Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on best place to purchase.

• 18-12-2007 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I am an innocent in these matters. I am in South Dublin - Rathfarnham/Templogue area - and would like advice as to the best type of shop to make a purchase. From reading around the topic I feel that I will be going for a Garmin - but would like to know where I would find the best selection. I dont even know what type of shop to hit - should I head for computer type shops??
    Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

mafi97xx wrote: »
    I am an innocent in these matters. I am in South Dublin - Rathfarnham/Templogue area - and would like advice as to the best type of shop to make a purchase. From reading around the topic I feel that I will be going for a Garmin - but would like to know where I would find the best selection. I dont even know what type of shop to hit - should I head for computer type shops??
    Many thanks in advance.

Find yourself a Halfords. There pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cgwils

I understand there's only one halford in Dublin. Their site unfortunately only shows UK prices.

Store location:
    http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/storelocator_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_langId_-1

Online, I would recommend pixmania.com. Problem is you wouldn't know if you'll be getting the last version of maps until you receive the product.

That's what I know. Hope it's right.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Just purchased 2 Garmins from mysatnav.ie and they've been shipped. Think if you purchase before end of business on Wed, you might get it before Xmas. Check them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

cgwils wrote: »
    I understand there's only one halford in Dublin. Their site unfortunately only shows UK prices.

Store location:
    http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/storelocator_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_langId_-1

Online, I would recommend pixmania.com. Problem is you wouldn't know if you'll be getting the last version of maps until you receive the product.

That's what I know. Hope it's right.:cool:

Hi

there's at least 4 in Dublin, Carrickmines, Tallaght, liffey Valley and Blanch, also they have 1 in Naas

Regards

Advertisement