Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf trip July - where to?

Options
  • 18-12-2007 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Few of us hoping to head away for a week at the end of July. All pretty much novices, so not looking to get barrelled or anything to heavy!! just looking for some clean sets and nice weather.

So ive been looking at Hossegor, with a Ryanair flight to Biarritz or Aer Lingus to Bordeaux and rent a car for the week.

Anyone recommend an alternative, or is it a good choice?

Not looking to blow the bank so keeping it in Europe is the idea.

As for car rental, is it possible to get a roof rack (bringing our own boards)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 john_om_om

hey walshy. spent a few weeks on the south west coast of france a few years back. hossegor can get very heavy and very busy! as can all french beachies really. but if you have a car you should be able to find mellower/quieter peaks depending on swell size etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Try the canaries. Scorching weather. Cheap. Ryan-air links. Dunno what the swell will be like at that time but I imagine you will find waves of some description. I was there in November and the surf was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

cue wrote: »
    Try the canaries. Scorching weather. Cheap. Ryan-air links. Dunno what the swell will be like at that time but I imagine you will find waves of some description. I was there in November and the surf was very good.

which island?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

I was in Fuertoventura, but there is surf on all the islands from what I hear

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

dunno, canaries dont appeal to me for some reason. but ill look into it.

what about portugal?

bear in mind we are talkin july, so where am i most likely to get a good swell

• Advertisement
Advertisement