Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook puts email in junk

Options
  • 18-12-2007 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭

Several people have told me that outlook puts emails from my company address in the junk folder.

Is this my issue or something to do with their Outlook settings ?

Should I contact my hosting account to see if there is any problems ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

People from the same company or different companies?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Outlook's junk filter thing is turned on by default in Office 2003 (no idea about 2007). I've no idea how accurate it is, but I think there's been at least 4 upgrades to it since its first release - I wonder how many people actually applied the upgrades!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Outlook's junk filter has a couple of settings. Putting it on high (which is the default AFAIK) catches all kinds of valid e-mails...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

dublindude wrote: »
    Outlook's junk filter has a couple of settings. Putting it on high (which is the default AFAIK) catches all kinds of valid e-mails...
    Sounds like my experience ...

And of course most users don't know how to change the settings and MS is closed source, so there's no easy way to work out why it's flagging the mail as spam in the first place ...

Catch 22 anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭information

Gordon wrote: »
    People from the same company or different companies?
    Email send to different people in different companies,
    it doesn't happan all the time, its hit or miss

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Probably depends on how they have been training the spam filter in that case, and also as the lads say above what their settings are.

It might be an idea to mention on whatever page that you use to sign up to the email on that mails may be caught as spam. Talk to the people involved and see what they have their settings set to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

I think the problem is very obvious. (Outlook)
    Luckily the solution is even more obvious....
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/

At least you can rule out the client
    At most you will get to use a better client

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

egan007 wrote: »
    I think the problem is very obvious. (Outlook)
    Luckily the solution is even more obvious....
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/

At least you can rule out the client
    At most you will get to use a better client
    Changing the email client may not be a choice for people, so the better solution would be to get it working everywhere, don't you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

That would appear logical but i think it would be better for the world in general if outlook was to disappear off the face of the planet.

I would prefer to encourage companies to get something good installed rather than something bad working :)

Advertisement