Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording sound with TV app

• 18-12-2007 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I have a 7130 Philips based TV card, (on Vista with Realtek sound card), but I cant get it to record sound, ie. the TV app doesn't give me ANY option/source to record from.

I can use Audacity to record from 'line in' or 'stereo mix' but the TV app has no options. It gives an error code: cannot render audio capture stream. It worked OK on WinXP, but I would like to get it to work with vista. I have the latest drivers.

Any ideas are most welcome ....... !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭derby7

Googling brought me to an Audacity help page where it mentions the following:
    "No Mixer Toolbar input sources
    On Vista, recording sources such as microphone, line-in and "stereo mix" are no longer treated as sources belonging to one device as they always were in previous Windows versions, but as individual recording "devices" in their own right. As a result, the Mixer Toolbar dropdown selector will be permanently greyed out and you cannot choose recording sources there. Instead, input sources are chosen at Edit > Preferences > Audio I/O tab in the "Recording Device" dropdown. The input volume however is still adjusted using the input volume slider (by the microphone symbol) in the Mixer Toolbar"

So it seems my application is having the same problem, its selection of recording options are blankedy-blank, bummer.........just another reason to revert back to XP !!!!! doh !

Advertisement