Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

post?

Options
  • 18-12-2007 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

hi

i ordered items from a few different ebay sellers last week on the 11th, they are all from the UK, i requested (but did not demand) using registered post for all items, coming from the uk is there anyway due to customs etc they may be delayed? i understand it is christmas etc but does anyone know roughly how long it takes for small items (make up etc) tobe delivered, this is my first time ordering from ebay

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I recently ordered from an eBay seller in the UK on a Sunday and the goods arrived on a Thursday. However, it's a bad time of year to be waiting for the post. I would say about 5-7 working days for items arriving from the UK is a good guesstimate.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Customs wont hold up parcels. No duty is due between EU states.

I ordered a book, it took about 10 days. Post is generally lousy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭FreedomJoe

I sent some parcels to the UK last monday (10th) , And they still havent been received as yet! Starting to get a bit worried now as these are xmas presents, i remember last year it took Royal Mail 4 weeks to deliver a xmas present to me from my folks in thr UK. they sent it early December I didnt get them till the new year.

This year they sent them DHL! a Bit dearer but its here at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

ok not to worry, they are not needed for christmas just would like some of the items before i go away on the 29th, fingers crossed! has anyone every had the problem that items havent arrived? all the sellers i used have good feedback, powersellers etc....what comeback do i have if something doesn't arrive?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Is sell in the UK on Ebay and stuff I sent over a week ago within the UK still hasn't arrived, so I wouldn't be overly concerned just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I checked royal mail today, last posting time for airmail to ireland was 13th.

UK mail can take a few weeks for normal stuff sometimes. US is way better.

is that last posting time for christmas? sure not to worry, how long should i leave it before getting worried? and do i have any come back with ebay/ paypal?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

13th was the royal mails cutoff for airmail to ireland. of course they will give themselves a wide margin, to be sure not to disappoint. Problem is some ebay sellers are not powersellers and might not get to the post for a few days. Some will also use economy.

Customs should be no worry, no duty to be paid, unless they were illegal or something!

Other problem could be low postage. Some individual ebayers (not business sellers usually) will get pissed off if an item goes for low cost, so use economy post, or put insufficient post on an item, that can take weeks or months to arrive in that case.

Nothing you can really do now. You could email to confirm they posted by airmail on 13th.

Dunno what comeback you would have, ebay and paypal are terrrible to deal with.

i think three of the senders sent on the 11th, i emailed them all when i bought to ask them to email me as soon as the item was sent, ill check the dates now.

another person is sending me clothes from the uk, they are from america but were going to the uk for christmas so said they would send from there, what is the best most secure method of posting from the uk, the quickest? i think they have £30 for shipping of 9 tee shirts?

I won't worry about the other items yet, just pray they might arrive by the 28th.

thanks again guys

Shipping & Handling via RM Airmail (Small Packets) to 18XX
    (includes any seller handling fees) £5.80 GBP

this is from my paypal reciept and the seller said it was sent via the above on the 11th, she emailed me on the 12th saying the item was sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Recently bought a few items from UK. One posted on Monday arrived on Thursday. Other took 8 days to arrive and one posted in UK on Dec 7th still hasn't arrived. Luck of the draw really!!!!

Advertisement