Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evolution of the FPS: 27 Years of Fragging

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

all those pointing out Quake being on the list, note that it was slipped in as an edit later on *look at the comments*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

What I can remember of Unreal is me and my mate making each other play a game that we hated. My friend got Deus Ex which became one of his favourite games ever. I got to play Unreal which was one of the most unoriginal and uninspired pieces of thrash I've ever played in my life. FFS the game had a weapon that shot out blobs of green goo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Needs some AvP2 on that list.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    FFS the game had a weapon that shot out blobs of green goo.
    And it still does :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

mayordenis wrote: »
    quake is on the list 1996

Wahey. This is a new list - they added quake - it for sure wasnt on there a few days ago.
    conzymaher wrote: »
    Unreal and Quake are almost equally awesome but i'd say Unreal is better :p

Now thats just crazy talk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 deZire

I think my introduction to the genre was either Doom or Duke Nukem 3D. Quickly followed by Quake, then Unreal Tournament and Half Life.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

My favourite games in the genre

Half lifes
    Halos
    Exhumed
    Timesplitters
    BioShock
    COD's
    Serious Sam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

anyone else getting a 404 error?

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser