Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Global iMPACT! 17-01-08

• 18-12-2007 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭

TNA WRESTLING AND SPIKE TV PRESENT "GLOBAL IMPACT" SPECIAL ON THURSDAY, JANUARY 17

Featuring the stars of TNA Wrestling vs. New Japan Pro Wrestling
    By Bill Banks

On January 4, the stars of Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling are traveling to Japan to face the stars of New Japan Pro Wrestling at a huge event at the famous Tokyo Dome.

The footage of the event will be broadcast as part of a TNA/SpikeTV "Global iMPACT!" special on Thursday, January 17 at 11pm ET!

Encores will air Friday, January 18 at 9am ET and Saturday, January 19 at 2pm ET.

Led by Olympic Gold Medalist and current TNA World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle, TNA is set to unleash the beast in the "Land of the Rising Sun" as a team of its superstars set off to declare "Global Warning!" on New Japan Pro Wrestling.

Angle, who is New Japan's IWGP World Champion, is set to defend both titles against New Japan Pro Wrestling superstar Yugi Nagata.

This is a rare opportunity for American fans to not only witness the top wrestling talent from Japan in action on SpikeTV, but to see them compete against the superstars of Total Nonstop Action!

Other TNA vs. New Japan bouts set to take place at the January 4 event in Tokyo include:

TNA's Steiner Brothers vs. IWGP Tag Team Champions Tomko & Giant Bernard

TNA's Abyss vs. New Japan's Manabu Nakanishi

TNA's Team 3D vs. New Japan's Toru Yano & Togi Makabe

TNA's Christian Cage, AJ Styles & Petey Williams vs. New Japan's Minoru, Prince Devitt and Milano Collection AT

Don't miss the TNA vs. New Japan "Global iMPACT!" special on SpikeTV on Thursday, January 17!

Really looking forward to this, Prince Devitt aka Fergal Devitt from NWA Ireland on the card, hope he impresses the right people and gets signed to a major US company.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

rizzla wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this, Prince Devitt aka Fergal Devitt from NWA Ireland on the card, hope he impresses the right people and gets signed to a major US company.

NO! I've become a big fan of New Japan since the summer and Fergal's been doing so well there at the moment, I'd hate to see him leave. So too would many other fans, over at the Puroresufan.com forums he's currently got 75% of the 120 votes for the best young prospect in New Japan this year. I really doubt that Fergal would want to leave either, it's usually very hard for a foreigner to break into Japan if they're working their way up from the bottom, yet Fergal's surpassed a lot of the Japanese junior heavyweights this year. New Japan obviously have a lot of faith in him and to be blunt I think he'd be stupid to leave New Japan when it's looking so good for him there next year

As for the show, I think TNA are only showing an hour of it, so it's bound to be clipped. The actual event is new Japan's annual January 4th show and I'm really looking forward to it. It's been a while since New Japan have put on a poor quality big show. Christopher Daniels is also on the card, but he was "fired" from TNA

The Motor City Machine Guns weren't booked on the show for whatever reason, so they're doing some Zero-One shows early next year too, defending their tag titles. Anytime I've seen TNA wrestlers wrestle outside of TNA this year it's been really good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Im really looking forward to that 6 man tag, Minoru looks very good and Milano is decent from what I remember of him in ROH. Devitt will stay in Japan for a good while I'd say. How old is he? He's still got plenty of time before he needs to go to America.

This should be a good show. It will be nice to see TNA wrestlers doing non-stupid things.

Devitt's only 26 I think

I don't see it mentioned, but Team 3D vs Makabe and Yano is a hardcore match. I'd say that'll be some war, Makabe is one tough bastard. Makabe and Yano were voted the Tokyo Sports tag team of the year too. They went to a Big Japan show at the weekend to destroy some guys, Big Japan is a deathmatch/garbage wrestling promotion so I hope Team 3D know what they're getting themselves into!

And Tomko's partner, Giant Bernard, is A-Train/Prince Albert for anyone who doesn't know. He's come on a lot since he left WWE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Fozzy - where do you get your footage of Devitt?

Many many places, just gotta look ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement