Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

{REQ}IPOD Classic Dublin

• 18-12-2007 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭

Anyone know where to get the best price for the Apple Ipod Classic? Im looking for an 80GB. I want to get it from a brick and mortar shop, in time for xmas. Prices seem to be about 250 euro. Any better anywhere?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cian_r

PowerCity have 'em at 250 euro. If you buy online you get a 10 euro discount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

You aint gonna get it cheaper than 250

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭banchang

Go to Apple.ie & check out their refurbished store.

From time to time they have the 80GB there - I got mine there about 4 months ago. So they may not be there today, but perhaps tomorrow. Sizeable discount (about 30% from memory) on the RRP.

Free delivery to your door next day.

I had a small problem with it, & without quibble it was picked up by courier, & a couple of days later a brand new one was delivered. Excellent customer service. Would highly recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 9 callyno3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

cian_r wrote: »
    PowerCity have 'em at 250 euro. If you buy online you get a 10 euro discount

For Powercity if you quote them the online price they match it without any hassle at all.
    To get the cheaper price find the item on the Powercity site. Click Add To Quote. The item gets added and they usually put in a discount. Don't know why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

banchang wrote: »
    Go to Apple.ie & check out their refurbished store.
    Sizeable discount (about 30% from memory) on the RRP.

Not sure 30% is worth going refurb for, if your going to splash out that much money anyway... Yes if you were getting a top-notch product but in my experience they're always a little substandard.. Creative refurb is more like 50% which is closer to the mark in terms of value..

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cian_r

For Powercity if you quote them the online price they match it without any hassle at all.
    To get the cheaper price find the item on the Powercity site. Click Add To Quote. The item gets added and they usually put in a discount. Don't know why.

Yup, that works too. Also, you can always try haggling further with them. I got them down to 238 euro :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭banchang

karmabass wrote: »
    Not sure 30% is worth going refurb for, if your going to splash out that much money anyway... Yes if you were getting a top-notch product but in my experience they're always a little substandard.. Creative refurb is more like 50% which is closer to the mark in terms of value..

I think it is - for ipods, they're not in any way substandard ; and if perchance there is any problem, Apple pick it up without question & replace promptly.

- new ipod (albeit 'refurbished' although from my perspective mine is completely new), box, guarantee, all the accessories, delivered to your door by courier, all for a material discount.

I dont know who wouldnt want to go for that......much better than buying from some online retailer IMHO

Advertisement