Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom's 5mb BB - 384 kps Upload Speed?

Options
  • 18-12-2007 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭

It doesn't mention any improvement in upload speed over their 3mb package but I was told over the phone that the 5mb option does indeed have a 384 kps upload speed.

I thought it a little strange that this wasn't made clear on the Smart Telecom website. All the other broadband options do make it clear that the upload speed will be improved in line with the download speed.

Is anyone using this 5 meg line? Could you confirm the upload speed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Smart's 3Mb is 256k upload, so 384k is an upgrade on that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I'm paying for 4 meg, have a ~350-390 upload and a 5.9 meg download, so happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭supervixen

Fnz wrote: »
    It doesn't mention any improvement in upload speed over their 3mb package but I was told over the phone that the 5mb option does indeed have a 384 kps upload speed.

I thought it a little strange that this wasn't made clear on the Smart Telecom website. All the other broadband options do make it clear that the upload speed will be improved in line with the download speed.

Is anyone using this 5 meg line? Could you confirm the upload speed?

I have it in Cork:
    213645028.png

update:

this are my new stats about my 5MB Smart BB:
    214761766.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

That's pretty good. I finally got Smart in, at 7Mbps, and this is what I was getting last night.

214688113.png

Happy out with that.

Bye bye BT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 TheRenegade

seeing everyone talk about their 5mb broadband i would like you to take a look at my "2mb" eircom broadband haha:

214887072.png

spending €35 per month for 2mb broadband.... ummm yea :confused:

id bet broadband was faster back in the stoneage,
    im tired of eircom as this has happened many times before (dial-up speeds)

any recommendations on a new ISP?

any recommendations on a new ISP?

Be smart - take Smart
    I am a happy camper with Smart:):)

Advertisement