Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customs

Options
  • 18-12-2007 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Bought a psp from hong kong,an post phone line is closed,anyone have a number for customs so I can ring them now if they are still opened or in the morning...

This what it says when I check the tracking number...

INTO CUSTOMSPORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE

Date

12/Dec/07

Country Of Origin

HONG KONG

11811 say they dont know of customs in portlaoise,they gave me the an post number 0578623257 lol....

Anyone know why customs would want to hold onto my psp

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Lord Deco

Ok found the number only open between 9.30am to 12.30pm.....

Can they keep it?

Can I get a refund of ebay seller?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭lynchie

You have to pay import duty and VAT on the product plus handling charge..

Yes they can keep it if you refuse to pay it. No you cant get a refund from seller for refusing to pay any local taxes and charges

What would you have to pay on a psp?

They are €199 in shops....

€30?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Someone before said the vat and customs comes to about 30% of the stated value on the parcel. If no stated value the irish value is used so it could be about 60 or so euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭lynchie

Check the Online buying and Auctions Forum for more Info. There are stickys with information on calculating the duties owed.. See here

• Advertisement

Thanks guys,from reading paddy fowler's posts €60 seems about right (hopefully)....

Bit pissed off but what can you do,works out €20 more than what you can get them for in the shops.....Serves me right for being so cheap lol...

Advertisement