Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funzo ep Launch - Friday Dec 21st - The Village + My Brother Woody

Options
  • 18-12-2007 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

The Village - Wexford St - Doors 7.30pm Adm - €10 (includes free copy of Funzo ep)

Songs and info at www.myspace.com/liammcdermott

Funzo are releasing their fourth EP, entitled 'No Smiling 'Til Christmas'.

Funzo are deadly:

Winners of the Trinity College Battle of the Bands!

Winner of the An Tostal National Songwriting Contest!

Winner of the 'Demo to Breakthrough' National Songwriting Contest!

"McDermott has the rare ability to make songs sound as if they don't quite belong to any genre, yet show touches of several working together for the greater good" Hot Press

"McD's talent and versatility belies his twenty-two years....Vintage pop music with originality and substance" Ronan Dempsey - UCD Tribune

"In a perfect world all pop records would sound like McDermott's." Caomhan Keane (www.oxygen.ie)

"Need to get away is one of the loveliest songs I've heard in a very long time." Fionn Davenport - Newstalk

"Unique song-writing and composition, originality, musicianship and professional potential are the hallmarks of Liam's music with homage to The Beach Boys, Stevie Wonder, The Beatles and Simon & Garfunkel, This EP is beautifully composed combining sweet, sorrowful lyrics with a quirky edge and classic melodic harmonies." Mark Feiritear - The Axis Arts Centre

"McDermott is a rare gem" Deirdre Maguire - UCD Tribune

"Liam's music stood out from over 200 bands and artists because of both the high quality and the complexity of his song-writing." Colm Downes (Federation of Music Collectives)

Support from My Brother Woody

Advertisement