Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car window wind deflectors where to get them.

Options
  • 18-12-2007 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

Got a price of €65 !! for two wind deflectors for a passat from a car accessory shop on Tuam road, Galway. Jessas they're just a lum of plastic and the profit they're making is in the 1000% region.

Anyone know where to get these around Ireland ? I tried ebay price was reasonable €20-30 but they were from dodgy lookin german sellers.??

Right now it would be cheaper to fly to Germany to the VW factory in Wolfsburg and get them.:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Most of these things seem to be made in Germany so I wouldn't let that put you off. I got my dealer to throw in a set when I bought my car, I'm sure it cost him next to nothing but it saved me a few quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I bought my last set from a German ebayer without problem, there is an online place in Dublin I'll try to remember its name.

found it
    http://www.funkymotors.ie/Brands/Exterior-Styling-km111556/ClimAir-Wind-Deflectors-kb333787/page-1/

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭nytraveller

try here:
    http://www.funkymotors.ie/
    I agree price is a rip-off. Germen ebayers may be your cheapest option

You just beat me to it, Mike!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Got mine form german ebay also and the were alot slicker than most of the bus shelter style ones ive seen for sale over here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

What is it with VW owners and those wind-deflector yokes? Are you a member of Macra as well?

What purpose do they serve in the modern age of air-con, climate-control etc.???

The manufacturers fine-tune their designs in wind-tunnels to have a low drag coefficient ans owners feck it up with cheap bits of plastic...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not all cars have air-con shocker! It rains in Ireland shocker!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

pburns wrote: »
    What is it with VW owners and those wind-deflector yokes? Are you a member of Macra as well?

What purpose do they serve in the modern age of air-con, climate-control etc.???

The manufacturers fine-tune their designs in wind-tunnels to have a low drag coefficient ans owners feck it up with cheap bits of plastic...

Was your pet dog ran over by a VW as a child? :D

Let me paint a scenario for you.....

Its late august and its pissing rain but its still quite warm out,your window fogs up,you turn on the heat but it gets too hot,you open the window but you get wet-what do you do???????

de de de de de de de(to the tune of batman) WIND DEFLECTORS!!!

Or......

or you are hurtling along the motor way at the prescribed 120 kmph it may or may not be raining,and you decide jesus id love a fag,but you are a conscious smoker like me you like a smoke but you dont like a smokey car,what do you do????

de de de de de de de de de WIND DEFLECTORS!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

theres a shop in capel street called mitchells car accessories, he can get them to suit pretty much any car and they cost around 34-40 squid.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

I bought 4 of them for my car, a corolla, they were very cheap at 15 euros plus shipping. I bought them on ebay.com a few years ago and they are fitting perfectly. I could have bought two front reflectors from Toyota for almost 100 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Darven

tossy wrote: »
    Was your pet dog ran over by a VW as a child? :D
    Let me paint a scenario for you.....
    Its late august and its pissing rain but its still quite warm out,your window fogs up,you turn on the heat but it gets too hot,you open the window but you get wet-what do you do???????
    de de de de de de de(to the tune of batman) WIND DEFLECTORS!!!
    Or......
    or you are hurtling along the motor way at the prescribed 120 kmph it may or may not be raining,and you decide jesus id love a fag,but you are a conscious smoker like me you like a smoke but you dont like a smokey car,what do you do????
    de de de de de de de de de WIND DEFLECTORS!!!

Macra! hahaha oh lads two very witty posts.

i got mine on ebay from lado in westmeath and collecting them saturday all going to plan. €27. smoked ones, and i have to agree smokey car not nice at all! but some long trips or the mile to work in the morning require some nicotine! just to calm!

hmmm i dont think deflectors are a requirement for owning a golf, that said theres three in yard at home and ill be the third to conform. they look good on most cars! and have a purpose unlike......no fear stickers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement