Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

decent hairdresser - Cork city or Blackrock

Options
  • 18-12-2007 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

hi

I am new to Cork and my hair is growing.. can anyone suggest a decent hairdresser who could turn my shortish hair short again? anywhere central or around Blackrock (Mahon?) would be great. btw I'm a lady (well...)

cheers
    sf

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Is price an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

of course it is, still, I much rather spend a bit more than be miserable for weeks... do you know of anyone?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

scaryfairy wrote: »
    of course it is, still, I much rather spend a bit more than be miserable for weeks... do you know of anyone?

thanks
    well i went to the place on blackrock road between the statoil and the church and which it was reasonable i really wasnt happy with the style... u are better off going to peter marks or something.... i think there is one in mahon point.....
    good luck on the quest for great hair.... mine is long and i got colour and re style and treatments in it in PM's in dublin.... 141euro it cost me..... bastards....

For my last haircut I went to Peter Marks in Blackpool..was happy with it, after a while that was, had to get over the shock of how short it was first..so much for 'an inch or two '!:D After the shock had gone though I was really happy with the style/cut she gave me!!

I'v been to The Edge..happy. I'v been to Origin..happy aswell.

thanks for the replies, that's really great! :)
    i will go on a spying tour tomorrow and try to get an appointment with one of these salons

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

Jeff Devines on french church street is good, i use the training college which is excellent.

Jeff Devines on french church street is good, i use the training college which is excellent.

thanks i'll try to locate them! cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Any hairdressers that won't complain if you ask them to do "whatever they think will look good" ?

^^can be quite dodgy!!..Especially if the OP has short hair already. What a hairdresser thinks/likes may not be OP's cup of tea and she will be going around with a hat for the next few weeks!

Fair enough if you've long hair and are open to/willing for alot of it to get the chop. (I'v gone into a hairdressers on many an occasion and have said 'do what you want' I'v always been happy with the end result.) It is only hair at the end of the day and it will grow again!:)

hi guys

been to peter marks this afternoon (both edge and origine were fully booked). it was fine - very reasonably priced compared to tony and guy or the other more glamorous ones. it was very handy that they could fit me in the same day and managed to get rid of an inch or so. but i think next time i won't leave it until the very last moment and try something else.

thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement