as mines halo reach one..

anyways gladly they have sent me back a halo reach one.. i wonder though will it include the 2 controllers and halo reach?

Update:

i rang UPS they said to ring microsoft.. so rang them and he got the info and said it was a new console.. i near went mad as i specifically told them several times that i did not want another console. as mines halo reach one..

anyways gladly they have sent me back a halo reach one.. i wonder though will it include the 2 controllers and halo reach?
    The instructions clearly stated you were required to send the machine ONLY. You were even supposed to disconnect the hard drive. Tell me you didn't put everything back in the box?

The instructions clearly stated you were required to send the machine ONLY. You were even supposed to disconnect the hard drive. Tell me you didn't put everything back in the box?

i wasnt given any instructions as the repair was never meant to take place only for some tool at xbox went ahead and booked the repair.. my dad gave them the xbox not knowing what was going on.. but i still have 2 controllers and game but the box is away.. if i dont get a box i will be ringing xbox tomorrow and giving out.. i even stated i didnt want a new xbox i wanted my money back but what do they do send me a new one anyways.

there just lucky its the limited edition one im getting back..

I'm sorry I confused you with someone else. Quick question why did you contact Microsoft in the first place? Was the machine defective? You didn't exactly state why it is you contacted them or required a refund.

I'm sorry I confused you with someone else. Quick question why did you contact Microsoft in the first place? Was the machine defective? You didn't exactly state why it is you contacted them or required a refund.

When i was playing games it was extremely loud.. I installed fable 3 and taught ok maybe its just fable.. then i got assassins creed and it was loud so i rang to see what could be done.. i didnt want console repaired as my brother had just bought AC and hasnt completed.. hence why i just wanted a refund and was due to go into GAME on the Saturday..

• Advertisement

When i was playing games it was extremely loud.. I installed fable 3 and taught ok maybe its just fable.. then i got assassins creed and it was loud so i rang to see what could be done.. i didnt want console repaired as my brother had just bought AC and hasnt completed.. hence why i just wanted a refund and was due to go into GAME on the Saturday..
    Ah ok so you called Microsoft for technical advice and the spanner on the phone ordered a collect and repair, sorry got ya now. It's a tough one bud. I mean the 360 was always notoriously loud which is why people were putting it into cupboards and wardrobes causing the overheating that lead to the defects. I wasn't privy to the conversation you had with them so I don't know what was said.

Ah ok so you called Microsoft for technical advice and the spanner on the phone ordered a collect and repair, sorry got ya now. It's a tough one bud. I mean the 360 was always notoriously loud which is why people were putting it into cupboards and wardrobes causing the overheating that lead to the defects. I wasn't privy to the conversation you had with them so I don't know what was said.

yeah pretty much.. microsoft claim the slim to be "whisper quiet" .. i posted a thread here also and others said there slim wasnt loud so i had to ring..

yeah pretty much.. microsoft claim the slim to be "whisper quiet" .. i posted a thread here also and others said there slim wasnt loud so i had to ring..
    Well look I hope it works out for you. I would recommend going straight to the vendor first the next time, whether it's a 360 or a pair of trainers. They'll test instore and if it doesn't meet standards they'll replace or refund.

Well look I hope it works out for you. I would recommend going straight to the vendor first the next time, whether it's a 360 or a pair of trainers. They'll test instore and if it doesn't meet standards they'll replace or refund.

wow i hate xbox.. many reasons for this:

1. They book my console for repairs while i stated i would leave back to store..

2. They basically robbed my xbox in the first place as i was unaware that it was gone till my dad told me..

3. I clearly stated "if you cant fix it i want a refund" they go ahead and give me another one anyways.. Just lucky it was limited one which i paid for..

4. I dont get my limited edition box back which de-values the price now..

5. They cant even do sh1t about it, they expect me to right to them like WTF why would i write to them when it could be sorted on phone..

I know you lot may think im getting mad for no reason but seriously i should have my 300euro back if they were not so stupid, than have this console which i never play..It was booked for repair against my consent and taking out of my house without me knowing..

3 words - Screw you Xbox

wow i hate xbox.. many reasons for this:

1. They book my console for repairs while i stated i would leave back to store..

2. They basically robbed my xbox in the first place as i was unaware that it was gone till my dad told me..

3. I clearly stated "if you cant fix it i want a refund" they go ahead and give me another one anyways.. Just lucky it was limited one which i paid for..

4. I dont get my limited edition box back which de-values the price now..

5. They cant even do sh1t about it, they expect me to right to them like WTF why would i write to them when it could be sorted on phone..

I know you lot may think im getting mad for no reason but seriously i should have my 300euro back if they were not so stupid, than have this console which i never play..It was booked for repair against my consent and taking out of my house without me knowing..

3 words - Screw you Xbox
    In fairness I would hesitate to go with Microsoft again.

In fairness I would hesitate to go with Microsoft again.

sorry what do you mean?

btw new xbox suffers same issue..

sorry what do you mean?

btw new xbox suffers same issue..
    Like when the next generation machines are released I'll hesitate to buy the Microsoft one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

I got the three red rings, well it looked all red to me,
    when I updated and downloaded the new desktop for xbox-live,
    so I turned off my xbox slim and then powered it up again,
    I've been playing games on it for days now, nothing happened so far,
    should I be worried?

I got the three red rings, well it looked all red to me,
    when I updated and downloaded the new desktop for xbox-live,
    so I turned off my xbox slim and then powered it up again,
    I've been playing games on it for days now, nothing happened so far,
    should I be worried?
    It depends. The issue isn't always as as serious as hardware failure. One of my friends plugged his out and back in again and it worked for him. Another friend gave his a good hard slap. They've had no trouble since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Berbatov

Just got RROD again, third time since I bought an Xbox in 06.

Machine is out of warranty and the repair costs €75 + 2-3 week wait.

At this stage I reckon I'd rather pay someone locally to repair it or would I be better just to bite the bullet and get a bloody new one???

Advertisement