Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gonna check it out

• 18-12-2007 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have seen a few comments scattered about the place saying how good the wire is. Might check it out. Going to HMV later. How many seasons and any idea how much each? 40 Euro? Also, will I like it? :)

I love The Sopranos although I'm not sure if that is relevant

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

3 seasons on dvd at the moment,4th to be release next year. I think they have come down a bit in price,might be between €40 and €50.

Well the sopranos is a very different show but it shows you like serious drama,which the Wire is. You need to be patient with it,that is the main thing. It unfolds slowly like a novel,and as with a good novel you really get into it after the first few chapters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Sounds right up my street. I'll be back in a few weeks with my opinions

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Check out the various online shows. Bound to get it cheaper there. Also if your not sure I always recomemend getting a lend off some one or renting it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

a mate of mine living in dublin said there selling the first 3 series for 25 each in either hmv or virgin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

S1 is 28euro and S2 is 35 in HMV I think.

I bought both seasons from the Grafton Street store and S1 had two Disc 5s in it and no disc 4. I brought the boxset back and had it replaced but that was after checking out four boxsets. Three of them had two Disc 5s!

If you buy S1, be sure to check that the DVDs are correct. It looks like there was a pretty big **** up at the 'ol assembly line.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

S1 is 28euro and S2 is 35 in HMV I think.

I bought both seasons from the Grafton Street store and S1 had two Disc 5s in it and no disc 4. I brought the boxset back and had it replaced but that was after checking out four boxsets. Three of them had two Disc 5s!

If you buy S1, be sure to check that the DVDs are correct. It looks like there was a pretty big **** up at the 'ol assembly line.

Thats a load of crap isnt it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Ive watched season 1, started into season 2.
    It does have a sopranos feel to it in some ways.
    Its another quality show from HBO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

I have recommended the Wire to a fair few people recently, and not one has been disappointed. That's pretty impressive given my recommendation usually goes something like "omg omg omg it's like the best show ever, omg it's too good omg".

Advertisement