Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VCPoker.ie Poker League for Boards.ie

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Shuffles

mickc wrote: »
    blip still chip leader with 3 left.. i busted in 4th:mad:

After busting me in 14th with your A2 small blind All In into my QQ BB.

Horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Blip

Cheers MickC,

Four out, I ran Luckier than a horseshoe tied to a rabbit's left foot, winning all my races and one brain fart which put me pot committed:o

Anyway, I'm looking forward to rubbing shoulders with some Boardies at the ME and hopefully maintaining some of the hot streak I seem to be on ATM.

GL & Wahoooooooooooooooooooo! :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭mickc

Shuffles wrote: »
    After busting me in 14th with your A2 small blind All In into my QQ BB.

Horrible.

it was checked to me in the SB and i think i had under 10BBs at the time..

mickc wrote: »
    it was checked to me in the SB and i think i had under 10BBs at the time..

thought you were "superaccu" or something like it on VC

might not be you at all so, sorry, thought it was you who knocked me out....

it was deff an All In small blind raise with A2 off to my BB that took out my QQ when i was mid stacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭mickc

that was me, just explaining my actions (good/bad)

are my stack sizes off? i thought about 10BBs??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭DEEP THROAT

I watched the rest of it after having AhJh with a flop of KhThQ busted by K9 when he hit KK for quads and in the end I didnt feel to bad as I've never seen such outdraws in my life.....

The final hand summed it up with about 70% of the chips in play in the pot preflop

AK vs A4 first card 4

Are VC running another IO freeroll, the site is still advertising the 2 for 1 offer:)

Are VC running another league, the site has a $5 tourney for next Thurs:confused:

Can you pay the $prizes from the leaderboards a quickly as possible as the $ seems to be in freefall:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 VC Poker.ie

Hi folks,

Leaderboards are up to date including last night's results and congratulations are in order for our first 10 finishing in the money with the conclusion of the $5 Series and more importantly to the top three advancing to the grand finale STT where they'll take on Ken Doherty and the qualifiers from the other two series.

Cash prizes for the top 10 will be awarded first thing Monday pending final gameplay checks. The top 3 qualifying for the finale will be automatically registered for this tournament and you simply need to login on Sunday, March 9 at 20:20GMT to take your shot at Ken's bounty and the further $1k on offer. Congratulations to last night's winners. Well played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Is the whole final table not decided now, as no one catch TheIrishMob in the $10? Am I in?

zuutroy wrote: »
    Is the whole final table not decided now, as no one catch TheIrishMob in the $10? Am I in?

I'd imagine ureself and Hennessy2007 will both qualify

Assuming that JuanPablo beat SuperiorHans

Result reads

1 JUANPABL0 15
    2 SuperiorHans 12
    3 golly6 10
    4 NotABoardsie 8
    5 stpokered2 6
    6 THEIRISHMOB 5
    7 Tiernaboul 4
    8 gkenny1208 3
    9 Hennessy2007 2

Which gives final leaderboard of

1 NotABoardsie 92+8=100
    2 SuperiorHans 83+12=95
    3 Tiernaboul 78+4=82
    4 JUANPABL0 65+15=80
    5 golly6 57+10=67
    6 THEIRISHMOB 49+5=54
    7 stpokered2 29+6=35
    8 gkenny1208 26+3=29
    9 TheyWereSooted 27+0=27
    10 bobulo 20+0=20

If SuperiorHans clawed back the defecit post and I'll change but it won't make any difference to the standings in the table

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭PokerPissTaker

Well done DEEP THROAT, I was a tough ol' field in fairness :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭SuperHans

Assuming that JuanPablo beat SuperiorHans

If I hadn't just won $1000 I'd take that as an insult:D
    I did claw my way back to even, but lost a race my 10 10 vs juan's aj all in preflop.
    Congrats on the win. Deserved winner and hope to outdraw you on the final table with Ken;)
    Well done to everyone else who made it aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Quite the battle myself and Hans had! Wp all, see you at the KnockKenOutament!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

Hi VC Poker.

Just checked my account and the payment for the 2nd in the $5 series is in my account but I never received the $300 for the $10 series 6th place.
    Could you please check this for me.

Many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭HUSH HUSH

Is this league over?

I've noticed that a Boards $5 and $10 tourney are listed for this week :confused:

Hi VC Poker.

Just checked my account and the payment for the 2nd in the $5 series is in my account but I never received the $300 for the $10 series 6th place.
    Could you please check this for me.

Many thanks

No need to panic yet id say, ive received my 3rd place in the $5 league and am also awaiting my 3rd in the $10.

Probably still pending.

Hi guys,

The Leaderboards are now updated including the final standings for both the $5 and $10 Series'. More importantly, the Grand Final Leaderboard is updated as well showing those who've qualified through to the final event. Both zuutroy and Hennessy2007 (with the next highest point totals) draw in to the final as a result of golly6 and Tiernaboul qualifying on both leaderboards.

Congratulations to all who've qualified for the final showdown with Ken. You've all been automatically registered for the tourney. All cash prizes have been awarded for the $5 Series money winners to date and prizes for the $10 Series will be awarded first thing tomorrow following final gameplay checks.

Well played and good luck in the final.

Money lodged by VC, Money withdrawn by me.

Compliments to VC for the organisation of an enjoyable tourney and promptness of all payment.

Hopefully it will be ran again as ive no doubt there will be improved numbers.

Looking forward to Sunday.

It would seem it is a reduced field with the omission of the freeroll winner for some reason.

It would seem it is a reduced field with the omission of the freeroll winner for some reason.

AFAIK the freeroll series only finished tonight.

zuutroy wrote: »
    AFAIK the freeroll series only finished tonight.

ahhhh i see, might have a crack at that too tonight so, im placed around 9 or 10.

• Advertisement

Hi guys,

Just a quick post to let you know that all winners of the $10 Series have now been awarded their cash prizes. Only 1 seat left for Sunday's single table final against Ken and that goes to the final winner of the Freeroll Series which culminates tonight at 20:20 GMT. As with the $5 and $10 Series, cash prizes are paid out to the Top Ten Leaderboard finishers so still plenty of chances to finish in the cash for almost everyone who's earned a few points so far in this Series. As always, good luck and good poker.

Hi folks,

We have our Freeroll qualifier through now and it's down to the last 9 in the Grand Final Showdown this Sunday at 20:20 GMTwith a $500 bounty on Mr. Doherty's head. All prizes have been awarded to date and our hearty congrats to the winners thus far.

For those of you unaware, it's worth a mention that we still have a couple chances left to qualify for the Irish Open as well, as follows:

Irish Open Super Satellite Holdem NL $300+20 Freeze out 9th of March 21:00 GMT

Irish Open Super Sat R/A Holdem NL $50+5 12th of March 20:05

Thanks to our exclusive 2-for-1 Satellite offer, if you fail to qualify from either of these events, we'll invite you to play in our last chance Irish Open Freeroll on March 13th at 21:00GMT.

As always, good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Plan_D

Money lodged by VC, Money withdrawn by me.

Compliments to VC for the organisation of an enjoyable tourney and promptness of all payment.

Hopefully it will be ran again as ive no doubt there will be improved numbers.

Looking forward to Sunday.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Poor old Ken got runner runnered out of this by luck box Iago. Well played Hennessy2007 who won the final. Will there be another one of these?

Juan Pablo wrote: »
    Well played Hennessy2007 who won the final.

Yeah definitely played the best game imo. Pity I lost the race with 33 vs A6 at the end :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Juan Pablo wrote: »
    Poor old Ken got runner runnered out of this by luck box Iago. Well played Hennessy2007 who won the final. Will there be another one of these?

It's only luck if don't know what cards are coming...superuser acs are ez ;)

As for Hennessy, after pushing and raising every hand for about 3-4 orbits he would have KK when I decide to stand against him. Stupid call on my part regardless of what he was holding.

WP to all, and congrats to Hennessy!

When's the next one starting?

Hi folks,

Final prizes have all been awarded and congrats are in order for Hennessy2007 the first place finisher in our Grand Finale tournament and golly6 who knocked out Ken Doherty with a runner runner straight draw to top Ken's Jacks and Queens. With over $10,000 in cash prizes awarded and an entertaining single table showdown with snooker legend Ken Doherty, we hope that everyone had fun competing in the VC Poker Boards.ie Poker League. A special tip of the cap to our individual winners:

$10 Series Champion - NotABoardsie
    $5 Series Champion - golly6
    Freeroll Series Champion - Desilva1
    Grand Finale Winner - Hennessy2007
    Doherty Bounty Winner - golly6

For those still hungry for some tournament competition, there's excellent value on offer with our 2-Super Sats-for-the-price-of-1 offer to qualify for the Irish Open. Final Super Satellite runs Wednesday at 20:05 GMT and remember if you don't qualify through from that tournament, we'll comp you a free entry into our Exclusive Irish Open Freeroll taking place the next night at 21:00 GMT this 13th of March 2008.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Plan_D

I had a lot of fun playing these games. Playing fellow boards people helps to hone the skills, well if you are me they do :) I still on L plates :D
    Glad I scrapped into the Grand finale by a cats whisker. Very Enjoyable game!

I sooo wanted to Knock Ken out

I do hope VCpoker.ie run another in the future. With more advance notice I'd say there would be much improved numbers.

gg all.

Hi guys,

Thanks to all for a highly competitive and enjoyable League competition. We are keen to gather your suggestions on what you did and didn't like about the format of the competition so we can make the best decisions on the best format for a future event. Please feel free to post or PM me directly with your suggestions.

On a separate note, I'm pleased to confirm that one of Board's own gkenny took our seat last night in our Irish Open Freeroll. Gkenny won the seat in true tenacious fashion taking advantage of our 2-for-1 Satellite offer to win the second leg opportunity and secure himself a seat for a shot at the big money in Dublin.

Clearly the League play sharpened his skills ;) and our congrats and best wishes go out to gkenny for a strong showing in this year's Open.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭gkenny

cheers for the best wishes vc.
    presume you will be supplying your finest hoodies and t shirts.
    hope standard of IO is similar to ipoker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Hennessy

gkenny wrote: »
    cheers for the best wishes vc.
    presume you will be supplying your finest hoodies and t shirts.
    hope standard of IO is similar to ipoker.

Well done Sir!

If the hoddies are as nice as the skin I think I might have to try and rangle one out of him too :p

Hennessy wrote: »
    Well done Sir!

If the hoddies are as nice as the skin I think I might have to try and rangle one out of him too :p

ahem, yeah....I think I deserve one for coming 2nd in the final ;)

Anyone having problems withdrawing to laser on VC? I requested a cashout and it was all O.K'd by customer support.I just got an email from VC cancelling my withdrawal, which I requested last week. It turns out that you apparently can't withdraw dollars to a laser card, but the customer service person told me that it was being converted to euro before it went to my laser.
    He even quoted me the exchange rate I was getting! It was 1.55 which has now significantly worsened.

SuperHans wrote: »
    Anyone having problems withdrawing to laser on VC? I requested a cashout and it was all O.K'd by customer support.I just got an email from VC cancelling my withdrawal, which I requested last week. It turns out that you apparently can't withdraw dollars to a laser card, but the customer service person told me that it was being converted to euro before it went to my laser.
    He even quoted me the exchange rate I was getting! It was 1.55 which has now significantly worsened.

My account on VC.ie is in Euros? It gets converted when I join a game etc. Winnings are paid in Euro too. :confused:

Yeah, I deposited from a $$$ Neteller account so my account is in dollars, but the live customer service told me that it was no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Hennessy wrote: »
    My account on VC.ie is in Euros? It gets converted when I join a game etc. Winnings are paid in Euro too. :confused:

Is it a postive or negative thing to have you account in euros?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

aren't you doing actuarial maths or something similiar donal??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

aren't you doing actuarial maths or something similiar donal??

yea but i'm workin these days so brain has to have a break

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Is it a postive or negative thing to have you account in euros?

Makes no difference really. You are still at the mercy of the exchange rate for winnings. My neteller is in Euro though, so that is handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Skobyonekenobi

I used to play internet poker but I stopped.

I lost too much money.

The odds of winning are so small that your few bob is better spent on the lotto.

I have friends who have lost tens of thousands at online poker.

They started off thinking it was just a big laugh.

One fella did a bit of bird over the whole thing, stealing to pay for his habit.

Gambling is a dirty business

• Advertisement

I lost too much money.

The odds of winning are so small that your few bob is better spent on the lotto.

strange thread to pick to reveal that you suck at teh poker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Skobyonekenobi

Not really mate.

Either you admit defeat or you end up losing the lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

<insert small popcorn picture here>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

I lost too much money.

They started off thinking it was just a big laugh.

One fella did a bit of bird over the whole thing, stealing to pay for his habit.

Gambling is a dirty business

Take out a loan, your bound to hit a rush and win it back soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

move up levels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Marvin123123

Is it a reasonable thing, I ask you, for a grown man to run about and hit a ball? Poker's the only game fit for a grown man. Then, your hand is against every man's, and every man's is against yours. Teamwork? Who ever made a fortune by teamwork? There's only one way to make a fortune, and that's to down the fellow who's up against you. Poker is just for oldies guys!

Play The Poker League Today, the Poker League is Challenging, and Fun, for players at all levels with Added Cash and FREE Bonus Seats to Live Poker Tornaments Worldwide in 28 Selected Weekly Guaranteed MTT Tournaments, 4 Games a Day 7 Days a Week with a yearly prize pool of over €17 Million . http://www.CelebPoker.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hi Marvin!

Starvin?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

He doesn't appear to be, but that sig has to go I think and a delete has been requested.

Advertisement