Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

farna_boy wrote: »

I already have a 250GB hard drive and an OS waiting for it at home, so if anyone has any comments, they would be very much appreciated!

What's it to be used for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

by the look of it its gaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

you also need a case :P

do you have a dvd drive aswel?

the build looks solid. love the cooler :)

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Vulture

Well if it is a gaming machine you would be better off getting a 8800GT if you can get your hands on one, accord to this review it's just that bit better. But the price difference might not be worth it for you. Review.

If it's not a gaming machine dump the RAM and get some PC8500 ram, CL5 PC8500 ram would be way better. You do not need low latency for a non gaming machine and some half decent CL5 ram would do even if it is a gaming machine.
    RAM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Lord Deco

If you get the mobo on hardwaresand you will spare €10 plus €13 on shipping.....

http://www3.hardwareversand.de/8VJGoF3o7zOLLX/1/articledetail.jsp?aid=10077&agid=659

Dont bother with the 8800gt,they are not in stock for one and the 3850hd is a steal at that price,its half the price of the 8800gt with 20% less performance when overclocked....

Your doing the right thing by getting that card,its a bargain,you can always put the money you spared on more expensive card when the Crysis killers come in march.....

Your build is great imo,real bang for buck....

When you overclock the cpu its a monster,love the motherboard too,real performance motherboard....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Lord Deco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Ya I'm pretty much going to be using it for gaming. I am really tempted by the 8800GT but I just cant really stretch that far right now.

@Lord Deco: I checked hardwareversand earlier and the mobo wasn't there, so thanks for pointing that out! Not really sure what case I'm going to use either. I might just use my old one but I think a case won't be too hard to pick up if I get everything else first.

Advertisement