Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dilemma What do I do?

Options
  • 18-12-2007 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

I currently have 47 dogs at my place,most are greyhounds and lurchers waiting for homes.A few miles away there's an unusual 'stray'.Very timid young bitch but the locals are feeding her and are resistant to my pleas to help me catch her.She is so unusual that by a weird chance of fate I ran across the irresponsible sods who bred her.Too busy to neuter their bitch- she's produced another litter(they're sired by her father)and the new pups,now 4 weeks old,will be given away and no doubt most will meet the same fate as their big sister.
    The dilemma-do I take the pups so as to be sure they're PROPERLY homed-or do I say enough's enough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

It'd be really nice of you to take them if you can. But it looks like you might have enough on your plate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TheB

You seem to do a lot for dog welfare .. 47 !! I admire you.. I see your conundrum though.. Perhaps an alternative re-homing situation ? i.e Foster homes ?

I couldn't leave them but then I only have 2 not 47 mouths to feed already.. God - what a very hard decision for you..

What are the chances of foster homes until they could be rehomed permanently ? ( I could potentially foster 1 male if really needed to.. )

1 dog extra is one thing but an extra 4/5 is another.. How easy would it be for you to rehome the puppies?

Bx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Do you have a website with pics and descriptions of the dogs by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭lurchin along

Fraid not,dont even have a computer - yet - maybe if I ask Santa...
    I will take them,it's called PREVENTION.Something the SPCAs don't have the resources to do...
    Homing is a spasmodic thing and very slow with hounds.99% go abroad.
    These are 3/4 'lassie' collies.The other bit is sheepdog so if big sis is anything to go by they'll end up sd size and colour but lassie shape.
    There are 3 of them,sexes unknown as yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

wow 47! you do brilliant work! what county are you in?
    good on you for taking the puppies, I'm sure they'll get re-homed quickly, pups usually do. I love lassie types, I think I'd have one of your pups if I was allowed! :p

as for the website thing, you could set up a free one quickly on www.freewebs.com so you're url thing would look like www.freewebs.com/whateveryourrescueiscalled :p
    if you only have limited time in an internet cafe or whatever I could help put up the lists of dogs for re-homing if you wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TheB

Fraid not,dont even have a computer - yet - maybe if I ask Santa...

Are you able to use the computer you use to post on here at all to set up a basic webbie ?

I will take them,it's called PREVENTION.Something the SPCAs don't have the resources to do..

Thats really good of you.. :)
    Homing is a spasmodic thing and very slow with hounds.99% go abroad.
    These are 3/4 'lassie' collies.The other bit is sheepdog so if big sis is anything to go by they'll end up sd size and colour but lassie shape.
    There are 3 of them,sexes unknown as yet

Can't offer a permanent home for any of them (although they sound GORGEOUS!) but could potentially foster.

Good Luck

Bx

Thanks everybody-you're fantastic!I'm in Laois and will post as soon as they come in.

More good news,big sis has been caught and has a permanent home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

Congrats! Good luck to the little girlie.

• Advertisement
Advertisement