Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Consequences of Driving Unaccompanied

Options
  • 18-12-2007 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

I've looked around but can't find this...

Could someone please summarise the consequences one faces, if caught by the Gardaí, driving on a 1st provisional unaccompanied.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

€1,000 fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 electrode

Thanks, Is there definatly no points or a chance of disqualification?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

As far as I know, PROVO here myself, 1st time around, there is no system for pentaly points. That is not to say you go out and try your luck.

As for the gardai, they will give you a verbal warning first time around, if your caught by the same gardai, I think it will be a little more serious.

I find that saying you booked your test and cant wait too get threw it, makes them see your confidence too drive.

Nothing to worrie about..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

yeah i have my letter with my test date in my glove compartment, we are all in the clear will June 08 when it might be a different story..no one knows

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

i have been checked four times at different places in and around Dublin, unaccomplished (with my gf, who has no idea of driving) and alone too.

Lucky till date and appearing for test on 22nd Jan but scenario will change after June (told by garda)

• Advertisement
Advertisement