Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Occasional MS Access Error (#2486)

Options
  • 18-12-2007 3:54pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A system I have developed is throwing a strange error occasionally. When a button on a form is clicked, it runs a series of VBA code, within which it calls 8 append queries, all of which are similar and pulling a fair bit of data (about 1.5million records in total). These queries reference objects (combos, etc.) on the form in Like iif(...) clauses.

Anyhow, it all worked fine until I installed an upgrade version of the system yesterday and both we get this. Now occasionally on the 8th query it throws a run time error (#2486 - "you can't carry out this action at the present time"). if you run it once you might get the error and then run it again, you won't. If you run query #8 on its own there is no problem.

Googling doesn't reveal much. There is talk about DoCmd. (which is used to execute the queries) being behind it.

I have another version of the system working on the same PCs (with similar data but in larger volumes) and no issues.

Has anyone come across this type of issue in this type of situation?

(Please, don't start the usual MS Access is rubbish stuff!)

Comments

Advertisement