Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem booting up XP Pro - Error message...

• 18-12-2007 4:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

Just had a black screen while booting my DELL running XP Pro.

The message read:

"Intel Matrix Storage Manager option ROM v.5.0.0
    Option ROM will not be loaded.
    No boot device available.
    Strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility."

I tried both F1 and F2. Nothing happened in either case.

I then tried Ctrl/Alt/Delete and the computer continued the startup successfully.

Any ideas what problem I have developed, if any?

Many thanks.

D.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I assume you are using SATA drives?

Basically it's a raid manager that failed to load your drive. I wouldn't worry about it however I would check your mainboard vendors site to see if it's a known issue. If so upgrade your bios or at least have a bios upgrade disk ready in case it happens permanantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Go into your bios and see if the drives are picked up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Just now got a delayed startup where a message said that the volume is dirty and it was checking all files and folders.

Then there was a message saying that checking was complete and everything was OK.

The startup then resumed and completed.

How do I go into the bios to upgrade it? If I have auto updates selected, would all of these things be updated automatically anyway?

As to the vendor, I have Belarc Advisor and I just ran it. The main circuit board is Dell Inc. 0FJ030, for what that's worth.

I really appreciate the feedback!

Thanks.

D.

Advertisement