Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia N95 GPS

• 18-12-2007 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

This is for anyone who has a N95. Recently I had to wipe all the data from my memory card and one of the side effects of this was that I had to reload the GPS Software :(.

My problem is that when I reloaded it, the layout was different. I no longer have a compass rose in the bottom left hand corner, it now shows a download file size option which automatically downloads postion info and I can't seem to turn it off. When I turn on the gps it does'nt show the earth rotating before zooming in. Also the bottom right corner no longer has the cool sat icon but now has 3 crappy yellow dots. The colours of the map seem a lot less bright as well and on the whole it seems a lot slower.

Did Nokia update their software recently because to me it seems like there are two layouts for their GPS? How do I get the old one back? :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yep they have new updated firmware out now. I know what you mean about messing up the GPS look and feel but they did some good things too like longer batt life and a faster responce time doing 'stuff'

Not all bad.

Not sure if you can revert back to old firmware... Maybe someone here knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

It sounds to me like you upgraded to the v20 firmware.If this is correct you can't downgrade to the old firmware.I haven't played with the GPS enough yet but I'm told Nokia removed certain parts in the v20 upgrade forcing you to purchase them instead iirc.Someone correct me if I'm wrong....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

This is for anyone who has a N95. Recently I had to wipe all the data from my memory card and one of the side effects of this was that I had to reload the GPS Software :(.

(

That wouldn't be a normal side effect as the GPS software is in phone and not on memory card.

When I got used to the new software, I prefer it. Menu layouts are a bit different causing confusion about some features.

Advertisement