Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Usher's Quay Statoil is dead, long live One Oil!

Options
  • 18-12-2007 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

Statoil and Usher's Quay have parted company. But, don't fear, "One Oil" will soon be open for business on Usher's Quay, ready to pounce on unwitting tourists straight off the ferry, the desperate, the stupid, the too rich to care, those just about to return an empty hire car...
    Oil firm critical of petrol station's prices
    Workmen remove the Statoil sign from the filling station at Usher's Quay in Dublin city centre yesterday. The station's owner, Hugh Farrington, said that from later this week it will trade under a new brand One Oil. Statoil Ireland owner Topaz Energy and a controversial filling station operator at Usher's Quay in Dublin, believed to be the most expensive supplier in the State, have parted company.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Does that mean they can no longer accept Statoil fuel cards? That could be a major problem for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

i was forced to stop there coming back from a concert on night as i have a statoil card, sould have opted to run on vapors...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ballooba wrote: »
    Does that mean they can no longer accept Statoil fuel cards? That could be a major problem for them!
    Possibly not - don't have to be a statoil garage to accept the cards. I was heading down to Arklow the other day and passed a Shell garage that accepted a load of fuel cards - including the statoil card, which i found kind of odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Tauren wrote: »
    Possibly not - don't have to be a statoil garage to accept the cards. I was heading down to Arklow the other day and passed a Shell garage that accepted a load of fuel cards - including the statoil card, which i found kind of odd.

Shell and Statoil brands are both operated by Topaz Energy in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

yeah - i knew that. Thats why I said to the GF as we passed by that her reaction of finding it odd that Shell would accept Statoil cards was just baffling and a little odd itself, sure everyone knows Topaz Energy owns both,

I'm sure you can imagine my embarrassment and I'm sure you'd have fully condoned the beating and whipping I gave her that night. Whu-Pah-Pa.

(D'Oh:o:o)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Related Question (kinda): I saw the Shell signs on the petrol station on the N4 inbound just before Chapelizod have been taken down. Does anyone know what the story is with that? Are they putting up new signs or going independent?, the rest of the facade is in Shells Red and Yellow so it still looks like a shell station, but without the signs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭quickstitch.ie

Probably nicked! Thats the most robbed station in Ireland innit? As opposed to the foxhunter one 2 miles away (that the Gardai frequent for fuel and a free light snack) which has never been robbed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Probably nicked! Thats the most robbed station in Ireland innit? As opposed to the foxhunter one 2 miles away (that the Gardai frequent for fuel and a free light snack) which has never been robbed!

didn't know it was most robbed...

Even the pumps had a little white square over where there is usually a shell logo, and the one on the roof was gone too!! - very determined vandals perhaps!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Cionád wrote: »
    didn't know it was most robbed...

Even the pumps had a little white square over where there is usually a shell logo, and the one on the roof was gone too!! - very determined vandals perhaps!!!
    You see that the whole time when the station owners drop the franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Or when the franchise drops them :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

i was forced to stop there coming back from a concert on night as i have a statoil card, sould have opted to run on vapors...

But with a Statoil fuel card, you only pay the standard fuelcard price (currently €1.14 per litre I believe). I've filled up there using my fuel card a few times. I wonder which one of OP's categories I fall into :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Stark wrote: »
    But with a Statoil fuel card, you only pay the standard fuelcard price (currently €1.14 per litre I believe). I've filled up there using my fuel card a few times.

hee hee, me too!

A fill up good sir?

yes indeed, here is my card :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Is this not the place that was charging 1.60somthing for a litre of petrol.
    If so, good enough for them, thiers making a profit and thiers profiteering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭quickstitch.ie

Passed it earlier, think it said 1.79! It has the statoil signs down alright, just blank at mo..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

i certainly didnt pay a standard card price when i was last there, because i compared recipts, i usually get about 17 litres for 20 euro and this was somewhere between 11-14!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

The receipt doesn't reflect the card price. The bill you get in an email every month does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i certainly didnt pay a standard card price when i was last there, because i compared recipts, i usually get about 17 litres for 20 euro and this was somewhere between 11-14!

So the statoil card ripped you off? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

No. You pay for the litres not the pump price.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ManofMunster

was heading home late on christmas eve and was thankful this place was open. didn't even look at the price until i noticed the cost had gone above ninety euro and my car usually fills at about sixty five!!

turns out i'd been charged 1.799 per litre. what a rip-off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

was heading home late on christmas eve and was thankful this place was open. didn't even look at the price until i noticed the cost had gone above ninety euro and my car usually fills at about sixty five!!

and with oil over $100 a barrel today expect them to be over the 2euro mark by march

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Did this come as a surprise? It's on a big notice board on the road side of the forcourt as well as being on the petrol pump itself. What were you doing for the 2 or 3 minutes it took you to put 90 euro of rip-off petrol into your car? On your (vodafone?) mobile phone maybe?

Advertisement