Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is in your (hand)bag ??

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I’m always thinking ‘God if I was in an accident and somebody had to find my ID I’d be morto’ But sure if you’re in an accident the contents of your bag is the least of your worries.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Femmy wrote: »
    once i found an un - used tampon that had come out of its wrapper in my bag..it had been in there for months!

:eek:This happened to me as well, but my bag fell of my table in a lecture one day in college and the wrapper fell out. Don't think anyone was paying attention but God my face must have been red for a good 15 mins after. Thanks God it wasn't the tampon/applicator instead. I would have died right there on the spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭capedcrustacian

i have EVERYTHIN in my bag, like, packets of soup, sugar satchets, a teaspoon....it's bizarre i know but i pick up things in a hurry and realise as i'm walkin down the street that they are still in my hand and stash them in my bag and forget about them till weeks later :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

I have everything but the kitchen sink in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

I hate my big cluttered handbag. I want to be one of those people who carry tiny bags with keys, money, mobile and nothing else.

I tend to have a book, magazine, ipod, notebook, the sandwiches and bottle of water I just bought in spar, receipts and bus tickets, loads of make-up....clutter. Problem is I seem to use all this stuff so I need a big bag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Newest handbag lesson: Don't leave fruit in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Femmy wrote: »
    once i found an un - used tampon that had come out of its wrapper in my bag..it had been in there for months!

Always happens to me! What's even worse is when they fall out!

I have all sorts of cr@p in there that's not needed but because the bag is so big, they get lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

xzanti wrote: »
    chewing gum wrappers, cinema ticket stubs, empty lip glosses etc, not to mention makeup stains in the fabric..

Add a view hundred dublin bus receipts in there and you have my bag!!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

The worst thing with a bag that's full of the usual stuff, is that when I put something in and I need it, I have to rummage through everything to find it, it tends to be my phone or keys and then I look like a fool shuffling through the bag. I think I have around 4 tins of vaseline in my bag, 3 different bottles of perfume, make up, jewellery, money, clips as well as the given bus tickets, receipts and just little pieces of paper. I'm an awful hoarder!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭hazeler

My bag issues are the usual ones wallet, keys, make-up, perfume etc etc...

But I have a 7 yr old daughter so I need to add in a packet of baby wipes, sachets of nurofen, some Bratz dolls, their shoes, clothes and accessories, anything thats pink and glitzy and I'll def have at some stage on a trip outside our house a Baby Born doll. Its almost like I cant go out without a big bag nowadays...

But if we didnt have our bags filled with all the cr@p that we "need", then we would just forget everything we actually need for the day. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

In my bag today :
    scarf
    hairbrush
    wallet
    smokes
    lighter
    fingerless gloves
    hairband
    earphones +
    ipod
    loose change
    perfume
    mascara
    foundation
    face wipes
    blusher brush
    deoderant
    shiney face powder stuff
    bus tickets
    3 spools of thread
    umbrella.

I'm actually amazed I can fit all that crap into a medium, sized bag.

Oh and Rozabeez, been there with the fruit! :mad: Oh and never carry yoghurt in your bag unless its inside a plastic bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

JaneyMc wrote: »
    In my bag today :

3 spools of thread
    Oh and never carry yoghurt in your bag unless its inside a plastic bag.

Hahaha, what a random thing, spools of thread.

You just reminded me of the time I brought a salad thing into work, but I rushed out the door and just threw the lunchbox into my bag. The sauce covered everything; phone, wallet, book, keys EVERYTHING. And it stank too. Should've left it at home.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

i have EVERYTHIN in my bag, like, packets of soup, sugar satchets, a teaspoon....it's bizarre i know but i pick up things in a hurry and realise as i'm walkin down the street that they are still in my hand and stash them in my bag and forget about them till weeks later :o

I always find teaspoons in my bag as well, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I've just found a screwdriver in my handbag.
    Alongside the normal stuff plus two bottles of perfume, Nurofen and a packet of ginger.
    :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I just cleaned 25 bus tickets out of my bag, nothing else out of the ordinary in it other then some large large paperclips and a cut up credit card, oh and the list of stuff I was supposed to get before I went on holidays last week. (I lost the list in my bag and so forgot some stuff before I went)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I am the worst for bus tickets. A few years ago I was on the bus home from town and a conductor got on. Jesus I was there for a least 10mins looking for that day's bus ticket out of about a hundred. It was ridiculous, i was about 15 at the time so I was mortified and panicked and the bus tickets just kept multiplying. Thank god yer man gave up in the end, i never found that ticket....

Make up too, my concealer is really annoying and keeps leaking everywhere. I also found about 20pens in my bag last week. Ridiculous. For such a small bag that I'm using lately I can fit an inordinate amount of stuff into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Tupins

I was staying with my sister one night and I left my toothbrush in her house. The following night we met up in town to go out and she gave me back my toothbrush which i put into my handbag. I had also arranged to meet this guy that I had just started seeing but hadn't slept with. Anyway, we were all in the pub and I got up to go to the bar. I dropped my handbag and the contents spilled out onto the floor so the guy I was seeing started helping me to pick stuff up. He picked up the toothbrush and gave it back to me grinning madly - he thought that I brought it with me on purpose because I was planning to spend the night with him - MORTO!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

I'm the worst handbag ever, everything is in there! a pack of chewing gum emptied in my bag, so they're just floating around with all the 1 cent coins and fluff etc.

I had my handbag on the passenger seat the other day (I know, I know, someone could break the window and grab it while I'm stopped at lights etc), and I swear to God, the seatbelt beeper thing started beeping! The car acutally thought I had a passenger. That's bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

I still love looking throught this thread.. Hint Hint!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055203055

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

fonpokno wrote: »
    I am the worst for bus tickets. A few years ago I was on the bus home from town and a conductor got on. Jesus I was there for a least 10mins looking for that day's bus ticket out of about a hundred. It was ridiculous, i was about 15 at the time so I was mortified and panicked and the bus tickets just kept multiplying. Thank god yer man gave up in the end, i never found that ticket....http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=57467698
    This happened to me yesterday :P And each ticket was for the same route at roughly the same time so had to spread them all over the seat next to me and find the one for the 3rd of October. He just laughed and told me not to worry about it. :D

Had a box of condoms that had been opened and the carboard got soaked one day due to leaking 7up and I pulled out about 5 when I tried to take my wallet out to pay for something one day in Smyths...a child picked one up and gave it back to me. Thought I was going to die right there and then!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 msfreak

I used to have this problem with debris but have this great bag from Next - its divided in two so i keep my makeup on one side and big things like hair brush, purse on the other side, easy for finding things, it also has side pockets at each end, one where i keep my phone and car keys and the other i keep for bus tickets, receipts etc so at the end of the day, i just need to throw away the papers from that one pocket, its really handy! And it has an inside zipped pocket for embarrassing items! It looks like a bit worky since its from Next, but good for every day wear anyway!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Taking Jules hint :D from the handbag debris thread, and after cleaning my handbag out it contained :eek: :

Work phone
    Personal phone
    Camera and cable (need to post these)
    Make up bag (foundation, concealer, mascara, eyeshadow, blusher, two lipsticks, serum, powder, brushes)
    Two bottles of perfume
    Spare glasses
    Work phone holder
    Keys
    3 usb keys
    4 colored non permanent markers??? :confused:
    Mobile phone charger
    Coffee loyalty card
    Tissues
    Face cleanser (didn't even know I had that!)
    Moisturiser
    Tweezers
    Champix tabs
    Spare buttons
    Mini sewing kit
    Pins
    A lid off a bottle of water
    Chewing gum
    A broken keyring charm
    Toothbrush
    Toothpaste
    Two passport photos
    Eyedrops
    Painkillers
    Credit and cash cards
    Various loyalty cards
    Plasters
    pens
    3 lemsip
    Disclosing tablets from the dentist
    A Vicks inhaler
    One of those tooth flosser things
    Dry cleaning tickets
    Bits of a pen
    About twenty different pieces of post/bills/letters
    Myriad receipts

It's not even a particularly big bag???? :rolleyes:

edit: after finding a rarely used pocket of the bag, I found spare tights, footies, two work invoices, minutes from a meeting, three bank statements, a credit card statement, contact lenses and a stash of business cards lolz

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

This isn't your bag by any chance, is it?

plce_rucksack_34_dpm.jpg

I knew a girl once who never went anywhere without a can of deodorant and a spare pair of shoes in her bag. It was a feckin' huge thing she carried, I dread to think what else was in it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Merging this into the existing bigger thread

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

It really needs to be cleaned out but at the moment there is:

Purse
    Juicy tubes
    Face powder
    Foundation
    Foundation sponge
    Eye liner
    Hair brush
    Perfume 2 bottles
    Deodorant
    keys
    hair clips
    Reciepts
    Tissue
    Mobile
    Chewing gum
    Tablets
    Visa bill
    lighter
    Earrings-that i wore out last week but were annoying me
    A single earring-can't find the other one
    Oh and i just remembered a wispa,going to enjoy that now!!

No wonder my bag is so heavy

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Zaph wrote: »
    This isn't your bag by any chance, is it?

No :D the aforementioned handbag is similiar to this :

20080919_093010754288_LRG.JPG
    I knew a girl once who never went anywhere without a can of deodorant and a spare pair of shoes in her bag. It was a feckin' huge thing she carried, I dread to think what else was in it.[/

You might have an idea from the helpful post(s) above now???

I do keep three spare pairs of shoes in my car, ever since a heel snapped off one day in work and I had to walk around in my socks :D
    I'll not mention that this is the third time in a month that I've cleaned out my handbag :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

For a usual college day I have a leather messenger type bag containing:
    Phone
    Keys and memory stick on a lanyard (cool, I know)
    Purse
    Sunglasses (may need to take them out now...)
    Concealer
    Powder
    Lush chocolate lip balm-yummy!
    Hello Kitty notepad
    Hello Kitty pencil case
    Diary
    And one of two books - Stalingrad by Antony Beevor, but if I'm not arsed carrying it it'll be The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold!

On a night out it's much less:
    Phone
    Keys
    Make Up
    Purse
    Passport

I appear to be slightly extreme in terms of what I cart about in my handbag :D

In my defence I make the case that I used travel a LOT with work, and am very forgetful, if it wasn't in my handbag, I couldn't guarantee it was with me.

Sadly that came to roost one night when having forgotten my pyjamas I went sleep walking on the ninth floor of the Hilton.

Hence the extreme handbag :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

In college so basically live out of a backpack that carries a whollle lot...

2 textbooks for Spanish
    Spanish dictionary
    Folder & A4 pad
    Ringbound A4 pad
    Academic Diary (cos I'd forget to do my assignments unless they're all recorded in one place)
    Various novels and plays for English (Currently The Tempest, Tamburlaine and Titus Andronicus)
    'La Casa de Bernada Alba' for Mod. Spanish Lt
    An umbrella
    2 tampons
    Pencil case with various pens and highlighters
    Bottle of water
    Make up bag (containing Loreal true match foundation and powder, Benefit Badgal Lash, Benefit Thrrob blusher, MAC lipgloss, MAC Eyeliner, Rimmel Eyeliner, Foundation brush, powder brush and some glitter)
    Purse (containing about a tenner in change, 20e, college id, garda id, bank cards, health cards, vision express card, photo of OH, photo of little sis)
    Half empty box of Silk Cut Purple
    3 lighters (think 2 of them are nearly finished though)
    Deodorant
    3 bus tickets
    Bag of Special K mini breaks
    Chewing gum (the shiny extra ones)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Day Bag:
    Keys
    Wallet
    Phone
    Makeup bag
    stapler, paper, pens,