Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphic Designing as a career?

Options
  • 18-12-2007 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

(Im gonna post this in the Graphics forum also (previously in work forum) as I hope some people here work as designers and have advice).

Hi guys. I have been trying to break into IT for along time, with no such luck. So, am thinking of doing a Graphics Design course (at this place: http://www.hsi.ie/index.php?ID=26&type=evening&CID=118 ). I have little experience with DTP.

Has anyone any advice on how hard it is to get a job in this area? I would mainly be looking in the mid-west. I would then have that course done but no real DTP experience. Has anyone any advice before I go and pay €600 for this course? Anny questions I should be asking myself?

Advertisement