Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abandoned Cars - No-one can help

Options
  • 18-12-2007 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭

I live in a recently developed estate in Balbriggan - some of it finished a year or 2 - some if it a year
    There are 2 cars abandoned outside my house - deffo haven't been moved since I moved in in October and the car tax is out since June.

I rang Fingal Council and apparantly it is not their remit as they haven't officially " taken over " the development from the builder and wait for it - this can take up to 5 years !!!!!!!

So do I have to live with these bangers outside my home til then ?
    The only thing she could add was I could track down the builder and ask him to move them - but sure whats the chances of that.

I shall give it a try anyway - how annoying. :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Get onto the managment company, they should be the ones to have it removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Tell us if you got it sorted mate will ya?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You could try the Dept of The Environment?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

If your lucky someone will set fire to them. Won't be long getting them moved then I imagine. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Pull the reg plates off.Connect a chain or heavy strap to the cars and pull them into the middle of the road,then ring the Garda and wait till you see how quick the get moved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

2qk4u wrote: »
    Pull the reg plates off.Connect a chain or heavy strap to the cars and pull them into the middle of the road,then ring the Garda and wait till you see how quick the get moved.

If 'someone' was to remove the reg plates then the cops will take it away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Yes, but you can't be certain that the cars are actually abandoned. There was what we thought was an abandoned car on the footpath across the road from our house for 9-10 months. No tax, no insurance.

Went to the guards, gave them the reg. details, and they said it actually belonged to our neighbour half a block down from us. All the gardai would do is send a letter to them telling them to tax their car.

But on the quiet the same guard told me that it would be a different story if I came back to them and said there was a car with no plates outside my door.

However, while we were still deciding what to do, a for sale sign went up on the car, and a few weeks later it was gone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Car was abandoned outside my friends house in lissenhall on the R132 he contacted guards and council and neighter would sort it so he pushed it out onto the hard shoulder of the r132 it was gone the next day. as it was then the councils responsibility

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Is it against the law to move a car by pushing it? Could you move it around the corner?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

No I think its down to Fingal COCO to remove theses.If they havent had estate handed over by managment company or not.Again, I would write a letter as ph calls are a waste of time, cc it to the Dept of enviroment.List the dangers to animals, young children other road users, etc.
    Make sure they can see who you are cc it to.Also cc it to the local Garda.
    Hoep it works.I knwo my brother livesin a new estate nd they have about 2-3 cars just left there.Its unreal.
    Cathy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tanyac

put a big block through the drivers window and ring the garda they will soon come and move it:)

Advertisement