Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lewis Hamilton loses licence

• 18-12-2007 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭

Lewis Hamilton has been banned from driving for a month after being caught speeding.
    Sky News wrote:
    Formula One sensation Lewis Hamilton has been banned from driving for a month after being caught speeding on a French motorway.

Linky

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

He's only banned from driving in France for a month.

But just a thought, what if he was banned from driving in France and and thre was a Grand Prix wounld he be alowwed race?? on does is normal Driving licence not effet the race licence.????

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

You don't need to go onto public roads to race so losing your road license isn't an issue.

Rallying on the other hand...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I remember hearing something a few years ago about one of the then current GP drivers not having a road car licence, cannot remember who it might have been though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭afatbollix

you cant get a motorsport liance with out a road liance. but as lewis has a MSA ( british liance) so a french ban wouldent matter to him...

sometimes young lads who rally who have a liance in ireland cant drive on the public road in norway because you have to be 18 to drive there they get there co-drivers to drive and then when they get to teh closed road they can drive again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

you cant get a motorsport liance with out a road liance. but as lewis has a MSA ( british liance) so a french ban wouldent matter to him...

Rubbish, but dont take my word for it, ask MSI or FIA. Rallying is different as it requires competitors to drive on the public road, between stages hence the need for a RTA licence. Autotesting was one exception until the early 90's.

I had an MSI/FIA racing licence as an adult well before I got my road licence, as indeed have many others.

Rest assured though, if you are a high-profile driver and you manage to get into trouble with the law on the road a number of times, the FIA will be less than pleased and can enforce sanctions including racing licence suspension. Its entirely subjective tho....

• Advertisement
Advertisement