Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P90 Upgrade question.

Options
  • 18-12-2007 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

I've heard allot of talk about both increasing the rof of the p90 and also the power behind it. What type of upgrade packages would you guys recommend looking into. I'm tempted to buy a p90 but only if I can get it closer to the 1 joule mark.

I see various kits on wgc 1 2 3 4 but tbh I haven't a clue what I need

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

I got mine direct from redwolfairsoft with a 1Joule spring and 9.6v battery, they didn't upgrade the bushings though, which I would definitely recommend, mine worked fine with the stock nylon bushings for 6 months or so, I've swapped them out now for steel ones, not because the nylon ones failed, just because I wanted to.

Buying a full upgrade kit isn't really necessary, but it all depends on what you want to do with it.

A 9.6v battery and 1 joule spring in mine gave 17 rounds per second, with a re-shim and installation of steel bushings, it's now 20rps, more than enough really unless your specifically going for a high rate of fire.

The p90 is incredibly easy to work on and you would have no trouble doing it yourself, or I can give you a hand. The gearbox is very easy to get to and disassemble

To install a 9.6v custom battery ( "J" shaped one) you need to do a bit of dremel'ing inside the stock and remove the fuse, but it's not too much work

Both of the upgrade plans on wgc are for 350fps though, so they are a bit over powered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Dremel'ing? Whats a re-shim? Where did you get your steal brushing from.

Dremel'ing... i.e. using a dremel tool to remove/trim excess material :)

Shims are little spacers that sit between the gears and the bushings to align the gears correctly, too many shims and the gears are too tight and there is unnecessary friction, not enough shims and the gears are too slack and will wear prematurely

Got the steel bushings from ehobbyasia, these aren't the same ones I got, but similar: http://cgi.ebay.com/Systema-Oilless-Bearing-Anti-Reversal-Latch-ZS-05-18_W0QQitemZ270191460557QQihZ017QQcategoryZ64635QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

So if I went for this, it would be a 1 joule with the right brushes and bearings?

yea, that would do it alright, the cylinder/cylinder head/piston head/spring guide aren't 100% necessary, but it wouldn't do any harm to replace them either

• Advertisement

Thanks, passed on the info to a friend but decided to just upgrade my g36 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Boston wrote: »
    Thanks, passed on the info to a friend but decided to just upgrade my g36 instead.

You have a C-mag on it already ... what other terror do you plan to unleash from that beastie?

The C mag is gone. I left it at HRTA one day and I've no desire to see it again. So much hassle with the feeding on that thing it was totally unreliable. I'm giving the entire gear box an upgrade with steal brusings and a systema 1 joule spring (.8joule is what it ships with) as well as upgrading the gears to handle 9.6v. Considering it fires 20rpm out of the box I'm hoping to get that up to ~ 25rpm if not more. I'm also adding a silencer to it for the total coolness of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

The C mag is gone. I left it at HRTA one day and I've no desire to see it again. So much hassle with the feeding on that thing it was totally unreliable. I'm giving the entire gear box an upgrade with steal brusings and a systema 1 joule spring (.8joule is what it ships with) as well as upgrading the gears to handle 9.6v. Considering it fires 20rpm out of the box I'm hoping to get that up to ~ 25rpm if not more. I'm also adding a silencer to it for the total coolness of it all.

Careful with the systema springs. Often times the 1 joule spring can push the aeg over hte limit especially when you up the quality of the other parts.

Remind me to stay the hell out of your way on the skirmish field to ;)

• Advertisement

I'll try the auld compression trick if that turns out to be the case.

when you starting heading upwards of 20rps you have to take into account the piston stroke, if you start going too fast, the gears catch the piston before it has fully come forward and you'll shred the piston in a matter of seconds

This is the upgrade kit I'm going for. I'm also getting a systema 1 joule as the spring with the kit is far to powerful.

you'll need to get a kit for a v6 gearbox, the cylinder head and the bushings are different, the ones with that one wont fit

Nah, I've decided to go and upgrade my g36 instead. But you're right though, I presumed the star was a version 3, its a version 2. What difference will that make?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

v3 the gearbox does not have to be in the gun, in a v2 the gun has to be assembled.

I don't follow you. Are you saying that a version 2 gear box always comes with an aeg but a version 3 can be bought as a stand alone item? Are the internals compatible between the two?

no, what he means is with a v3 gearbox you can fully assemble and fire the gearbox without putting it back into the aeg body
    with a v2 you have to mount the gearbox back in and the motor installs into the handgrip before you can test fire it

the v3 has some slight differences in the design, primarily the selector plates are different and the motor is mounted in a seperate motor cage instead of the v2 design where the motor just drops into the pistol grip

for the upgrade kit your looking at, all the internal parts of the v3 are the same (as far as i know)
    Nah, I've decided to go and upgrade my g36 instead. But you're right though, I presumed the star was a version 3, its a version 2. What difference will that make?

whoops, missed that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Okay quick question i ordered a P90 3 nights ago from UNcompany with battery and charger, when i get it would it be okay with irish sockets with a euro adaptor?

depends on the model of the charger but most units will accept dual voltage (110/220) once you have the physical adapter.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks KD :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

kdouglas wrote: »
    depends on the model of the charger but most units will accept dual voltage (110/220) once you have the physical adapter.

It'll be marked on it if it can. If its 110 only it could blow if you try it!

Lol nice... I hate electronics sometimes...

It'll be marked on it if it can. If its 110 only it could blow if you try it!
    indeed, you'll release the magical blue smoke which makes electronics function :)

Advertisement