Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trade in value?

• 18-12-2007 11:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Haven't traded in games before so looking so get a guide in case I'm taken as a chump! I'm trading in Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (sealed) and WWF Smackdown for CoD4, how much should I expect to get for my 2 games?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

hmm well considering I went into gamestop a few days after assassins creed came out and they offered me 20 for it, I think you would be better off using adverts.ie :)

Other than that I don't think you will get much I have to trade in a game with some sort of visual indication it was mine... I can see how much there reselling it for, probably nearly full price BASTARDS!!!

Hope this helps :)

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 NewBalance

about a total of €10 - sealed or unsealed.

Then the shop you traded them in at will put them on sale at a €5 less the full price of a New Game.

The shop makes more money on 'Pre-Owned' than on New games - and none of the money they make goes to the developers of the Games.

They say Piracey stifles the Gaming Industry - I say the 'Pre-Owned' market contributes more

note the call them 'pre-owned' and not 2nd hand? That way a game can be bought and traded over and over...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

i dont think the 2nd hand values are quite as low as you lads are makings. I got decent value for any games i traded in such as Fifa 08 i got €45 (xtra-vision) for it about 4 weeks after release. Also traded a crappy poker game and got €25 (gamestop) for it and it was about a year old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

It really is disgraceful.. The best excuse anyone could have now is if the game is only new and you don't like it.. bring it back to the shop and get your mother to go in and say the little fella changed his mind for christmas hes wants... Oh I cant remember.. its something like Massive effection? lol

"Oh yea love I know the game, one second ill get it for you now"

did that only awhile ago with assassins creed for kane and lynch!

:)

EDIT: Most pre-owned games in my gamestop in town are 55 - 60 euro!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Jebus - thats pretty depressing, I thought I'd get at least 15quid each for them.

• Advertisement

Any place known for giving better values than others, e.g Game, Gamestop, Xtravision? That said I suppose whoever is selling CoD4 cheapest is probably the best bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

sweetie wrote: »

Thanks - hopefully I'll be able to use those tips for the sealed game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

I refuse to trade in games on principle. I think it's sick that many places are making money on the same game more than once.

There used to be a site. gameswapireland.ie Seems to have shut down but before it was i manged to swap a couple of games for other games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I traded Pro Evo 2008, FIFA 08 and Tiger Woods 08 (All pretty recent releases) and got 70 euro in xtra vision on Sunday.

• Advertisement

sell them on adverts. I hate the preowned games in game and so on. You can buy a preowned game for €5 cheaper then the new game. Its sick .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

One answer. E bay. I buy and sell alot of games there. I nuy them cheaper and sell for more. Everyone wins (well except the developer )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Adverts.ie is always a good bet as the postage costs are minimal. Ebay seems cheap but buy the time you pay postage (for Hong Kong or whereever) you're only really saving a fiver here and there. Anyone who has had better luck feel free to post up some links for decent powersellers.

Trading in is a funny business. I got offered E12 for Rainbow Six: Vegas in Gamestop and Xtravision. I paid E50 for it second hand in September and ended up selling it on adverts. A while back, Game paid me E20 for Gears of War. It was a bundled copy which I had paid E25 for in Xtravision in August!

It seems like sometimes you can make a bit of cash and sometimes they righlty screw you.

Gamestop seems to be the worst for this. E55 for a pre-owned games is a joke. Xtravision normally have a good selection of second hand games for sale at reasonable prices though.

Advertisement