Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can somebody recommend a wireless router?

Options
  • 18-12-2007 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a wireless router that i can connect to my laptop. My laptop's os is windows vista.

I have O2 broadband and was wondering which router would be best suited to this type of broadband?

I've seen some routers that the O2 modem will connect directly to or would it just be easier (and cheaper) to connect the router to the laptop via an ethernet cable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Isn't the o2 modem just a USB 3G modem??

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ourlad

Yeah but reading a few previous threads earlier some people were having trouble setting it up and some routers werent compatible with 3g modems.

I wouldnt know to much about routers and the previous threads i read weren't helping to much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

An ordinary wireless router or access point will do, but its messy to setup as you gotta setup internet connection sharing on the pc that the usb modem is plugged into. You need to set up a proxy on your PC to redirect traffic out to the router/Access point. My neighbour had it done for him by someone else, but it stopped working, I couldn't exactly figure out how to get it going again.

Advertisement