Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motoright. Any good?

Options
  • 18-12-2007 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Any experiences, good or bad? IM if you dont want to post bad.

I find it hard to beleive the milege on some of these cars. And the pics are straight from the auction house in Japan. Nice cars a good prices though.

http://www.motoright.ie/

Comments

I would agree with you on mileage. I would give more credence to the the general wear and tear items than what the odometer tells you.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭sonicthebadger*

What kind of mileage are you talking? I bought a 92 Hiace with only 90,000km on it. Genuine reading too, had it checked out. Engine actually still looks nearly new. I've seen more dirt and grime on the engine of a 03 Irish car. Car owners in Japan are fierce particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

What kind of mileage are you talking? I bought a 92 Hiace with only 90,000km on it. Genuine reading too, had it checked out. Engine actually still looks nearly new. I've seen more dirt and grime on the engine of a 03 Irish car. Car owners in Japan are fierce particular.

You can clean the engine bay of any car and make it look 'new'

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭joemc99

See this car. I am looking for the turbo legacy estate, this looks perfect. But 9,500 miles, come on? All the cars on the Japan auction sites seem to have 'average' miles, eg, 04 @ 50,000 kms. Still, may be a good car to buy if clean!

http://motoright07.webzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=507996

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭sonicthebadger*

craichoe wrote: »
    You can clean the engine bay of any car and make it look 'new'

Ha ha! Good point. Mine doesn't look new though really. Just well looked after. Plenty of general road dust and stuff. The exact words of the mechanic I had look at it were "Looks like it's never even been driven in the f***in rain!"

9,500 is unbelievable though, unless it was a second car that someone is deciding they don't need. But come to think of it, I've never directly imported a car myself, only bought an import. So I'll stop posting to this thread because all I can really offer that's worth anything to you I've already said.

Best of luck with it!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Most Japanese cars are clocked anyway in japan or just when it arrives here, As theres no way of checking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Of course they are. Can you manage that giant brush all by yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Having visited japan several times i can genuinely say that they seriously look after their cars.....they tend to have low mileages cos of the excelent public transport that everyone uses ( choice of Bullet Train or Honda Jazz, which would you pick??)
    The Japanse version of the NCT is very very very strict..
    Tokyo cars have the lowest mileages. ( the reg will say where its from)
    Cars from southern Japan have fewer rust issues (again the reg will tell you where its from) remember they dont rust proof undersides as well as europe.
    You can check the mileage....not sure how....but i know it definitely can be done.
    Im sure you can find a Japanese version of cartell or something.

Advertisement