Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kickboxing class in Dublin.

• 18-12-2007 5:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭

Hey guy's,

Been looking for a kickboxing club to get into and was looking to the one in Chanel in the coolock village since it is close to me, just basicly wanna get some training and into shape, i'm not exactly out of shape but i'm only 5'8 and about 8 n a half stone so pretty small. Anyway I saw a website for it www.safe.ie but it doesn't seem to be working anyone have a number or know when it does be on?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

you have pm.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Drop into Chanel, its a good club with lots of competitive kickboxer's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Thanks lads...

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Thanks lads...

One thing I should mention about that club.

Its very traditional, coming from Wado-Ryu Karate and there's strong emphasis (sp'ing) put on the clubs grading syllabus.

They cover Light/Semi & full contact kickboxing.

I'd recommend them.

Mairt wrote: »
    One thing I should mention about that club.

Its very traditional, coming from Wado-Ryu Karate and there's strong emphasis (sp'ing) put on the clubs grading syllabus.

They cover Light/Semi & full contact kickboxing.

I'd recommend them.

Sounds good, I used to go to Chanel when I was in school but I don't know the times the training is on...

• Advertisement

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Sounds good, I used to go to Chanel when I was in school but I don't know the times the training is on...

From memory I think its from 8pm on Monday and Thursday.

Mairt wrote: »
    From memory I think its from 8pm on Monday and Thursday.

Grand, I'll pop down and have a look thanks for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭dubdamo

In the back of the Irish Fighter mag there is an ad for the Irish Mugendo Kickboxing Association, lists clubs in Coolock, Malahide road and Ashbourne, might be the people your looking for.Ph no listed as 0872848449

dubdamo wrote: »
    In the back of the Irish Fighter mag there is an ad for the Irish Mugendo Kickboxing Association, lists clubs in Coolock, Malahide road and Ashbourne, might be the people your looking for.Ph no listed as 0872848449

That's the one, also found a good one in Baldoyle that do a couple of differant styles will probably check them both out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 uasal2000

You'll find the club with class schedules at http://www.mugendo.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Is there a kickboxing or martial arts club in the city center. I remember a while ago there was one on suffock street, is that still going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Hey there - there's a club on pierse st that has many martial arts classes in it including a kick boxing class run by an Irish champ. The details are in this forum;
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055392291
    The club is run by 2 Kenpo/eskrima instructors & there are loads of different martial arts there on different days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Thanks for that, it looks fairly cool. Good prepay deal, 100 for 10 classes, you can mix and match as you feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ryanosaurus

Its a great club, it was a few years back now, so i wouldn't know if its still the same sensei's but its definitely worth going to! They're not easy now, but you'll learn fast and get fit quick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

This thread is fairly old. Id say if the OP was ever going to check the place out he's have done it by now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement