Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to call a UK 0800 number from here?

Options
  • 18-12-2007 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭

Hi

I want to call the UK number: 0800 028 8251
    I have a standard BT phone line is it possible?

Have tried 00 44 800 ...

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

I don't think it's possible to do it any time I've seen UK companies advertise a freephone service for the UK and Ireland there has been sererate numbers i.e. an 0800 and 1800 number given. There is a European wide free phone number with the prefix 00800...I've hardly ever seen it used though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

It is possible to call it, just drop the 0 e.g. 0044800....

Not sure why it didn't work for you but be warned, the call is going to be charged at uk non-geo rates which are very high per minute. Check your operators rate table to find out how much but for example BT charge 29cent per minute during the day and 24cent per minute in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

If you use Skype from your computer, you can indeed call UK 0800 numbers for free, though this might not suit you as you would need a headset and a broadband internet connection, but its another option for you.

Advertisement