Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6300 v Sony Ericsson K800i

• 18-12-2007 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

I want to get the wife a new phone for christmas and have narrowed the choice down to the 2 stated above. Any recommendations based on personal experience with them.

She uses the phone mostly for calls so all the additional super dooper features are nice but not necessary. Basically which is the more reliable phone that can take being shoved into an already overstuffed handbag which gets thrown around everywhere.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the k800i is bulkier but is better in every other way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

There was a thread about this not too long ago.
    Ah, here it is: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055187473

K800i all the way, although it's a tad bulky.

Alan,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Thanks for the heads up on the earlier thread - answered my question. I'll buy her the nokia to p!ss her off (only kidding:D). Now to find a shop with the sony in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Just to throw a spanner in your works, the 6300 is possibly a more "girly" phone. It's sleek and slender and fits into the handbag quite well. Or so Mrs. Dunne tells me. No bells and whistles, just does what is says on the tin.

A confession: I liked it so much, I got myself one. I am still not so sure what that says about me. I'll stop now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

I've been a nokia man since day 1, but the k800i looks nice.

Anyone know what the predictive text input is like compared to a nokia?

Do all in one card readers read those tiny memory sticks in an adapter
    like the micro sd cards fit in to an adapter for sd readers?

• Advertisement
Advertisement