Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stables

• 18-12-2007 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here build their own brick/block stables or field shelter?
    I'm just wondering how much it costs approx. inc. materials & labour, because building your own block stables or contructing your own field shelter is supposed to be cheaper than buying the ready made wooden ones and the field shelters are a huge price as well. Thanks! :D

Comments

kg, last time you posted you were looking for land to graze a horse..

Now you want to build on the land? You will probably need planning permission for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

No, when I move back to Kerry I might be renting a field across the road from my house, so, I was thinking about building a stable or field shelter on our own land for shelter during the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Socos

kg,

Now you want to build on the land? You will probably need planning permission for this.

You don't need planning for stables as they are an agricultural building.

I thought that they were still subject to the min distance laws if there is no existence building.

I *think* you can build them on agri land without pp but need pp to build them on residential land, you're supposed to be allowed to build 40 meters or feet (not sure) out the back of your house without pp, although I think that might only be a room(s) for people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 FLASHDANCE

Hi Kerrysgold,

I just built stables on my new premises, Luckily my brother does groundworks construction so he did them on the cheap, I built 3 large stables and a tack room all the same size 14 x 14 i the price was over 5k, But you can buy field sheltars with adjoining stable and they can be moved around which id recommend if you are renting, you should price around and get quotes so you know how much roughly you can get 1 built for

Thanks! Lucky you having a handy brother lol! I think I'll have to marry someone who is a builder but is a trained vet and has some farriery skills aswell lol! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 walter321

Hello
    Does anyone have any idea of any companies who supply and erect stables? I noticed from this thread that one of you has had stables built but wonder if it was built by someone you know or a company. Any information very happily recieved and thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 timmer

Hi there is a place in Bansh county Tipp that does wooden stables.

On the topic of field shelters - does anyone have plans for building your own?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Trevor1s

Hi Kerrygold
    I saw a company at the National Ploughing Championships in Tullaghmore last year who made stables which were portable, they came in sections so could be easily taken apart and move to another site, they were very attractive and strong looking, their email adress was enquiries@stablecraft.net
    I may have their phone number somewhere!
    Regards
    T

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

togster wrote: »
    ?

Trevor, thanks for that, I will email them to find out more. :)

Advertisement